What's new

My Guess... 3017

image.jpg

Not a lot left on my AdP cream. Going to end it soon

Williams is done. I haven't been shaving every day so soap are lasting longer and MWF took up a big chunk of the year. I did lose one soap, CB ocean grove. Had it for a few years and the scent turned on me, started to smell like dandruff shampoo, not pleasant. I like the soap a lot, had a great time last summer with Glace Herbe so it was sad to toss the better part of 8oz of soap but when the scent goes south it doesn't matter how good the soap is.

Just 3 gone so far this year along with some samples and a frankensoap. Next up is what I think was the 3rd soap I ever bought, TOBs Grapefruit. This soap has held up scent wise over the years, its easily 90% plus left since soon after I bought it my SAD kicked into high gear and it fell by the wayside. Time to go back and see how it compares.

InkedInkedIMG_5833_LI G.jpg

Williams is done. I haven't been shaving every day so soap are lasting longer and MWF took up a big chunk of the year. I did lose one soap, CB ocean grove. Had it for a few years and the scent turned on me, started to smell like dandruff shampoo, not pleasant. I like the soap a lot, had a great time last summer with Glace Herbe so it was sad to toss the better part of 8oz of soap but when the scent goes south it doesn't matter how good the soap is.

Just 3 gone so far this year along with some samples and a frankensoap. Next up is what I think was the 3rd soap I ever bought, TOBs Grapefruit. This soap has held up scent wise over the years, its easily 90% plus left since soon after I bought it my SAD kicked into high gear and it fell by the wayside. Time to go back and see how it compares.

View attachment 1162734

Really like the red X cross outs. Great idea! Congrats on the progress this year.

a good theory and when the dish was full I wondered if that would happen, but, as the soap level went down it revealed that the terra-cotta dish the soap came in is lined with a heavy polyurethane coating so it’s water proof. I’ll post some pics in a bit.

The soap is very well hydrated, so much so that its almost A cream at this point. I haven’t left it to dry out because the performance has been so darn good.

Had a feeling I was wrong. Interesting that they coated the dish. I wonder if the dish would dry it too much or if soap manufacturers want and intend for the soap to hold water. It does seen that many of the hard soaps do benefit from hydration and regular use.

Whatever the case thanks for the info.

Had a feeling I was wrong. Interesting that they coated the dish. I wonder if the dish would dry it too much or if soap manufacturers want and intend for the soap to hold water. It does seen that many of the hard soaps do benefit from hydration and regular use.

Whatever the case thanks for the info.
It won’t be long now. i never did get a ring. gravity Must have been dragging it to the bottom. I’ll post a pic of the empty dish. I’m thinking roughly a week.

Proraso Cypress and vetyver is gone!
P_20201002_045540.jpg
What a good product, slickness and protection is really there. Don't know why so many people are giving Proraso bad prep, apart from post shave feel, which you can fix with a balm, this is money.
I have to try the Blue new formula cream in the future, I have blue pre-shave, so making a matching set make sense.

Now, onto Haslinger Schaffmilch, about 35 g left.

ADP is such a luxury. Are you going to miss it?

There have been times that I've thought ADP was the best shaving cream/soap in the world. Great lather, easy to load, amazing scent.

However, I have grown to like more subtle scents on shaving soaps, and using ADP on a daily basis showed me that the scent may irritate my skin a little bit (maybe that's why they discontinued it and launched an unscented version?). It's nothing huge, not as intense as Cella in the red tub, and fades away shortly after shaving

Anyway, I can't get passed its price point any more. I can get amazing shaves from Tabac, Cella, La Toja at a fraction of the cost. Or even twice as many shaves from a jar of MdC at the same price of ADP.

Bottom line, I thoroughly enjoyed ADP, but I don't think I will miss it.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Proraso Cypress and vetyver is gone!
View attachment 1162906
What a good product, slickness and protection is really there. Don't know why so many people are giving Proraso bad prep, apart from post shave feel, which you can fix with a balm, this is money.
I have to try the Blue new formula cream in the future, I have blue pre-shave, so making a matching set make sense.

Now, onto Haslinger Schaffmilch, about 35 g left.
Is the the Single Blade cream in a normal sized tube rather than the giant bad? Wowsa :001_wub:
If so, where did you pick that up?

About 2 weeks ago I started a puck of PdP63, intending to use it every day until it is gone. Yesterday, however, I realized that it is October already, and that the puck of PdP63 would probably take me all the way through the winter and into spring. I think of the French soaps like PdP as warm-weather soaps, and in this part of the country, there isn't much warm weather left this year. So I decided to set the PdP63 aside in favor of a puck of Tabac. It strikes me as more of a fall and winter soap.

I've had this puck in its milk-glass container for 10 years and have put 103 shaves on it. I bought it on BST and it had been used before I got it. Still, I think it will take me into December. We'll see. In any event, it's past time to finish it off. The PdP63 will still be waiting for me when the Tabac is gone.

A very nice Tabac shave this morning!

About 2 weeks ago I started a puck of PdP63, intending to use it every day until it is gone. Yesterday, however, I realized that it is October already, and that the puck of PdP63 would probably take me all the way through the winter and into spring. I think of the French soaps like PdP as warm-weather soaps, and in this part of the country, there isn't much warm weather left this year. So I decided to set the PdP63 aside in favor of a puck of Tabac. It strikes me as more of a fall and winter soap.

I've had this puck in its milk-glass container for 10 years and have put 103 shaves on it. I bought it on BST and it had been used before I got it. Still, I think it will take me into December. We'll see. In any event, it's past time to finish it off. The PdP63 will still be waiting for me when the Tabac is gone.

A very nice Tabac shave this morning!

Great audible!

Top Bottom