What's new

Name the soaps whose scents can rank as masterpieces?

Masterpiece. That’s a hard one. For me it has to be something that has stood the test of time (in general). Or a scent that at least smells like it would be timeless. It has to be something that evokes something in me but could be used daily whilst still making me say ”wow” everytime I use it.

In no particular order:

La Toja shaving cream.

MWF (it is more ”complex than people give it credit for).

Proraso red.

Castle Forbes 1447

PAA CAD.

And maybe a controversial choice, Gillette Foamy or ”regular” as its called here in Europe. The pre reformulated that is. I LOVE the scent of that stuff. I could use it everyday and not need anything else (scentwise).

Honorable mention: TOBS sandalwood.

I don’t really think any shaving soap scents are masterpieces. The vast majority of recent ones are dupes of popular colognes or aftershaves.

The only original scents in recent memory that I find original and also smell great are B&M‘s Paganini’s Violin and Noble Otter’s Rawr. Both are similar fresh laundry scents, but I love them both.

I sparingly use a pair of soaps from the DeLuxe Shaving Company that have amazing scents: Mods & Rockers. Today I used Rockers which is based on the Ford Tuscan Leather cologne.
I DeLuxe Shaving Company still alive? I've been trying to buy something from them.

Obviously a personal preference but to me the ultimate scent is Mike's Rose, Patchouli, Cedarwood. It is hands down the best scent around.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I love this kind of post. Somebody should go through the whole thing and count how many "masterpiece" scents have been listed. It would be a shorter list if we asked for non-masterpiece scents.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I love this kind of post. Somebody should go through the whole thing and count how many "masterpiece" scents have been listed. It would be a shorter list if we asked for non-masterpiece scents.
I think I counted 40 or 41 on the first page. Someone with more gumption will have to count the rest.

Now the big question: which one of you is going to purchase the 295? soaps that appear on these pages and give us a definitive list of masterpiece scents?

Top Bottom