What's new

My Yaqi-Pearl

I ordered my handle (barber pole) with a larger order so shipping was included. I think it was $15 as well. If you need the handle you are better off ordering the SLOC from IB, as it's the same head, and you can add a handle of choice (I think anyway)

Thanks, I'll look into it when I get the correct pearl base plate :a17:

I really should read all posts before I reply, didn’t realize they sent you the wrong baseplate lol.

The one on the left looks suspiciously like a Maggard's MR-5, which is also Stainless Steel.

proxy.php

So many retailers sell this handle I wouldn’t be surprised if they all came from the same place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I really should read all posts before I reply, didn’t realize they sent you the wrong baseplate lol.

So many retailers sell this handle I wouldn’t be surprised if they all came from the same place.

Looks exactly like my Facon. You better get to starting that club or brotherhood for everyone that is joining @Neffarious with this concoction !!

The great handle I bought from Don he said was from Pearl. Wouldn't be surprised if this one was Indian as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

The great handle I bought from Don he said was from Pearl. Wouldn't be surprised if this one was Indian as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Yes, I'm thinking the same thing - Indian!

Good news Gents,........the mishap with Dave's was an honest mistake though unfortunate. Mine came in today.
Cloth baggie, check; correct teeth curvature, check; right thickness, check; authentic Pearl baseplate, check!!
2018-06-01 13.31.29.jpg

Good news Gents,........the mishap with Dave's was an honest mistake though unfortunate. Mine came in today.
Cloth baggie, check; correct teeth curvature, check; right thickness, check; authentic Pearl baseplate, check!!
View attachment 887618
Good to hear. I have a tracking number for mine along with a picture of it and was told to keep or PIF the other. Don't own a Merkur as some have identified it for I guess. Don't know what I'll do with it but glad the correct one is coming so I can join the madness and possible Club that may pop up from this experiment.

I see a lot of options but feel @Neffarious should be the one to get this going if he is willing since he initiated this thread. What do you say Flyboy, are you willing to start the Brotherhood/Club so as to continue this enabling ??

I'm on it. I'm at the beach in St Petersburg right now. Let me review the names and I'll ask for consensus later today when we get back to the hotel.

Houston we have a problem.............same problem @Dave in KY ran into-- no handle to fit & screw it down tight. Razorock Halo handle that comes with the RR Mamba don't work, it's still too loose after its been tightened all the way. Same with Parker 26c handle. Hmm......

Houston we have a problem.............same problem @Dave in KY ran into-- no handle to fit & screw it down tight. Razorock Halo handle that comes with the RR Mamba don't work, it's still too loose after its been tightened all the way. Same with Parker 26c handle. Hmm......
Oh no a fake Halo handle!!

I do have to hold the plates together while tightening the Halo but it does fit tight.
proxy.php

Top Bottom