Razor: Gillette New Type LC
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (5)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Cream: Proraso Green Super Formula
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green
Post Shave: InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid
Aftershave: Proraso Green (Splash)
044_22.jpg

I shaved with this razor by adjusting my routine. The results ended up being fantastic. This shave ended the week on an up note. Now, am I going to forget everything I knew before I had to cater to this prima donna of a razor? This razor I had to adjust my life and routine around just to get a decent shave? This razor that demands special treatment as if it's all that? That's it for this razor for now. Next week I'm up for my Old Type thin cap single ring paired with a Wizamet. I'll also continue on with my Simpson Trafalgar T3. I'm really liking this brush, and a reluctant acknowledgement to my Gillette New LC. The shaves were great and long lasting.

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: 1907 Gillette Old Type Single Ring
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (1)
Cream: Squadron Dutch Resistance
Aftershave: Reuzel (Splash)
026_23.jpg

There is a reason that the Old Type beat out the New Type in the Winner Grudge Match OT Vs NEW. This was pure science and as TobyC said so graciously and eloquent: *** WINNER***Grudge Match: OT Vs NEW - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/winner-grudge-match-ot-vs-new.510972/page-19#post-8865805

Needless to say I loved using my Old Type today. It's almost as good as a Fatip OC, but it is superior because it is the first DE, and I honor that. There would be no Fatip without it.

Squadron Dutch Resistance is licorice good! Resistance is futile! Reuzel , pronounced roy-zel, is a slick and fantastic splash. A little goes a long way, and it doesn't leave your skin oily.

My Simpson Trafalgar T3 is brilliant. I had a great start to the week. Happy Shaves!

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (2)
027_23.jpg

This razor is really smooth! It's not as efficient as a Fatip OC, but it's a joy to use. It may not be as efficient due to how light it is. Efficiency will probably increase the more I use it. By Friday, its last day, I'll probably have it totally dialed in. I'm having fun shaves this week.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (3)
030_23.jpg

I completely dialed in the use of my Old Type and before Friday! It is so smooth, but today it was efficient as it was smooth. It's really like a Gillette Post War Tech in comfort, ease of use, feel, and smoothness but with blade feel. It definitely beats the New Types and leaves them in the dirt. In case you have forgotten, here are the words of TobyC upon hearing the Old Type beat out the New Types in the now infamous grudge match:
:001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2:
THE OLD TYPE WINS!!! OLD WINS!!! THE OLD TYPE WINS!!!
:a50::a50: :a50::a50::a50::a50::a50::a50::a50::a50::a50::a50::a50::a50:
:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:
:punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk:

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (4)
031_23.jpg

I'm short on time today. I'll I have to say has been said before:
:001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2:
THE OLD TYPE WINS!!! OLD WINS!!! THE OLD TYPE WINS!!!
:a50::a50: :a50::a50::a50::a50::a50::a50::a50::a50::a50::a50::a50::a50:
:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:
:punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (5)
033_23.jpg

The week with my 1907 Gillette Old Type Single Ring is done:

:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1

:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:
:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

:a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48::a48:
:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Next weeks line up:

Gillette New Type SC/Wizamet Super Iridium
006_16.jpg

Proraso Green Pre-Shave
002_16.jpg

SV 70th Anniversary Special Edition
003_16.jpg

Omega Evo Ovale (Best Brush in the Universe)
004_16.jpg

InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid/SV 70th Anniversary Special Edition (Splash)
005_16.jpg

