What's new

My Guess... 3017

I have 58 unopened soaps and am about half way through a brick of Vitos. It will be a long time before I need to get more soap.
Don't ferl you are alone ....I have over 100 pucks and Ill never run out.When I am down to 75-80 finished I scoop it out and put the soap into a all soap jar and mix it.So far that concoction has been stellar and it always changing.I started it eith a little bit from all of my soaps....no Williams or cheap soaps-Its been a good experiment.My favorite small mix has been B&M EXCELSIOR-WHOLLY KAW-SIERO-GROOMING DEPT.-NAI CBL-ETHOSL TALBOTS-IKUMA DECLATATION GROOMING-DARKFALL. All those mixed was a treat to shave with....the scent was rich -no base scent but good and the facefeel was awesome.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

My first post in this thread to report in a shave cream 3017

Vicco Laboratories is well known in India for making face creams and other products based on the awsome goodness of turmeric. They have a shaving cream which is strong but pleasant scented turmeric and has a good lathering base. It is one of my favorites. They also have a version with turmeric as base and sandalwood oil.

When applying lather to the face, due to the nature of the turmeric, blood flow spikes through the face to give that warm feeling. Turmeric has possibly the best medicinal properties for the skin and blood in nature.

The cream is slick And has great post shave feeling to it.

View attachment 1186317
Vicco makes awesome toothpaste it my favorite......I couldn't believe how good it was!

In 2020 I determined to finish all of the samples that I had kicking around in my soap drawer. Took about two months. In the Fall I fell down the hole of "Autumn" type scents and probably have enough to get through Fall for the next couple of years. In the meantime a number of samples have accumulated in my drawer again that I'll work through this year, but I've decided that I'm going to begin with this soap until it's gone. I hope it doesn't take more than a month or two at the most. Not a strong scent but very pleasant for the cold season.
Resizer_16096065085850.jpg
On another note, my wife has discovered my Tabac. So, I will no longer be concerned about when I'll finish that tub off.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
In 2020 I determined to finish all of the samples that I had kicking around in my soap drawer. Took about two months. In the Fall I fell down the hole of "Autumn" type scents and probably have enough to get through Fall for the next couple of years. In the meantime a number of samples have accumulated in my drawer again that I'll work through this year, but I've decided that I'm going to begin with this soap until it's gone. I hope it doesn't take more than a month or two at the most. Not a strong scent but very pleasant for the cold season.View attachment 1203550On another note, my wife has discovered my Tabac. So, I will no longer be concerned about when I'll finish that tub off.
Baby steps my friend! I took a picture of my soaps. I had not ever done that. (They were, erm, dispersed?) all over the place.

I'm not a big 3017 fan, so I don't think I can just use one soap. Lol, even Arko!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
By dispersed do you mean you've had to hide them from Mrs Tan
Dude....if you ONLY knew.

You have hit the nail squarely and firmly on the head.

I have a hard time letting things go. She has no such problem.

There in lies the issue.

Plus: she shaves her lovely legs with bar soap and disposable razors.

What can I say but, in the immortal words of Paula Abdul, "opposites attract!"

In what way different?
Both the smell and the lather. The scent is completely foreign to me. I've never smoked a pipe and never been to Denmark, so it's not hard to imagine scents out there that are new to me. The lather I haven't figured out, which is part of the reason I've decided to use it every day. Only getting airy dissipating nothingness so far mostly. Too much water, I think.

My wife has very little interest in using my soaps unfortunately!

Back on my own journey I'm back to Proraso Red and thoroughly enjoying my shaves.

However, I may have made my stash last longer by keeping my leftover lather for the next shave...
IMG_20210102_131627_923.jpg

My shaves have improved yet again and I'm not wasting lather.... A small drop of cream the next day and it rehydrates like new. It also lathers alot quicker which I appreciate in the early mornings now I'm back at work!

Overall I'm one happy gent!

Finally finished my first 3017 attempt. I must admit it was really fun and the soap was good but took longer than I thought. The 25g of MDC fougere pressed in a bowl lasted 38 shaves. I since received a 200g tube. I think next is gonna be a bunch of 3-4 shaves Tobs samples. Then Im done with creams.
Finished :
IMG_20201117_101913.jpg

Next :
IMG_20210104_180335.jpg

Don't ferl you are alone ....I have over 100 pucks and Ill never run out.When I am down to 75-80 finished I scoop it out and put the soap into a all soap jar and mix it.So far that concoction has been stellar and it always changing.I started it eith a little bit from all of my soaps....no Williams or cheap soaps-Its been a good experiment.My favorite small mix has been B&M EXCELSIOR-WHOLLY KAW-SIERO-GROOMING DEPT.-NAI CBL-ETHOSL TALBOTS-IKUMA DECLATATION GROOMING-DARKFALL. All those mixed was a treat to shave with....the scent was rich -no base scent but good and the facefeel was awesome.

In old medieval Inns and tavern one could find a pot of "perpetual stew" constantly simmering over the fire. The pot was never emptied and got replenished with liquids and solids as it was needed, giving an ever-changing taste to this soup.

You are making a wet shaving version of a perpetual stew, a perpetual soap puck :biggrin1:

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Seriously, I'm sure I'll give up before I get to the bottom of this tub, but the resolve will last long enough to figure how ro use it with any brush. I've used it six days in a row and managed some exceptional lather bowl lathering with some synthetics, but not yet with naturals. View attachment 1205199
3017ing any soap is a marathon not a sprint, sometimes you will get fed up and go and shave with other soaps, but as long as you keep coming back to it eventually you will finish it.

Broke through a few days ago. The ussage per shave now appears to be accelerating, but I could also be using a little more force when loading. This soap has been outstanding in all areas and will look to replace or try another GD vegan soap as it appears the vegan base has changed. Well, once I get through the 30 soaps in my queue.
PXL_20210107_173454133.jpg

Top Bottom