What's new

My Guess... 3017

Finished Shark Week 1 day early yesterday.
So today it's back to 3017'ing

IMG-3004.jpg

Had a nice, slow and close shave:straight:

IMG-3006.jpg

I was on vacation last week and took a stick instead of the bowl of Trumper Violet, giving it ample time to dry out. Judging from the husk of a soap that was left when I opened the lid this morning, I feel comfortable saying it won’t be too long now. I’m very much enjoying this puck, so I don’t think I’ll break out the Simpson Chubby 2 synth to kill it. Yet.

Sue & Wendy. Those were some nice times. Bay Rum with a Twist of Lime was my fave.

Well put and I forgot about Bay Rum with a Twist of Lime. That was a really nice scent and as I recall a bit off the beaten trail in those days. Sue was a bit of a trend setter.

Another one I liked, and I cant recall now what they called the scent, but it was their take on Green Irish Tweed. I always get compliments from SWMBO in the Autumn when I wear GIT so its long been a favorite scent here. SCS's take on GIT, to my untrained nose, was the very best. It wasnt a dead ringer, but in many respects it was better than the original...and for pennies! Gosh I wish I had a few jugs of that AS in the stash.

Yes, those were indeed nice times.

I put Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet cream on hold for now. It's just not as good as all my other creams and soaps, and doesn't leave my face the way I want it to be.

I think until the end of August I will rotate between Speick cream and a puck of Valobra Cologne. What an improvement!

Dr Jon's Arctic Hydra was polished off today. It was a 2oz tin. Took a month and a few weeks. It was one of the better non-tallow soaps I've tried. Better post shave than MdC. Lather was able to be moderately heavy. Worked well for straight shaving as well as DE. I never would have known it had menthol if it didn't list it in the ingredients. The scent was light. That's in contrast with the aftershave that's punchy on the scent and has about the perfect menthol hit for summer. Will keep the AS on tap. Soap, probably won't replace but not due to bad performance.

Up next is a lovely Volabra shaving stick. I cut it up into 1/2" thick chunks and put it all in a MWF ceramic bowl. Been looking forward to this one.

Sue & Wendy. Those were some nice times. Bay Rum with a Twist of Lime was my fave.

That was a great one. My favorite was the one Sue ended up calling Refined. Heck the Lime scented AS and ASB were deceptively complex. It wasn’t like I cut a lime in half and rubbed it on my face. There was some masculine base note that I got.

Top Bottom