What's new

My Guess... 3017

Philosophical 3017 Question; On February 1st I'm going to start 3017ing one of my two remaining soaps. Once that is gone, I'll be down to one soap and it seems to me that if you only have one soap, you're not really 3017ing anymore, you're just shaving like a normal person.

So from a 3017 perspective, isn't your second to last soap actually your last 3017 soap?

Hmm, that is an interesting philosophical question. I will ponder this as the prospect of becoming a normal person intrigues me. I suspect I will have plenty of time to think on this as my current soap (a brick of Vitos) will celebrate its two year birthday of daily shaves in February [Ed note: foreshadowing] and there are several (58) other soaps waiting in the queue. The possibility of being normal someday will help me stay the course.

Ruckin.

Philosophical 3017 Question; On February 1st I'm going to start 3017ing one of my two remaining soaps. Once that is gone, I'll be down to one soap and it seems to me that if you only have one soap, you're not really 3017ing anymore, you're just shaving like a normal person.

So from a 3017 perspective, isn't your second to last soap actually your last 3017 soap?
Very good question. I am also on my last chunk of the 500 grams of Klar Kabinett I bought in 2012 and after that I have only one stick of Arko left.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yeah, I hadn't ever had the thought until the end came clearly into view.

This is clearly a symptom of spending way too much time thinking about shaving soap.
Or regaining your sanity? LOL! I REALLY need to get rid of some stuff. I smell a PIF in my future.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.

Technically you are not 3017ing your last soap until you acquire another soap to replace it

Long time to ponder that...

But I have thought about the next product as I have less than 2 weeks of Top Secret remaining. I think I am heading toward a 100g tube of LEA, which has been used a few times and might have separated a little. The 150g tube looks daunting.

Starting again 3017 with Proraso Red, there is 90% in the tub I think.
IMG_20210131_113457.jpg

Bluesman7, I believe it depends on your goal. If you want to get down to one soap (or cream), yes, you’re finished. However, in my case, I wanted to finish everything, even the can of foamy under the sink and actually need to buy more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep in mind 3017 is a process with varying philosophies and ideologies. If I'm using one soap to find it's true potential I feel I'm keeping true to the 3017 experience no matter how many I have stored away. The soap that I have yet to order just happens to reside a bit further than the soap in my closet. So really i'm saving time and energy by ordering it ahead of time. I've saved myself >10 years of headaches and extra postage already!

:pipe:

Top Bottom