What's new

Snail mail scent exchange

Currently I've got 5 soaps/creams. But there are quite a few that attracted my attention spending time on B&B. Alas, with covid, I can't visit a local dealer that stocks shaving soaps to sniff them before buying. And they only stock a limited set of brands and varieties anyway. And ordering samples doesn't do the trick: only a few brands offer them and they are not exactly focussing on Continental Europe.

So here is my idea: just imagine writing a letter. Adding just some scrapings of soap in the envelope or a smear of soap on the paper. Not enough to sample the lather but I think we can trust each other on the lathering qualities. It's just the scent that's so very personal.
I for one would be glad to share scentsamplelettres with anyone interested in sniffing TOBS Sandalwood cream, palmolive stick, Tabac puck, Wilkinson blue (puck), Proraso red soap.
And I'm very curious to discover the scent of Pré de Provence No63, Nuavia blue, MdC Fougère, Stirling sandpiper, Duke and Intrepid Man, Wholly Kaw King of Oud, Phoenix artisan Harvest Moon, Razorock Nomad, Goodfella's Chronos and a very typical Bay Rum. To name just a few :blush: .

Who's in for some exciting scent exchange platform? (Or is this just a plain stupid idea)

So end of the line: no one interested in exchanging / sending me some sniffing samples?

Top Bottom