What's new

My other Journal Page is about Fatips.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
My shave line up for Monday. I'm going back and giving my original kit a go.

Merkur 34c and Astra SP:
023_30.jpg

My EJ Badger Medium Super
015_20.jpg

TOBS Sandalwood
005_20.jpg

Proraso Green Splash
008_20.jpg

This nostalgic trek down memory lane should be fun! :w00t:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Wait. Wait....Wait just one minute here.

You, Raven Koenes, Mr.Ambassador to Fatip and lover of all things Fatip, are now going to exclude Fatip from this thread?

Good luck!

i-dont-believe-you.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Brush: EJ Badger Medium Super
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood
Aftershave: Proraso Green (Splash)
028_40.jpg

I had a nice first shave with my original kit items. My Merkur 34c was not as close as my Fatip Lo Storto, but it was close. I definitely had a DFS all around, and did that not changing my technique from my Fatip shaves. I had forgotten how smooth this razor can be. It felt like a tech but more efficient. I'm so used to shaving with Fatips that I'm sure there will be a dial in period this week. Over all I'm impressed with the results. It was close to a bbs, with no extra work, and there was no feed back when applying aftershave. I'll see how I do over the week with it. It's not the tool it's the artist, and this is not a bad tool...so there's that. Note: TOBS Sandalwood is still stinky.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
There are so many real Sandalwood scents. TOBS Sandalwood is not among them. :tongue_sm
When I first started DE shaving a little over a year ago, I had no idea there were so many selections of razors, soaps, brushes, and aftershaves. I was overwhelmed by the descriptions and felt a traditional barbershop scent would be a good start. And TOBS is considered one of the traditional shaving soaps/creme's.

Then so is Tabac :crazy:

It didn't pass the sniff test so I tried the TOBS Lime next and went from there.
And this was all before I discovered B&B.

The lingering remembrance of the TOBS Sandalwood aroma/stench has kept me from trying any other Sandalwood variety's until I tried a tub of Proraso Red, which even got the approval of the LOTH. She also likes ARKO :c9:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Astra SP (2)
031_40.jpg

My second shave was a very nice dfs shave. There was no feed back on a three pass shave when applying aftershave. My skin looks great and not over shaved. I get the best feedback from the blade cutting when I use more pressure, and riding the bar to push the skin up. This doesn't cause any increased irritation. Riding the bar, riding the bar (Sung to the tune of Breaking the Law by Judas Priest).

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Blade: Astra SP (2)
View attachment 1148506
My second shave was a very nice dfs shave. There was no feed back on a three pass shave when applying aftershave. My skin looks great and not over shaved. I get the best feedback from the blade cutting when I use more pressure, and riding the bar to push the skin up. This doesn't cause any increased irritation. Riding the bar, riding the bar (Sung to the tune of Breaking the Law by Judas Priest).
I'm curious how your Merkur 34C compares with a Gillette Heritage

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Because I have self respect?

Anything’s possible. If that’s the case, why did you post your flappy dual-railed Zamak exploits in the thread for two razors wrought from brass, are all class, and hold a blade down tight for a shave that’s dyn-o-mite?

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Anything’s possible. If that’s the case, why did you post your flappy dual-railed Zamak exploits in the thread for two razors wrought from brass, are all class, and hold a blade down tight for a shave that’s dyn-o-mite?
Man, it's hard enough being off my meds and trying to navigate reality. Logic isn't helping. It's not like it's a strong suit of mine even when I'm closely monitored by big nurse. For now I'm free! :hips:

Top Bottom