What's new

My Guess... 3017

B59B3450-92DB-409D-9406-52558F509DF5.jpeg

So here’s where I am with Palmolive stick. Probably overestimated how much is left but I do need to redistribute it.
Definitely overestimated the amount of aftershave splash left in the proraso bottle. I killed today after my face and head shave.
It feels good to take another piece out of the den.

Attachments

• 87595E33-3FD5-47A1-BC44-EF6BE218E8EB.jpeg
    87595E33-3FD5-47A1-BC44-EF6BE218E8EB.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Finished off the Stirling sample of lemony orange this morning. I got a little over 2 weeks out of the sample. Stirling is very easy to work with. The sample size is great.

Up next is a brand new puck of Tabac pressed into an old spice mug. Been a while since I've used Tabac. Looking forward to the next few months (including tabactober) of great shaves.

You guys are an inspiring lot! Just 3017’d my first ever soap, a puck of Fine American, and now grinding thru this WCS Pear-Brrr which seems at 20%.

Up next is Wholly Kaw Scentropy, then M&M Kells, which both seem excellent for winter cushion.

While I like the Oleo/WCS collabs, I’d also like to be a team player and forgo product that features palm kernel so prominently. What’s confusing is I’m not sure how to determine if that’s literally spelled out, does that mean it’s not in the ingredients?
image.jpg

Well this is what’s left of my Palmolive stick grated into a bowl. I’m not sure it will get me through the shave tomorrow. I originally planned to next work on a near full tube of Proraso red cream, but I was reading another post about cella brick and decided instead to use a chunk of cella brick soap I purchased earlier this year.

As you can see , it weighs 198 grams In the container. I don’t know what the container weighs but it can be more than 20 grams being just a small plastic container. I’ll weight it when it’s done.

As we are in to the fall, I’m in for a nice two months or so of shaves with a nice fall soap. I’m still going to use my proraso red after shave which I think will compliment it well. I’ll keep everyone posted, not that you all care🤣. It’s just a nice feeling to finally be moving through soaps as opposed to constantly adding soaps and have the hectic day to day struggle of what to use.
Of course since I’m switch to cella, I’m going to back to my omega pro 49. They just seem to make magic together like Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga - or Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence, dealers choice.
E7F7ACEC-FE7A-4C9A-BB72-3A8768918DCF.jpeg

5C737E5B-2DC2-4927-80E3-C95275AA2279.jpeg

You guys are an inspiring lot! Just 3017’d my first ever soap, a puck of Fine American, and now grinding thru this WCS Pear-Brrr which seems at 20%.

Up next is Wholly Kaw Scentropy, then M&M Kells, which both seem excellent for winter cushion.

While I like the Oleo/WCS collabs, I’d also like to be a team player and forgo product that features palm kernel so prominently. What’s confusing is I’m not sure how to determine if that’s literally spelled out, does that mean it’s not in the ingredients?
View attachment 1158267
I’ve been curious about the pear brrr. It strikes me as something that I would like but that almost could be very cloying. Good on you for pushing through.

Pear-Brrr: I'm definitely a fan of both scent and performance (duckfat), and don't consider it cloying at all. While not a weak scent, it's also not overpoweringly sweet, and the slight menthol coolness is perfect for late summer. Hope that helps! (just a scant half year into wetshaving)

Well this is what’s left of my Palmolive stick grated into a bowl. I’m not sure it will get me through the shave tomorrow. I originally planned to next work on a near full tube of Proraso red cream, but I was reading another post about cella brick and decided instead to use a chunk of cella brick soap I purchased earlier this year.

As you can see , it weighs 198 grams In the container. I don’t know what the container weighs but it can be more than 20 grams being just a small plastic container. I’ll weight it when it’s done.

As we are in to the fall, I’m in for a nice two months or so of shaves with a nice fall soap. I’m still going to use my proraso red after shave which I think will compliment it well. I’ll keep everyone posted, not that you all care🤣. It’s just a nice feeling to finally be moving through soaps as opposed to constantly adding soaps and have the hectic day to day struggle of what to use.
Of course since I’m switch to cella, I’m going to back to my omega pro 49. They just seem to make magic together like Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga - or Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence, dealers choice.
View attachment 1158269

Like you I always pick up a boar when using an Italian soft soap. It just seems right.

Well the Palmolive shave stick bit it today. I only had enough for a three pass face shave and just decided to skip the head shave today. I killed it with my Semogue 610. That thing is like a piranha. Small but eats viciously.
It was a superb shave with my Feather Popular and Astra SP on its fourth shave.
I’m not sad about finishing the Palmolive because I have six more sticks in reserve in addition to:

The aforementioned ~170 grams of Cella
Fine American Blend cream
Proraso Red cream
2 tubes of Barbon shave cream
4 sticks of La toja
1 stick of speick
A 100 grams of vitos super
A new tub of B&M Terror
A puck of long rifle bay rum
A tub of long rifle Hibernius
A huge container of RR Blue Fougere (250-300 gms)
A tub of CRSW Glide
A tub of CRSW select barbershop
A tub of PAA barbasol dupe
A handful of samples.
Probably others I'm forgetting.
Yikes.
Well, I guess my new motto is going to be..
Life is short, load hard.
12975786-047D-41B1-9B0A-2A2E517F0E31.jpeg

