What's new

My first restoration...

I won this Ever-Ready brush on eBabe along with a puck of Williams and an Ever-Ready SE razor all for the princely sum of $16.

Thanks to all of you who contributed to the restoration posts and for pointing me in the direction of TGN.

It's not perfect, but I am really going to enjoy using this boar bristle brush that I restored with my own two hands, a little patience and a lot of cleaning and polishing. I have attached some before and after photos.

Attachments

• $brush1.jpg
    $brush1.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 255
  • $brush2.jpg
    $brush2.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 254
  • $brush3.jpg
    $brush3.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 255
Excellent work! Did it just need a little clean up, or did you get more involved with the polishing?

After the initial clean & scrub with a toothbrush and dish washing liquid, I used some very fine 800 and then 1200 wet/dry paper to remove some nicks and blemishes (being careful not to delete the lettering). Next, I used Mother's Plastic Polish (available at your local auto supply) and hand polished. I did some final polishing using a buffing wheel on my bench grinder and then a final hand polish using the Mother's. The knot was purchased from The Golden Nib and in my opinion is nearly identical to the original. The knot was set in place using marine epoxy which has a curing time of 72 hours. I am going to take this brush on its trial run Saturday morning.

Thank you all for the positive comments.

Last edited:
After the initial clean & scrub with a toothbrush and dish washing liquid, I used some very fine 800 and then 1200 wet/dry paper to remove some nicks and blemishes (being careful not to delete the lettering). Next, I used Mother's Plastic Polish (available at your local auto supply) and hand polished. I did some final polishing using a buffing wheel on my bench grinder and then a final hand polish using the Mother's. The knot was purchased from The Golden Nib and in my opinion is nearly identical to the original. The knot was set in place using marine epoxy which has a curing time of 72 hours. I am going to take this brush on its trial run Saturday morning.

Thank you all for the positive comments.

Well done and thanks for sharing. Let us know how it performs.

Well done and thanks for sharing. Let us know how it performs.

I used it for the first time this morning with TOBS Sandalwood Cream and it performed wonderfully. The bristles are quite soft and it has good backbone. It will now take its place in my rotation. I am going to try it tomorrow with the "Fat", and see how it performs with soap.

Top Bottom