What's new

My Guess... 3017

Hello, long time no check in. Thought I should give an update!

I stopped using my Edwin Jagger soap as I went through a month plus of using only an electronic razer. During this time I used mainly shave oil and towards the end I used my Proraso White (without lathering).

I'm now the proud owner of the Twig razor and fully back on board with my usual way of shaving. Unfortunately I have now accumulated more soaps that I started with despite finishing the Proraso White 😂. I'm back on track and two weeks into Stirling Pearberry. Getting fantastic shaves daily.

Thanks everyone, happy shaves!

I use my black '10th Anniversary' edition almost exclusively. I only stray with a synthetic when traveling.
When I opened the small drawer-o-brushes the first one I saw was the electric blue handled Badger and Blade Essential Boar that I picked up maybe 5 years ago (?). I havent used this brush in a loooong minute...or any boar for that matter. I grabbed it for todays shave and it was glorious. I'm so happy with this brush its going to get exclusive use likely for the remainder of the summer. Its well broken in with very soft tips and after months of sythetics I forgot how good a good boar can be. As I recall this particular knot didnt need much break in. I believe it was a joint collaberation with Omega. Anywho...its an excellent little brush that deserves a turn in the spotlight.
@snowman The B&B Essential boar is a favorite of mine as well. I am currently using the Sue edition this month. :001_wub:
I’ve been using my original (blue) for the last couple of months with the Trumper soap and it has been outstanding.

Hello, long time no check in. Thought I should give an update!

I stopped using my Edwin Jagger soap as I went through a month plus of using only an electronic razer. During this time I used mainly shave oil and towards the end I used my Proraso White (without lathering).

I'm now the proud owner of the Twig razor and fully back on board with my usual way of shaving. Unfortunately I have now accumulated more soaps that I started with despite finishing the Proraso White 😂. I'm back on track and two weeks into Stirling Pearberry. Getting fantastic shaves daily.

Thanks everyone, happy shaves!

Welcome back. How is the Twig treating you?

Tried to love my Twig but could not ....even with a Feather blade could not achieve a close shave definitely tooo mild for me...
would never replace my Rockwell...
you can achieve a "plastic free shave " with soo many DE razor....and less slippery...

tam

Will pause XXX for a week.
Using Arko during Shark week.

Attachments

• IMG-2948.jpg
    IMG-2948.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG-2952.jpg
    IMG-2952.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 10
Finally caught up! Started around May 20, and got through 1177 pages July 14. Almost two months, wished some of my soaps lasted only this long, lol.
You Sir are a very dedicated person.

I did that around 2014/2016 when there were half as many pages and vowed to keep current. It's kind of a cool time warp when binge reading though. Soaps falling every few minutes.

Well the TFS Mandarino has bit the dust and the the next victim awaits. I stand by my earlier comments on this thread that this is a very good soft soap. The scent is lovely strong orange and it actually lasts during the shave unlike some. It is slick and has what I would term a strong "B" for post shave. (If "A" is stand out excellent). The only reservation is that you can very easily over water it and take it from the point where instead of getting pristine lather for 3 passes, the third pass becomes a bit thin. You can do this with no tell tale signs when you are lathering up. Anyway, I have others to try so wont be dashing out to repurchase, but the soap acquitted itself well and I doubt most shavers would be disappointed with it.

So for those interested the hit list now looks like this:

TOBS Grapefruit
TOBS Peppermint
TOBS Eton College
TOBS Platinum
TOBS Avocado
DR Harris Marlborough
A&E Spartacus
Fine Platinum
TFS Mandarino

I need to select the next soap. Ive got these to choose from:

Fine Am Blend
TFS Bergamoto Neroli
Emperor
MWF
TOBS Royal Forest
TOBS Grapefruit
Classic 24
Emperor
Stirling Exec Man
A&E Spartacus
Haslinger
DRH Windsor
DRH Windsor
DRH Arlington
Fine Platinum x 8
MWF x 10

You see MWF, Emperor and DRH Windsor listed twice because the first are part used and the single puck of Windsor, single Stirling Emperor and the 10 MWF at the bottom of the list are in their original packaging. I'm torn between charging into those that are relatively quick to finish off (the TOBS/TFS) and those that I love (DRH/MWF) and those I want to get to grips with (Stirling/Classic). On balance, this really is a first world problem and I expect the readers of this forum are the only people on the planet that might appreciate the dilemma.....

Happy shaving all.

So next onto the block is the RR Emperor. I have had a couple of shaves with this puck and dont remember them being dud. Anyway, i loaded heavy and got what looked like an excellent thick lather but it was thin on the face. Barely enough for pass three and very little post shave support. Im hoping this will be a prime example of why one needs to 3017 the soaps - to master the thing and get it to perfection. So the jury is out but im wondering.......

So next onto the block is the RR Emperor. I have had a couple of shaves with this puck and dont remember them being dud. Anyway, i loaded heavy and got what looked like an excellent thick lather but it was thin on the face. Barely enough for pass three and very little post shave support. Im hoping this will be a prime example of why one needs to 3017 the soaps - to master the thing and get it to perfection. So the jury is out but im wondering.......
In case you aren't already, try the Marco method with RR soft soaps. (That is, starting with a wet brush and loading with very little pressure until the brush tips are saturated with soap.)

I've also had great results layering RR soft soaps on to a thin layer of Haslinger applied as a shave stick.

Top Bottom