What's new

My "collection" so far

So I literally am only on DE shave #2, but I'd thought I'd share my collection so far:

proxy.php

From left to right: Lady Gillette, 1959 fat boy, 1961 slim adjustable, 1965 TTO super speed flair, 1955 travel tech.

The lady gillette came as part of a package buy and the 1965 flair was bought since it's my birth year.

Those are dog hairs you see on the porcelain. We have three large dogs and yes; it drives me nuts!

That's a simple badger brush at the top (was a PIF from a fellow BNB member) and I'm currently using derby blades and Spieck cream.

Still on the way is a horse hair brush, 2 more badgers and a "vintage badger". Also have Astra blades and a copper bowl from turkey on the way. Couple alum blocks as well.

Plan once it all gets here) is to make a corner stand to hold the daily used item out of some reclaimed oak I have out in the garage. I have a little reclaimed marble that I will probably also work into the stand. Will be able to hold at least two brushes in order to give each brush a 2 day drying cycle.

I also plan to make up a travel kit, again using the reclaimed oak. It will be reasonably large as it will also contain other grooming essentials like hair/clothes brushes, toothbrush, paste, etc...

That's the plan.

Well, at least that's plan #1. We all know very few plans survive first contact with the enemy.......:biggrin1:

Last edited:
A month ago I had 2 razors, one brush and 2 soaps, however now it's like this...View attachment 691818
I am waiting on 2 more soaps, an Alumigoose. A Muhle R41 and 2 made to order handles .. I have had to sign up to the gentlemanly restraint until Christmas [emoji37][emoji38][emoji23]

Before I joined B&B I used three razors for more than 50 years: a FB, Slim, and Tech. A few years before joining I gave the Tech to my oldest son and used the FB and Slim. As far as brushes were concerned, I had two identical Caswell-Massey badger and boar combo brushes and a Hoffrtiz badger.

Now this is what I have:View attachment 691825

Before I joined B&B I used three razors for more than 50 years: a FB, Slim, and Tech. A few years before joining I gave the Tech to my oldest son and used the FB and Slim. As far as brushes were concerned, I had two identical Caswell-Massey badger and boar combo brushes and a Hoffrtiz badger.

Now this is what I have:View attachment 691825

Omg [emoji44] that Is awesome!!

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Great collection! For the vast majority of my DE shaves I use either a Slim or a Flair Tip Super Speed. Those are all great razors to have and all of them should give you a great shave. Well done! :thumbup:

You boys are impressive! I've been at this for more than two years, and am feeling the shame. I've got all y'all beat on aftershaves, though, I'm certain. Prove me wrong!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Buckle up for the ride, man. It won't be long until you're REALLY deep into it.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

And I'm still pretty much just getting warmed up when compared to some around here.

So I literally am only on DE shave #2, but I'd thought I'd share my collection so far:

proxy.php

From left to right: Lady Gillette, 1959 fat boy, 1961 slim adjustable, 1965 TTO super speed flair, 1955 travel tech.

The lady gillette came as part of a package buy and the 1965 flair was bought since it's my birth year.

Those are dog hairs you see on the porcelain. We have three large dogs and yes; it drives me nuts!

That's a simple badger brush at the top (was a PIF from a fellow BNB member) and I'm currently using derby blades and Spieck cream.

Still on the way is a horse hair brush, 2 more badgers and a "vintage badger". Also have Astra blades and a copper bowl from turkey on the way. Couple alum blocks as well.

Plan once it all gets here) is to make a corner stand to hold the daily used item out of some reclaimed oak I have out in the garage. I have a little reclaimed marble that I will probably also work into the stand. Will be able to hold at least two brushes in order to give each brush a 2 day drying cycle.

I also plan to make up a travel kit, again using the reclaimed oak. It will be reasonably large as it will also contain other grooming essentials like hair/clothes brushes, toothbrush, paste, etc...

That's the plan.

Well, at least that's plan #1. We all know very few plans survive first contact with the enemy.......:biggrin1:

Awesome start! It's funny how quick the AD kicks in.

I had to buy a cabinet to hold stuff now as the shelf & window ledge in the bathroom wasn't cutting it. This made the wife realize all. I had accumulated. I tried to say it wasn't much especially compared to others but she wasn't biting. Asked me to stop buying in July. I've bought twice since then, she was less than impressed.

Anyways, can't wait to see how the den looks in a year.

So I literally am only on DE shave #2, but I'd thought I'd share my collection so far:From left to right: Lady Gillette, 1959 fat boy, 1961 slim adjustable, 1965 TTO super speed flair, 1955 travel tech.

Very cool. I didn't know Gillette made Travel Techs in the 50's. I thought it was just a 60's thing.

Collect away. Through the decades nearly every man owned at least one of these razors. So there's plenty to go around for the relatively small group of knuckleheads on shaving forums to gather a small storage lot worth of shaving gear.:thumbup:

Buckle up for the ride, man. It won't be long until you're REALLY deep into it.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

And I'm still pretty much just getting warmed up when compared to some around here.

Thanks for posting this, Doak. I showed it to my wife and she commented as follows:

• "Don't get any ideas."
  • "I bet he is a bachelor."
  • "You B&Bers are all crazy."

:laugh:

A month ago I had 2 razors, one brush and 2 soaps, however now it's like this...View attachment 691818
I am waiting on 2 more soaps, an Alumigoose. A Muhle R41 and 2 made to order handles .. I have had to sign up to the gentlemanly restraint until Christmas [emoji37][emoji38][emoji23]

The fatboy doesnt fit in the slot, does it :laugh: I have the same problem....lol
Since your case is wood, you should take a round file to one of the slots :a33:

Top Bottom