What's new

My other Journal Page is about Fatips.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Uncle Gillette’s libations paid off in the end. A fine Uncle indeed.

SV inventory is at a happy place. Their products have elevated my shave in efficiency and comfort. I haven’t used them that long but the change has been significant. My skin improvement gratefully accepted. Their vegan formulas work better for my sensitive skin issues. Zero regrets using entry and mid level products. They were heavy contributors in helping me in my continuing shaves refinement.
I just have to remember to take it easy on their splash. It seems like their products are pricey, but they're quality and meant to last.

I just have to remember to take it easy on their splash. It seems like their products are pricey, but they're quality and meant to last.
Always nice when price is equivalent to quality. Soon to be seventy-five. My ambition is to be like Mickey Rooney. When buried he only had $16,000.00 left in his estate. I think the half dozen wives drained more funds than the shave.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Gillette New Type SC
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (2)
Brush: Omega Evo
Soap: SV 70th Anniversary Special Edition
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green
Post Shave: InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid
Aftershave: SV 70th Anniversary Special Edition (Splash)
012_20.jpg

I can tell this week is going to go good. Everything I know is wrong about the Old Type being better than the New SC. I've always been against gap and pro exposure. I'm quite enjoying the gap on this little razor. The blade is always there when you need it. You don't have to search to far. It really helps when shaving under my nose. The SV soap was wonderful if not just a tad dry. I knew I should have dipped the tips of the brush one more time. It was still serviceable. It just wasn't at my sweet spot. I used a lot less of the SV splash, brilliant! Happy shaves!

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (3)
013_20.jpg

The Old Type Single Ring pulled out ahead of the New Short Comb I'm using this week. It did so for one reason only. It's smoother! Still, I had a wonderful shave today with the New SC. It's a good razor.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (4)
014_20.jpg

One more shave and I'm done. I've really been enjoying the New SC. My shaves have been bbs with a dfs on my neck area. I've actually improved the dfs standing on my neck area. I have been doing a wtg and atg two pass on my lower neck. It's not a huge improvement from what it was, but it feels nicer. It's something only I would notice.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (5)
015_20.jpg

I didn't have time to logue yesterdays shave, so here it is. It was a fine way to end the week. The Old Type still wins over the New SC imo. It5 however was a fine week using the New SC.

I miss my Fatips. I haven't used them due to the rotation plan I have for them. I decided I can use my Plisson-Joris Palladium Engraved razor, as it does not interfere with my Fatip rotation. I will use it with a Wizamet Iridium Super, Proraso Pre-Shave Green, MdC French Vetyver, Simpson Trafalgar T3, InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid, and Gillette Cool Wave (Splash). I'm posting next weeks shave line up on My Fatip, Joris, Schone, Collection and Journey 2018 and Beyond journal. Happy Shaves!

Last edited:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Razor: Merkur Progress 500
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Cream: Proraso Red
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Reuzel
020_25.jpg

My schedule is as off as I am my medications this week. No worries. I used my Progress on a setting of two. It was a nice mild shave. This razor has a lot of audio feedback. I think because of its non-rigid design. It sounds like scrapping toast. That is kind of unsettling being used to Fatips. It was also kind of fun. I love the scent of Proraso Red. It does seem to be a better winter scent. The weather has been hot. I miss menthol. It is what it is. I have pictures to live up to after all.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Razor: Merkur Progress 500
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Cream: Proraso Red
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Reuzel
023_25.jpg

I had another really good shave today. I went with a setting of three on the with the grain pass and a two for the rest. I leave for this year's Sundance tomorrow. It will be the last year for this dance. It went for 16 years which is four groups of four years that's a four-day dance. Four symbolize the four directions. I'll be out of range and in the ceremony. I'll connect with you from the hotel in Farmington NM on the way in and out to give updates on my trip. My Dopp bag has a 933cl Merkur travel razor, Arko cream, my Trafalgar T1, and Van Der Hagen balm. I should be good to go. Happy shaves!

Top Bottom