What's new

My Take on Green Irish Tweed Scented Shaving Soaps

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
The description sucked me in twice on two different soaps. Sounds very nice. Both times I try it I get one thing in the scent. Irish Spring bar soap.

Someday I will have to smell some actual Green Irish Tweed, because I can't imagine it actually smells anything like bog standard Irish Spring. Anyone else have any different experiences with "Green Irish Tweed" knock-off shaving soaps?

Out of curiosity which 2 did you try?
I've only tried a few, and admittedly it's been a long time since I smelled actual GIT so I don't think I'd be a good person to comment on which ones are more/most accurate to the original.

RazoRock Irish Countryside.

I haven't used the new one but used it along with the AS splash when it was known as something else (GIT, then Tight Buns maybe).

I use Wet Shaving Products Gaelic Tweed or Murphy and McNeil Crann Bethadh. Granted, with soap, I’m looking more for performance over scent. While I often try to match soaps with aftershaves, it’s not my main concern. Fragrance of the soap is generally light, and easily overcome by aftershaves and cologne. If you really are curious how the homages compare to the real thing, I’ve picked up samples at Creed Green Irish Tweed Cologne - https://surrendertochance.com/creed-green-irish-tweed-cologne/. For as much as I use it, the 5ml spray last a long time. I will say this, Green Irish Tweed is probably my favorite scent.

Last edited:
Could just be your brain scrambling the 'irish' scents in your memory. To be fair, GIT is more or less a typical mens fougere cologne. Many, MANY fragrances will have a lot in common with it but to me, it is unique. Some people think its got a cool water vibe...I disagree. Thats the problem with scents, its more brain than nose most of the time.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Out of curiosity which 2 did you try?
I've only tried a few, and admittedly it's been a long time since I smelled actual GIT so I don't think I'd be a good person to comment on which ones are more/most accurate to the original.
Stirling and Mama Bear. Not having smelled the real thing, I just know that both of those remind me too much of Irish Spring soap which I'm not a fan of. I can't believe Creed's scent really smells like Irish Spring or it couldn't sell for what it does. Maybe I'm wrong.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Could just be your brain scrambling the 'irish' scents in your memory.
Not saying my brain couldn't trick me, but Irish Spring is not a scent I enjoy whatsoever and I didn't think GIT would smell like Irish Spring. I'm guessing it doesn't but the homage soaps do.

I see no way out now, except to order some of the real deal in a small quantity or get to a really really nice Walmart so I can smell it in person LOL.

Not saying my brain couldn't trick me, but Irish Spring is not a scent I enjoy whatsoever and I didn't think GIT would smell like Irish Spring. I'm guessing it doesn't but the homage soaps do.

I see no way out now, except to order some of the real deal in a small quantity or get to a really really nice Walmart so I can smell it in person LOL.

This is funny because I ordered Irish Springs from PAA (soap and splash) and it smells like Irish Springs. I realized that it was ok as a bar soap as a kid, but no way I want that scent shaving. This is not a shot at PAA because they did an Irish Spring fragrance as advertised - I just discovered it's not a scent I now enjoy in any way :).

I have Stirling Sharp Dressed Man, WSP Green Irish Tweed and M&M Crann Bethadth. To my unrefined nose they smell different from Irish Spring.

The description sucked me in twice on two different soaps. Sounds very nice. Both times I try it I get one thing in the scent. Irish Spring bar soap.

Someday I will have to smell some actual Green Irish Tweed, because I can't imagine it actually smells anything like bog standard Irish Spring. Anyone else have any different experiences with "Green Irish Tweed" knock-off shaving soaps?

IMHO, Creed GIT soap smells almost exactly like GIT cologne. Also, it's really strong.
If you want to experience, go into any fashion mall and try a GIT cologne tester.
Take a spritz home on a tester card and then you can compare to whatever.
Or, find a puck of the real thing and treat yourself!

creed green irish tweed d r harris thier issard la legende december 27 2017.jpg

I really like the Creed fragrance. I have Stirling Sharp Dressed Man soap and aftershave. It smells like Creed initially, but Creed has a much longer life and deeper scent.

IMHO, Creed GIT soap smells almost exactly like GIT cologne. Also, it's really strong.
If you want to experience, go into any fashion mall and try a GIT cologne tester.
Take a spritz home on a tester card and then you can compare to whatever.
Or, find a puck of the real thing and treat yourself!

View attachment 1433358
might I ask where you are able to purchase the Creed shave soap? everywhere that lists it is out of stock

might I ask where you are able to purchase the Creed shave soap? everywhere that lists it is out of stock
not surprising. it's not a big seller for them.
mine are over 10 yrs old, really not sure where from.
one probably from ebay since it was partially used.
shaved with it last month, still lots of smell left.
admittedly, not the best slickness, but certainly ok.

Creed Green Irish Tweed Omega Friedellko November 8 2023.jpg

Top Bottom