What's new

My wife lovingly thinks I'm nuts over my growing collection!! How about you?

So my wife cleaned our bathroom today while I was at work. I had like 10 razors out on my side of the countertop (we have double sinks) on top of a microfiber towel along with my bowl, cream and a couple of brushes. And of course some extras like alum block & after shaves.
She moved all my stuff in order to clean everything and replaced the towel with a new clean one and organized everything exactly how I had it. When I got home, I thanked her for the way she always does that with the utmost care.
She told me: "While I was cleaning your side today, I realized that my husband has gone nuts!"🤣
Now, I'm a person that has a couple of hobbies. I've also played music my whole life (I collect drums) besides the razors, so my wife is undoubtedly the most supportive person possible with every single idea that I've come up with. She basically feels that as long as it's something wholesome and it doesn't make us go broke, it's all good!
Of course her "nuts" reference was told in a loving and funny way where we were both laughing about it!
I intelligently seized the moment in order to introduce her to all my shaving gear and pointed out certain features & meanings behind this hobby that we love so much. i.e., Birth year razor, finishes, manufacturers, years etc..
I think it was wonderful because even though she looked genuinely puzzled, at least she could get a sense of how important this hobby has become for me. So I think it was a good thing even though it all might be perceived as a little nutty. The other good part is that now she wont ignore the growing number of razors anymore and wonder!

What's your story with your significant other on what they think about all of this?

Last edited:
I only keep what I am using in the bathroom, a razor, one soap, one cream, one brush, wh, balm and a aftershave and have my own shelf away from hers. All my de's, straights, strops,hones, creams, soaps etc are in my office at home, in cabinets sort of out of sight out of mind. My partner does not mind and is happy I have a hobby that I enjoy.

I only keep what I am using in the bathroom, a razor, one soap, one cream, one brush, wh, balm and a aftershave and have my own shelf away from hers. All my de's, straights, strops,hones, creams, soaps etc are in my office at home, in cabinets sort of out of sight out of mind. My partner does not mind and is happy I have a hobby that I enjoy.
I need to get organised.
I am the only man in the house. I have my own den/bathroom, but I am not sure how long that is going to last when my girls hit puberty 😳

Last summer my wife was suffering from poison ivy and desperately needed to use calamine lotion. She searched through the cabinet, could not find any, and called out in frustration, "Is there anything in this cabinet besides shaving things?"

Good thing she didn't look under my side of the sink. Or in that one dresser drawer. Or the box under the bed . . .

OK. I admit, it was a wake up call.

While our main bath is small (30" vanity top), everything is behind closed doors. So while I've got 9 razors, 5 brushes, and about 14 creams and soaps, I only pull out what I need for that day's shave I do have some back-up blades in a bin along with a couple spares of shaving cream in a library closet. Neat clean, that's the ticket!

Top Bottom