What's new

My Guess... 3017

CLOWN PUKE tubs can be great fun!
Actually, now that I've witnessed such a soap for the first time, I think "puke" sums it up even better than "gross." Something tells me it's going to be an awesome soap!
Resizer_16108396791650.jpg
Resizer_16108396791652.jpg
Resizer_16108396791651.jpg

Do you scoop croap or load in the tub? I have a brand new tub of DG Darkfall that is super soft and for some reason I'm having a View attachment 1208949hard time rubbing a dripping wet brush on it (I use mostly boars). But I used another tub of DG soap today (the bottom of the rub made a small appearance today!) that I've tub loaded for years and the scent and lather seems fine. Although it is a slightly harder soap I think.

I scoop croap, put an almond size in my mug, load the brush and then I face lather, but tomorrow I'll try to load the brush rigth on the croap because I don't mind to finish it faster, usually I use Simpson Trafalgar T3 or Razorock Plissoft. This soap make a good lather and have good slickness, but lack in fragrance and protection.

The Stirling Christmas Eve is performing exceptionally. My newly honed straight razor technique (see what I did there?), not so much. I’d say I’m about halfway through the puck. I haven’t the foggiest idea what’s on deck.

@beginish SCS 😍 I regret that I only got to use a couple of pucks while they were still in business.

Happy shaves, friends.

The Stirling Christmas Eve is performing exceptionally. My newly honed straight razor technique (see what I did there?), not so much. I’d say I’m about halfway through the puck. I haven’t the foggiest idea what’s on deck.

@beginish SCS 😍 I regret that I only got to use a couple of pucks while they were still in business.

Happy shaves, friends.

SCS was a tremendous value overall. Getting only a month or so from a cake of soap, wasn’t but you couldn’t beat the AS splashes and balms. Dirt cheap, great scents and worked like a charm.

Goodfella soap didn't have much scent and pillow so I decided to mix it with a Lea stick and a Haslinger Sandalwood Puck, it filled the Tabac bowl (sacrilege!) completely and it looks very bad but the scent is good and the performance is excellent! I think it will last all winter!
I use it in combination with Patrichs Noir Classic Aftershave, a warm and sweet scent.

Hello gentlemen, this is my tonight shave, 5 shaves of my Frankensoap (Candy Cotton + Lea + Haslinger) I haven't found a name yet.
Comfortable shave with the new Razorock Game Changer 68, Gillette Platinum blade and the Patrichs Noir AS with a few drops of Witch Hazel.
Sorry for the ugly soap pic, taken right after shaving.
IMG_20210123_191416.jpg

Just killed a sample of Nuàvia Blu. It was good but a full tub would provide a much more pleasant experience, no doubt.

Unfortunately, I have noticed that since I use tallow-based soaps daily my skin tends to become oily. In addition to the Frankensoap, I have two whole Stirling tubs waiting. Today I will have to stop my 3017 and have to try a plant based soap to see if it will make a difference.

Salvaged one last shave to finish off my tub of GD Elan. Overall one of the best performing soaps I've used, and to my surprise I was able to get about 45-50 shaves out of it.

Not sure what's next on the 3017 block. Just may rotate a few soaps for a couple of weeks to see what peaks my interest.

strop

Now half as wise
Enjoy that SCS Bob. I do miss that soap.

I'm about 4 weeks into the La Savonniere du Moulin Donkey's milk soap. Averaging about a gram a day, but not being stingy at all. Given the 190g tub, this will take about 6 months to finish. I can't find this exact soap om the Planete Raisoir site, though they have a smaller, similar puck. I doubt I will make it straight thru, and will likely spend March with SIM.

The appearance of this soap has bee unusual, in that a geometric pattern seems to go thru the puck.

20210129_103709.jpg

Today I am calling it on my Stirling Ozark Mountain and joining 3017:
PXL_20210130_015812520.jpg
I absolutely loved this soap. The performance was great and the scent reminded me of my childhood, camping with my grandparents in Arkansas. I will definitely buy more Stirling, and while I am keen to try all their unscented offerings I will probably also keep a place for this scent for sentimental reasons.

Coming up is Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica which I put into a Barrister & Mann tub:
PXL_20210130_021046670.jpg
I am very much looking forward to trying this.I have heard Tundra Artica is particularly slick and specially designed for straight shavers which I am not but I am interested in trying slick soaps.

Further out I have: NO Rawr, WK King of Oud, Sudsy Soapery Top o the Morning, and another SV, Dolomiti.
??? 2020 - Jan 2021 Stirling Ozark Mountain
Jan 2021 - ??? SV Tundra Artica

Today I am calling it on my Stirling Ozark Mountain and joining 3017:
View attachment 1215412
I absolutely loved this soap. The performance was great and the scent reminded me of my childhood, camping with my grandparents in Arkansas. I will definitely buy more Stirling, and while I am keen to try all their unscented offerings I will probably also keep a place for this scent for sentimental reasons.

Coming up is Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica which I put into a Barrister & Mann tub:
View attachment 1215414
I am very much looking forward to trying this.I have heard Tundra Artica is particularly slick and specially designed for straight shavers which I am not but I am interested in trying slick soaps.

Further out I have: NO Rawr, WK King of Oud, Sudsy Soapery Top o the Morning, and another SV, Dolomiti.
??? 2020 - Jan 2021 Stirling Ozark Mountain
Jan 2021 - ??? SV Tundra Artica

Congrats on the finish. A lot of nice shaves ahead in your den.

Top Bottom