What's new

mug warmer, keeping a cup of coffee hot..

linty1

My wallet cries.
Just wondering how do you guys keep your coffee hot while you do things? I know, the correct answer here is "life moves too quick, sit down and enjoy your coffee", as a school teacher, that can be difficult during the day. I have tried the little mug warmer hot plates (the mr. coffee one isn't hot enough, the one from RadioShack is alright?) I splurged on "Ember" mug, and while its great, I'm limited to that particular mug. What else? Thermos' tend to get drippy around the threads and I gotta carry a big thingy (although I love my zojirushi travel mug), my contigo mug.. is ok, but I don't like the spout (you can't see the liquid coming out until the hot coffee hits your lips...ouch! I know, I know, first world problems). How do -you- do it?

Pour boiling water into a travel mug. A minute later pour out and pour coffee in. I prefer the ones with the slot in the plastic push on lids, though ones with the push button to open keep them warm longer.

A stinger(immersion heater) might work for you to re-heat the coffee, but they can be a pain and require cleaning.

You need a Yeti Rambler 10 oz. It is the size of a large coffee mug, comes with a lid and will keep whatever is in it cold or hot for hours.

I use a glass lined Japanese thermal carafe.

I have gone back 6 hours after filling it and the coffee is stil in the drinkable range (135° +/-)

Pre heat everything before filling (carafe, milk, flavorings before adding coffee).
2_1-85_liter.jpeg

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
As the dental floss tycoon said Yeti. Buba Hero Elite is pretty good too. My wife is disabled. It saves on helping her reheat her coffee several times before noon. If I give her some pop in the Yeti Rambler at 8PM there will still be ice in it the next morning. Coffee stays piping hot for at least two hours. I'll actually pour coffee from my Yeti into a mug when I get to the office to let it cool down a bit.

Top Bottom