What's new

My Yaqi-Pearl

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I've assembled my Frankenrazor. Probably will give it a spin tomorrow with a Polsilver. Link.

RR SLOC cap and barberpole handle + Pearl bottom plate.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Tried the Pearl baseplate and Yaqi top cap this morning with a vintage Gillette Platinum Plus blade. It certainly is more aggressive than the Yaqi baseplate and cap with more blade feel. It feels a bit more aggressive than a Gillette NEW in my hand, which is good for me. Success!

Oh no a fake Halo handle!!

I do have to hold the plates together while tightening the Halo but it does fit tight.
proxy.php

I thought it was called Halo, but maybe it's a different Halo handle by RR.
2018-06-02 20.11.07.jpg

At any rate, this was my spare handle I planned on using with the Yaqi-Pearl, but the screw post from the top cap is too long & won't screw deep enough into the handle which leaves the top cap & baseplate loose & not fully tightened. Still working on a solution.

View attachment 887991
At any rate, this was my spare handle I planned on using with the Yaqi-Pearl, but the screw post from the top cap is too long & won't screw deep enough into the handle which leaves the top cap & baseplate loose & not fully tightened. Still working on a solution.
Hmm ok . This is mine.
proxy.php

View attachment 887991
Got a pic of the threads at opening?

Houston we have a problem.............same problem @Dave in KY ran into-- no handle to fit & screw it down tight. Razorock Halo handle that comes with the RR Mamba don't work, it's still too loose after its been tightened all the way. Same with Parker 26c handle. Hmm......

Have a look at the picture @jmudrick has posted. Did you get the correct baseplate, or did you get the Merkur OC baseplate too?

Top Bottom