What's new

My wife lovingly thinks I'm nuts over my growing collection!! How about you?

Mine thinks I'm crazy but she's used to me so takes it in stride after 28 years. On my days off I'll shower and shave about an hour before she arrives home so when she arrives I'll say,

"What's the three magic words?"

In most homes that might be 'I love you' but she either responds with "You smell good!" or "You feel smooth".
Bingo!

However, she does grow weary of opening up every other cabinet around the house and seeing modern or vintage blades stashed everywhere.

What wife? (Trust me, that's the ticket)! I don't need any "long-haired mess cook" to tell me what I need to have or keep. I spend my money on my cars, clothing, etc. I live for ME! My opinion is the only one that matters.

No one else really counts.

What wife? (Trust me, that's the ticket)! I don't need any "long-haired mess cook" to tell me what I need to have or keep. I spend my money on my cars, clothing, etc. I live for ME! My opinion is the only one that matters.

No one else really counts.
Wow! Definitely an unconventional philosophy on life:oops:
But hey, to each it's own!

Wow! Definitely an unconventional philosophy on life:oops:
But hey, to each it's own!
Our society has long been gynocentric in nature.

1. Between 80 and 90 percent of consumed items are marketed towards women.

2. Since the 1960s, television series have portrayed men as idiots possessing neither intellect nor esteem.

3. The concept of running your own life shouldn't come as much of a surprise. (Was it only your parents that ran your life once you left home)? I'm certain that most men haven't been married since they removed themselves from their parent's homes.

4. Since the "Women's Movement" of the 1960s made an effort to "liberate" themselves from "male domination" it is strange how many women still marry to be supported and demand spousal support when their 'dreams' don't become reality. This doesn't seem very "liberated" at all, they're either living off the proceeds of their estranged spouses or the Government dole.

5. I have truly "liberated" them by not supporting their "lifestyle". (They can earn their own living).

I learned to think for myself and deal with things on my own. I thought most men learned to live on their own without having to be influenced by anyone. Thinking and dealing with life on your own terms should mean more than the requisite 'yes, dear.'

I do not kowtow to public opinion nor need someone to "encourage" me to think as they think.

Thank you.

Last edited:
my wife knows I go overvboard into things I like so she is fine :)

most my life I had nothing I used cremo and a cartridge and had pit stick that was it
when I was in my teens like 40 yrs ago I had a few things old spice and some Quorum that was it :) hahahaha
so yeah its new for sure to have so much and I know I am still not that much to so many here :)

she is more amused

my recent finding the best stuff besides shaving like the Neutrogena my 18yr old daughter and wife are winning with the OH I love this stuff

my wife will never care but she is using the Henson these days :)

my long term is minimal gear and know its going to take a while to narrow down as I am enjoying this so much

Last edited:
Our society has long been gynocentric in nature.

1. Between 80 and 90 percent of consumed items are marketed towards women.

2. Since the 1960s, television series have portrayed men as idiots possessing neither intellect nor esteem.

3. The concept of running your own life shouldn't come as much of a surprise. (Was it only your parents that ran your life once you left home)? I'm certain that most men haven't been married since they removed themselves from their parent's homes.

4. Since the "Women's Movement" of the 1960s made an effort to "liberate" themselves from "male domination" it is strange how many women still marry to be supported and demand spousal support when their 'dreams' don't become reality. This doesn't seem very "liberated" at all, they're either living off the proceeds of their estranged spouses or the Government dole.

5. I have truly "liberated" them by not supporting their "lifestyle". (They can earn their own living).

I learned to think for myself and deal with things on my own. I thought most men learned to live on their own without having to be influenced by anyone. Thinking and dealing with life on your own terms should mean more than the requisite 'yes, dear.'

I do not kowtow to public opinion nor need someone to "encourage" me to think as they think.

Thank you.
Captain, although I can appreciate your personal view (after all, it is your view and everyone is entitled to what they believe),
I'm the first one here that always welcomes anyone to participate with "Whatever comes to mind" in any threads I make. But this can really derail this one really quick!
I will definitely tell you though that you most definitely have an interesting (and different) way of seeing things.
But that's OK,
As I said: To each it's own!
Now back to the topic we go!:)

Captain, although I can appreciate your personal view (after all, it is your view and everyone is entitled to what they believe),
I'm the first one here that always welcomes anyone to participate with "Whatever comes to mind" in any threads I make. But this can really derail this one really quick!
I will definitely tell you though that you most definitely have an interesting (and different) way of seeing things.
But that's OK,
As I said: To each it's own!
Now back to the topic we go!:)
Not everyone views being married as a great option. This is a part of being "separate" from the "crowd". One has to live with oneself. My life is my own.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
focus.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I had an insane number of guitars and basses, amps and effects. And everything else to go with that. Wet shaving came along at a time when I had an epiphany about the insane senselessness of my guitar collection. So it basically slid right in and took over the serial collector part of my brain at a time when I needed it most. At a time when I needed to stop buying guitars. My wife had always been supportive of my music and my guitar collection. Even bought me a few guitars over the years. She’s the best. But compared to 80+ guitars, 25+ amps, hundreds of effects pedals etcetera, etcetera…. A couple of hundred shaving razors is nothing. She has zero issues with it. Even pretends to be interested when I tell her about my shave of the day! Like I said, she’s the best!

Top Bottom