Last edited:
Somewhere along the line I fell into the habit of using Proraso Green a/s as my go to splash during warm summer months. It’s late September and about time to switch to other after shaves , so I was placing the Proraso near the back of the shelf after this mornings shave when it hit me that the bottle is still half full.....after three years of use. I guess that’s why we dont have a 3017 thread dedicated to aftershaves. :blink:

Somewhere along the line I fell into the habit of using Proraso Green a/s as my go to splash during warm summer months. It’s late September and about time to switch to other after shaves , so I was placing the Proraso near the back of the shelf after this mornings shave when it hit me that the bottle is still half full.....after three years of use. I guess that’s why we dont have a 3017 thread dedicated to aftershaves. :blink:

I've had this thought a few times myself. I have a A/S collection that rivels my soaps. I'm 41 and can say it's a real possibility it could outlast me. It's no wonder there's so much Avon aftershave still floating around.

Well the Palmolive shave stick bit it today. I only had enough for a three pass face shave and just decided to skip the head shave today. I killed it with my Semogue 610. That thing is like a piranha. Small but eats viciously.
It was a superb shave with my Feather Popular and Astra SP on its fourth shave.
I’m not sad about finishing the Palmolive because I have six more sticks in reserve in addition to:

The aforementioned ~170 grams of Cella
Fine American Blend cream
Proraso Red cream
2 tubes of Barbon shave cream
4 sticks of La toja
1 stick of speick
A 100 grams of vitos super
A new tub of B&M Terror
A puck of long rifle bay rum
A tub of long rifle Hibernius
A huge container of RR Blue Fougere (250-300 gms)
A tub of CRSW Glide
A tub of CRSW select barbershop
A tub of PAA barbasol dupe
A handful of samples.
Probably others I'm forgetting.
Yikes.
Well, I guess my new motto is going to be..
Life is short, load hard.
View attachment 1158465

Congrats on killing the Palmolive stick. Lots of good shaves in front of you with that inventory.

Actually there is the Aftershave 3017 challenge. As you might guess it doesn't get new posts every day.

I think there is a matter transmitter in the bottom of my soap container -- I seem to have been shaving forever on that chuck of left over sandalwood soap on top of the lilac/wisteria scented one. Never seems to get any smaller, and I've been using it since February.....

Did make a little progress on my stick of Arko, shaving with it every day in August. Three years of Arko in August and I'm not quite half way through it.

View attachment 1158269
View attachment 1158270

The Omega 49 is such a workhorse and completely underrated.

It's one reason why I am SO happy that I never got into frags and AS. It takes forever to kill those bottles. You buy a 100 ml bottle and say to yourself, 'no problem, I'll just use 1 ml per day and be done in a few months.' The problem is that 1 milliliter is a metric crapton of product and you soon find out that if you put that much on your face at once, you'll be toweling off.

8-10 years ago I bought a 400 ml bottle of Floïd Blue at the height of its popularity, and didn't really start to use it in earnest until about 2 years ago. Barbershop fragrance or not, it's really a warm weather product for me, and here I am 2 years later, using it 7 months out of the year and I still have half the bottle in front of me. Then I switch over to Lucky Tiger for the colder months, and you can't use too much of that without sealing off your face for a week. So I'm probably looking at another 2 winters of that as well.

Thank God I have a back up bottle of Booster Polar Ice. :001_rolle

It's one reason why I am SO happy that I never got into frags and AS. It takes forever to kill those bottles. You buy a 100 ml bottle and say to yourself, 'no problem, I'll just use 1 ml per day and be done in a few months.' The problem is that 1 milliliter is a metric crapton of product and you soon find out that if you put that much on your face at once, you'll be toweling off.

8-10 years ago I bought a 400 ml bottle of Floïd Blue at the height of its popularity, and didn't really start to use it in earnest until about 2 years ago. Barbershop fragrance or not, it's really a warm weather product for me, and here I am 2 years later, using it 7 months out of the year and I still have half the bottle in front of me. Then I switch over to Lucky Tiger for the colder months, and you can't use too much of that without sealing off your face for a week. So I'm probably looking at another 2 winters of that as well.

Thank God I have a back up bottle of Booster Polar Ice. :001_rolle

A small drug store near me carries Booster. Every time I walk in there I give Polar Ice a look over. Great smell. Great price. If I ever kill Proraso it’s what a I’ll replace it with but I really really don’t want a stash of AS so I keep fighting off the urge.

The Omega 49 is such a workhorse and completely underrated.

Had the first shave with the Cella and the 49 this morning. Great lather, and great shave.

As I now work on that bottle of Proraso Red, they pair well together. It also helps that I like the Proraso Red AS better than the green that I just killed.

On deck for aftershaves I have a bottle of Aqua Velva Classic. In the hole I have a bottle of Krampert's Finest Bay Rum, and then finally a bottle of Nivea Sensitive Cooling balm. In all honesty, I could be happy with the Nivea forever. It's a great balm, inexpensive, and has a fragrance that is pleasing, light and doesn't interfere with anything. The problem is, it will be at least a year and a half before I get to it:biggrin1:

Top Bottom