What's new

My Guess... 3017

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Do you put a little dollop of cream in the middle of the brush then start lathering? With creams I always put the cream in a bowl and lather. With soaps, since I load the brush I will either face lather or bowl lather, but tend more often to face lather.
Yes, I put a little dollop into the bristles in the middle of the brush, then massage the cream through the bristles. Dip the tip of the brush into water and then directly face lather. I don't use a bowl or hand to build up lather. All done on-face.

Passed the halfway mark I think! The shaves have been great. These 150ml tubes sure are value for money.
The Vie long horse hair brush has worked better than the Semogue 1305 for me. The 1305 although a good brush is just too big IMO.

E438E48C-5BA4-432E-9910-59890986FE15.jpeg

Some folks may know that I am 3017ing my way through a brick of Vitos extra coco. On 21 February 2019 it weighed in at 819.4g just prior to the first shave.

Today I did something that I am sure has occurred many times before although I suspect it is a somewhat rare occurrence these days. This morning was shave 1227 which just happens to be the number of pages of this thread! :tongue_sm

I would love to claim victory and talk about what soap I am gong to 3017 next… but alas I have 211.7g remaining which will last into sometime next year.

Not sure why but I seem to have plenty of lather for 2-3 passes and wash at least another pass worth down the drain. I suppose I could load less but I this soap to outlast me... 🤔

Ruckin (someday I will actually finish this soap...)

Finished these two today.

IMG-4594_DSC_4594 (2).JPG

I will rotate my soaps and creams for a few weeks and then use Arko for Shark-week.
I'll start my next 3017 on August 1st, yet to decide which one.

This is what I had when I started:

3017_2022-07-07.jpg

I've acquired a few new soaps since then, will post a photo later.

Some observations on the 3017 thread:

Gets more conversational as the years go by, the kills seem to happen more infrequently by post count.

Didn't count samples, or discontinued use after a few shaves., Sometimes it's hard to tell when someone finished a soap, ie adding a remnant to the top of a new soap. Or saying I've only got a few shaves left.

Some said they finished a soap but didn't mention what brand or scent. Wasn't going back to hunt for it. If someone said I got one shave left, it depended on who was posting. Trusted and frequent 3017ers I would take that as a kill, but infrequent posters, I would wait for a declared kill posting.

Reformulations: much has changed since 2010, I can't keep track of what's new or old formula, so listing names was about it. Soap makers like PAA changed names a few times, so I just stuck with the name as the member called it.

There used to be Roll Calls, members would post what soap or cream they were currently using.

Lots of talk about brushes, and bowls and mugs, artisan vs big name soaps.

Can get confusing trying to accurately record during theme months, ie Tabactober when users will switch out for a themed month.

My own observations:
Come to the point where I dislike stronger scented soaps. They can get cloying after a while, like LASS Black Fern. Great soap but the scent can get cloying after a while.

Since I've pretty much settled.on what I like, I want to use them up slower, like the minimum needed. No longer loading like I hate it.
I won't buy samples anymore.

I have the spreadsheet converted from Google sheets to .xlsx, but B&B won't let me upload it here. Any suggestions? Can it be uploaded to a wiki page? I don't have one but I can email it if needed.

Next up is a new-to-me cream: Ach Brito Lavanda. I love the Lavanda cologne from Ach Brito and I am looking forward to pairing it with the cream now that the weather is warming up.
Ach Brito Lavanda finished this morning. 83 great shaves at a fantastic €6 cents per shave. Excellent cream, does everything well and is very slick. Fully recommended.

Next up will be 3 samples of Trumper’s creams: Coconut, Rose and Limes, 1g each. I got these samples when I visited Trumper’s in London last month. It’s my first time with their creams.

Afterwards, I will use AdP shaving cream until Summer ends, not a true 3017 as I expect my tub to last longer than that.

Traveling in Iceland for the last couple of weeks, and can report that shave kit availability is dismal. Like NOTHING. I have been well served with my minimal kit of Schick injector, QED Rosie unobtainium shave stick and Kent Infinity Silvertex synthetic brush. I’m not shaving more than every few days, and have left the AS at home.

Top Bottom