What's new

My Early Impressions of B&B

Could it be that a person's opinion (agreeable or not) is far more valuable here than elsewhere on the 'net? The only way to properly cultivate ideas, philosophy and opinion is to be civial to all those who partake.

_C_ said:
Could it be that a person's opinion (agreeable or not) is far more valuable here than elsewhere on the 'net? The only way to properly cultivate ideas, philosophy and opinion is to be civial to all those who partake.
That could be a part of it, but sometimes it seems that some people are just looking for an excuse to be nasty and disagreeable.

I definately agree with your last sentence.

Perhaps the people who are attracted to this board are simply in a different class of people?

Sorry, that sounded very classist and snobbish didn't it? I hope you get what I meant.

I'm usually kind of a disagreeable p&!ck. But somehow being in the company of you fine gentlemen turns me into an agreeable softy.. (Please don't tell my wife!):eek:

J_P_K said:
I'm usually kind of a disagreeable p&!ck. But somehow being in the company of you fine gentlemen turns me into an agreeable softy.. (Please don't tell my wife!):eek:

:lol::lol::lol:

btw - I agree with the sentiments in this thread, I love this place!:001_tt1:

..... i dont know, have you seen some of the lather on your face vs lather in a bowl threads?...:biggrin:

seriously though this form is some what of an oddity today. these ladies and gentlemen are a cut above. and no i dont think it is wrong to think one man above another not all people are equal. in my job i have seen both the scum of the earth and men so great i am shamed to not be more like them. i think a big problem today is many people have no sense of duty to others. people only want to know whats in it form them. take somthing as simple as signing on this site and helping someone learn to shave, sure it is small and silly compared to the troubles in the world but it is still people helping each other with no thought of reward. people tend to show their charcter through the small things they do. i think the kind of person who acts that way twords a small thing like shaving probably has a similar view on life and what makes a man a man. the kind of person who feels the strong have an obligation to the weak and the greatest goal is to leave the world a little better than you found it.

as always just IMHO
matthew

Because it is SO much different here than what you find on other boards I think that we all take pride in the atmosphere here and work hard to maintain it.:thumbup1:

I know I certainly appreciate what I see here in the way that we all treat one another (it certainly beats the heck out of the 'STFU N00B' stuff I've seen on so many other boards).

It seems that certain folks treat the anonymity offered by the 'net as an excuse to act in a way that they would never act when face to face with a person.

Best Regards,

Top Bottom