What's new

My Guess... 3017

I'm not too fussy about scent (unless I don't like it....in which case I REALLY don't like it), but I find this cream to be delightful, a fresh, almost minty lavender. My memory may be tricking me, but I don't think it's too far off Speick cream in scent. It also has lanolin, so, if that's your thing, Lavanda is pretty close to Musgo Real in performance which is high praise in my house.
It is definitely different than fresh lavender, as if you had broken off a sprig. Castle Forbes has that fresh lavender scent. When I was in a market in Dusseldorf a few years ago, I smelled some dried European lavender and it smelled very much like Lavanda. I wish I had more!

2022-08-14 12.51.26.jpg

My first kill in this thread. Today I finished a classic Fine L'Orange Noir and I've had great shaves with this soap. It produces rich, creamy and slick lather. It is really easy to work with, it is not fussy about the brush. I've had great results with every brush I used. It has simple tallow formula and doesn't contain any "skin foods", but it always leaves my skin in a great condition after the shave. And the scent is just great. Not too strong which I like. Strong enough to feel it during lathering and shave, but I could choose any aftershave as it doesn't stay. Fine's classic soaps are now discontinued, so I don't believe that I will be able to pick another puck, but the shaves were great, so I'm happy with it 😄 I have some pucks with different scents, so it's not gone entirely yet. The only problem I've with lather was when I didn't load enough of soap, so it's obviously on me.
It feels good to actually finish a soap instead of adding more to the den, so I'm going to continue this with the tube of Speick cream. It's about 3/4 full and smells absolutely amazing 😁

2022-08-14 13.28.49.jpg

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
View attachment 1504693

My first kill in this thread. Today I finished a classic Fine L'Orange Noir and I've had great shaves with this soap. It produces rich, creamy and slick lather. It is really easy to work with, it is not fussy about the brush. I've had great results with every brush I used. It has simple tallow formula and doesn't contain any "skin foods", but it always leaves my skin in a great condition after the shave. And the scent is just great. Not too strong which I like. Strong enough to feel it during lathering and shave, but I could choose any aftershave as it doesn't stay. Fine's classic soaps are now discontinued, so I don't believe that I will be able to pick another puck, but the shaves were great, so I'm happy with it 😄 I have some pucks with different scents, so it's not gone entirely yet. The only problem I've with lather was when I didn't load enough of soap, so it's obviously on me.
It feels good to actually finish a soap instead of adding more to the den, so I'm going to continue this with the tube of Speick cream. It's about 3/4 full and smells absolutely amazing 😁

View attachment 1504695
Congratulations on the kill and welcome to the 3017 thread it gets addictive but sometimes it takes a while to kill something.

I have been keeping a shave log since 2010. I just looked it over and recognized at least 3 soaps that I was using in 2010 that I still have today. But that's only 3 pucks out of my current inventory of 43 pucks....
I'm trying to finish off my open (i.e., lathered) soaps and then will start on the backlog of the rest. I've got 3 more tubs/pucks to finish off after those in my current rotation and then I'll be up to 2018 vintage (other than a few pucks of some NOS Yardley and TAOS tallow).

Top Bottom