What's new

My Duke 3 needs a companion.

For the past nearly two years I've been shaving with a Duke 3. I love everything about it, except for an ongoing shedding problem, but I'm feeling a need to buy a second quality brush to rotate with it. I want something that's comfortable for face lathering (i.e. soft tips) but that has plenty of backbone for loading and lathering soaps. I've had my eye on a Rooney Heritage for a while, but I'm not entirely convinced that's what I want. Should I look more at 2-band Thaters, another Simpson, perhaps an M&F Blonde badger, or something else entirely? Anyone have any suggestions?

I used my Rooney Heritage 3xl stubby today. Came to the conclusion that all the rest of my brushes could go into the trash.

I will feel differently tomorrow when I use a different brush :lol:

proxy.php

Your first thought was spot on. The Heritage Stubby 1XL is amazing! One of the best brushes that i have ever used for face-lathering; you won't regret it and you will eventually sell your Duke, in my opinion.

Just received a Rooney Stubby 1XL today is it a "WOW" brush for sure. It will be hard now to get brushes that compare to the feel of my Rooney.

I would look at 2 bands, but that's what I prefer. Here are my recommendations:
Thater 4125/1 in 2-band
Rooney 2XL
Duke 3 in 2-band

The Rooney Heritage Stubby 1XL was my second brush and I used it exclusively for a few months straight. I have bought 8 brushes since and none of them compare to the density of my Rooney. The tips are very soft as well. Needless to say.... great backbone. It is so great that it has me thinking that the only thing better could be a 2XL..... hmmm.....

Ben

Top Bottom