What's new

My Fatip, Joris, Schone, Collection and Journey 2018 and Beyond.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I seem to be the anomaly round here :p

5c3d5de5b7060409838b7758721fa206.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Grande
Blade: Astra sp (5)
Brush: Omega S10065
Soap: Wickham 1912 Cashmere
Aftershave: Proraso Green (Splash)
018_35.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Eat your hearts out, gentlemen, as these are handmade and available in one place (I believe).

KittenRxShirt.Kittens.649.4-19.JPG

From my wife's recent trip to NYC. I think she bought it in the Chelsea Market.

KittensRxShirt2.640.JPG

Yes, it's the front of my new tee shirt, which I earned by staying home.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Eat your hearts out, gentlemen, as these are handmade and available in one place (I believe).

View attachment 971638

View attachment 971639

Happy shaves,

Jim
It's supposed to read:
My wife went to NYC and all I got was this stupid T-shirt.
And nothing from Pasteur's!​

Unless she did get you something from there. :p

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
It's supposed to read:
My wife went to NYC and all I got was this stupid T-shirt.
And nothing from Pasteur's!​

Unless she did get you something from there. :p

She doesn't know about Pasteur's. If she were to go there she'd find out how much all this stuff actually costs... that might not be so great. Also, she's been asked to buy me no more soaps; the ones she got me were thoughtful and helpful to some artisan maker's bottom line, but weren't good soaps at all.

It would actually be worse because she has the amazing talent of being able to walk into any store anywhere and go straight to the most expensive item sold there.

I just tell her what to buy (on line) if she asks me what I want on a specific occasion.

A couple of a nice tee shirts from New York suits me fine.

She actually left for her flight to BWI sick with stomach pains. Drove to New York the next day with her siblings, still sick. Was sick most of the time, but not the last day, in New York. At least she got to the two lacrosse games and the Chelsea Market. I was concerned about her, and very happy when she finally began recovering. She came home fully okay.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:
She doesn't know about Pasteur's. If she were to go there she'd find out how much all this stuff actually costs... that might not be so great. Also, she's been asked to buy me no more soaps; the ones she got me were thoughtful and helpful to some artisan maker's bottom line, but weren't good soaps at all.

It would actually be worse because she has the amazing talent of being able to walk into any store anywhere and go straight to the most expensive item sold there.

I just tell her what to buy (on line) if she asks me what I want on a specific occasion.

A couple of a nice tee shirts from New York suits me fine.

She actually left for her flight to BWI sick with stomach pains. Drove to New York the next day with her siblings, still sick. Was sick most of the time, but not the last day, in New York. At least she got to the two lacrosse games and the Chelsea Market. I was concerned about her, and very happy when she finally began recovering. She came home fully okay.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Sorry she had such a horrible beginning of the trip. Glad she enjoyed so of it at least.

Raven Koenes

My precious!

View attachment 971638

View attachment 971639

Happy shaves,

Jim
Okay, I'm officially jealous. That was very nice of her to pick that shirt up for you, but I'm sure you did earn it holding down the Fort lol!

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Astra sp (6)
Brush: Razorock Bruce
Soap: Arko
Aftershave: Osage Rub
016_40.jpg

Ah, I was reminded today that there is nothing quite like the smell of Arko in the morning. It really is a fine little soap for gentlemen with refined taste. My Astra blade has smoothed out quite nicely, and Osage Rub really hits the spot with its post shave menthol kick. Over all my shave was graceful, formal, classy, and elegant.
giphy (21).gif

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Blade: Astra sp (6)
Brush: Razorock Bruce
View attachment 972541
Ah, I was reminded today that there is nothing quite like the smell of Arko in the morning. It really is a fine little soap for gentlemen with refined taste. My Astra blade has smoothed out quite nicely, and Osage Rub really hits the spot with its post shave menthol kick. Over all my shave was graceful, formal, classy, and elegant.
View attachment 972546

Very interesting use of the washcloth there, Rave.

I agree that Arko is pretty good soap. Great soap for the price. I'm not wild about its scent, but it's not a bad scent. I would be happy enough if it were all I had.

4-15-19.Kukri.Mallard.jade.640.JPG

Well, not happy in a Grooming Dept way, but happy. You should consider this duck base sometime, Rave. I know you'd love it. The gorilla would probably start shaving if he had Grooming Dept soap.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Ah, I was reminded today that there is nothing quite like the smell of Arko in the morning. It really is a fine little soap for gentlemen with refined taste.
I agree that Arko is pretty good soap. Great soap for the price. I'm not wild about its scent, but it's not a bad scent. I would be happy enough if it were all I had.
:001_rolle What strange things noses are.

I vividly remember opening my first (and only) Arko stick. I could not believe the urinal puck (complete with urine) stench! After finding an airtight container to seal it and its stench into, I decided to be brave and have at least one shave with it. December 21, 2016 was experiment day. I braved the stench and shaved. My notes tell me "Not a bad shave but just a tad dry compared to my favorite Proraso Red." Being unable to bear the smell, that's the only Arko shave I've had.

Out of curiosity I've just visited my PIF box and opened the screw up container I purchased for it. After nearly 2½ years the "scent" has diminished somewhat. Back here at my keyboard I am still smelling it though, and am feeling a little bit sick. Whatever, YMMV rules! :crazy:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
:001_rolle What strange things noses are.

I vividly remember opening my first (and only) Arko stick. I could not believe the urinal puck (complete with urine) stench! After finding an airtight container to seal it and its stench into, I decided to be brave and have at least one shave with it. December 21, 2016 was experiment day. I braved the stench and shaved. My notes tell me "Not a bad shave but just a tad dry compared to my favorite Proraso Red." Being unable to bear the smell, that's the only Arko shave I've had.

Out of curiosity I've just visited my PIF box and opened the screw up container I purchased for it. After nearly 2½ years the "scent" has diminished somewhat. Back here at my keyboard I am still smelling it though, and am feeling a little bit sick. Whatever, YMMV rules! :crazy:
I, for one, was being tongue in cheek. :001_tongu I was a bit surprised at Jim liking it as he doesn't get on with Tabac. The scent is as you describe, except I don't get the urine smell. That's what Pinaud Lilac Vegetal is for. I hear Arko and the Veg is a smashing combination. I really don't mind the scent of Arko. It must be an acquired taste. :laugh:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Astra sp (7)
Brush: APShaveco Silksmoke
014_40.jpg

I had a very nice shave and am enjoying life. At some point I'm going to have to try Arko with a Pinaud Lilac Vegetal chaser. For now I'm really enjoying the Osage Rub freeze!

Top Bottom