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I've had a decade long stint of laziness and sloppiness. When I'd get off of work, and all weekend, I'd throw on some jogging pants and an old t-shirt, the older the better. I'd even go to the store like that if the wife sent me. Yesterday, I went through my wardrobe and bagged up a decades worth of them to give away. I kept two of the newest jogging pants for the weekends. I get up first in the morning, and I can lounge in them until Janava gets up. Then I can go and dress like a proper person. I had forgotten and neglected the left side of my wardrobe. There I found a treasure trove of really nice all but forgotten clothes. There are pullover sweaters (jumpers). I wear my button up ones as they're convenient. I don't have to pull them over my head and straighten my hair. I even wear those with my stretchy jogging pants and a mismatched colored t-shirt. I found, I have a collection of really nice Oxford shirts, dress shirts, along with nice slacks. I washed them up, and the rest are at the dry cleaners. I have an old tan brown sports coat as well, although I'm getting a charcoal sports coat. People say they aren't versatile. I say poppycock. gray, or in this case dark gray, doesn't oppose any color on the wheel. The color palate isn't quite as limited as one may think. They even go with jeans. A Fedora would be nice. I'm having fun trying to stay casual. Dressed but not over dressed is the goal. Anyway, that's what I'm up too.

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Razor: Gillette New Type SC
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (1)
Brush: Omega Evo
Soap: SV 70th Anniversary Special Edition
Aftershave: SV 70th Anniversary Special Edition (Splash)
010_20.jpg

My Old type won against the New Type LC for me over the past two weeks. It also won in the grudge match where Toby C so gracious and eloquent gloated about it. Today I used my Gillette New Type SC for the first time in a long while. I'm not a friend of gap, but my first shave equaled my New Old Type Single Ring. In the words of KeenDogg from the match:

The room is rife with trash talk!

The NEW will live to fight another day!!!

Hahaha
(quote)

This should be an interesting week for me with my New SC. It definitely scored points with me. It makes me wonder was Uncle Gillette drunk on the day he invented the New LC?

SV delivered in aces with all of its bells on. The splash has a very sophisticated scent profile. It's masculine and clean without being overstated. It is super slick. I need to use a lot less tomorrow. It left my skin a bit too oily for my liking.

I used my Evo expecting it to have a significantly better feel, and by it out performing my Simpson Trafalgar T3. My Simpson Trafalgar T3 feels exactly the same as my Omega Evo. I could tell them apart other than the T3 is a lot more brush. This is curious? I expected to be blown away upon using my Evo again. Instead it put things into perspective. If you're looking for a high end feeling synthetic, but you don't want to shell out the money for am Omega get the Simpsons. It's the same thing.

Razor: Gillette New Type SC
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (1)
Brush: Omega Evo
Soap: SV 70th Anniversary Special Edition
Aftershave: SV 70th Anniversary Special Edition (Splash)
View attachment 1347757
My Old type won against the New Type LC for me over the past two weeks. It also won in the grudge match where Toby C so gracious and eloquent gloated about it. Today I used my Gillette New Type SC for the first time in a long while. I'm not a friend of gap, but my first shave equaled my New Old Type Single Ring. In the words of KeenDogg from the match:

The room is rife with trash talk!

The NEW will live to fight another day!!!

Hahaha
(quote)

This should be an interesting week for me with my New SC. It definitely scored points with me. It makes me wonder was Uncle Gillette drunk on the day he invented the New LC?

SV delivered in aces with all of its bells on. The splash has a very sophisticated scent profile. It's masculine and clean without being overstated. It is super slick. I need to use a lot less tomorrow. It left my skin a bit too oily for my liking.

I used my Evo expecting it to have a significantly better feel, and by it out performing my Simpson Trafalgar T3. My Simpson Trafalgar T3 feels exactly the same as my Omega Evo. I could tell them apart other than the T3 is a lot more brush. This is curious? I expected to be blown away upon using my Evo again. Instead it put things into perspective. If you're looking for a high end feeling synthetic, but you don't want to shell out the money for am Omega get the Simpsons. It's the same thing.
was Uncle Gillette drunk on the day he invented the New LC?
Uncle Gillette’s libations paid off in the end. A fine Uncle indeed.
SV delivered in aces with all of its bells on.
SV inventory is at a happy place. Their products have elevated my shave in efficiency and comfort. I haven’t used them that long but the change has been significant. My skin improvement gratefully accepted. Their vegan formulas work better for my sensitive skin issues. Zero regrets using entry and mid level products. They were heavy contributors in helping me in my continuing shaves refinement.

Top Bottom