What's new

My Guess... 3017

After a week of foolin' around I decided to start on my next 3017 today.
The victim will be a partial tub of Proraso red, little bit over 80g left.

View attachment 1144018
One month in, one more to go...

IMG-1239.jpg

Current picture of vintage Williams. Looks a lot like it has for the past 2 months but it’s very croapy now and going fast, I’d guess I’m starting a new soap Oct 1.
F6C693CA-C655-445D-95D2-CB165165A498.jpeg

I don't see the current 3017 effort lasting until October.

Last day of August I said I couldn't see iColoniali making it to October. I was wrong, iColoniali will see October.

In my defense I forgot to take into account the elves that inhabit my bathroom. Not only do the little b@$tard$ remove the cover from my tube of toothpaste every night, they also add shaving soap to the soap dish so that it never goes below the 1/4 mark.

3017 style really sticks with you.

I had been trying to maintain a slight rotation but always fell into sticking with the same product... Easy shaves and easy lather.

I've just finished my tub of TOBS Lemon and Lime cream. Great shaves. Now on a partial tube of Palmolive Classic... Maybe around 1/3 left.

Checking in to report finishing a puck of vintage Franklin Barbershop tallow soap after 185 shaves. There was still some left (12 grams), but I got tired of chasing it around the mug. Off it went into my "Mutt Soap" container. I used Mutt Soap for about a dozen shaves, and now I'm working on a puck of PdP 63. Good stuff!

Checking in to report finishing a puck of vintage Franklin Barbershop tallow soap after 185 shaves. There was still some left (12 grams), but I got tired of chasing it around the mug. Off it went into my "Mutt Soap" container. I used Mutt Soap for about a dozen shaves, and now I'm working on a puck of PdP 63. Good stuff!

I love the scent and lather from PdP 63 however it's been tucked away since starting my 3017 journey. To be honest I'm intimidated by that puck. Have fun subduing that monster. :a33: :taz:

I too am intimidated by that one. I grated it and pressed it into an empty plastic tub as I didn't like the metal one. It went rock hard again. Probably take me a year to finish it.

strop

Now half as wise
Managed to finish off the 2 samples of WCS a few days ago. Got about 3 weeks from the 2 samples. Decided to continue with the unobtanium theme and started a puck of Lemon AOS tallow. As expected, superb results.

Don’t fear the PdP! It takes longer than your average puck, but it smells great, performs well and is a pleasure to use. You’ll get bored, but mix in a few cheats here and there and you’ll have no problem getting back to business.

Top Bottom