What's new

Mühle R89/41

Have been in the game for A handful of years, but seriously the last two or so. My girlfriend got me the R89 for my birthday last year and it was a nice upgrade.
This year I treated myself for the r41 I’ve wanted for awhile now.

Man, I thought I was getting good at BBS with the 89. I’m now able to get some areas around the chin closer than ever before. I think I had to adjust the angle a little bit, and I’m getting used to using even less pressure, but I’m glad I made the jump.

And a love the rose gold handles too.

B0A684C0-C478-4A6C-8310-7D1280F6285E.jpeg

Nice looking razors. Yes, the R41 will certainly clear the hairs. I splurged for the R41GS and use it on the occasion where I haven't shave in a couple of days and it leaves my face smooth as glass. It's a bit too much razor for me to use daily, but I do like it for multiple days growth. Thanks for sharing.....love the rose gold handles.

Ive
Nice looking razors. Yes, the R41 will certainly clear the hairs. I splurged for the R41GS and use it on the occasion where I haven't shave in a couple of days and it leaves my face smooth as glass. It's a bit too much razor for me to use daily, but I do like it for multiple days growth. Thanks for sharing.....love the rose gold handles.
I’ve only got a chance to use it twice so far, not sure if it’ll be my daily driver or if it’ll be for an extra treat.

There are a lot of really good blades that sharpen up A LOT on the second shave so I only use new blades in my aggressive razor, unless I am using a Super-Max. I then move the blade to the milder razor for one or two shaves. I usually bin them after 3, but some can be moved back to the aggressive razor if they feel like they are just beginning to lose sharpness. Surprisingly, Gillette Blacks(Indian) are quit tame on the first shave, but Nacets aren't, for me.

Very nice - Love the Rose Gold

I use my Mühle R89 as my daily, reverting to the R41 or ATT Windsor Pro (SB90) for Monday's.
I take some bite off of the latter using Astra SPs or Personna Platinums; incredible shaves...

The R89 cap is narrower than the R41 cap and exposes more blade.
That gets you closer to the 2011 version - not quite there, but not far off.

JMHO here - The differences between the 2011 and 2013 are huge, so much so that they are totally different razors.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Kudos and congratulations. If you should get tired of rose gold, you know what you could treat yourself next. Mühle uses the very common 5mm thread handle format.

The R89 cap is narrower than the R41 cap and exposes more blade.
That gets you closer to the 2011 version - not quite there, but not far off.

JMHO here - The differences between the 2011 and 2013 are huge, so much so that they are totally different razors.

I did notice the head on the 41 is a bit bigger, wasn't sure why.

You already have both heads, so you have absolutely nothing to lose by trying it out.
(Let us know what you find)

Task complete.
I thought the 41 was aggressive enough compared the the 89, but that takes it to a whole other level.
I did my first pass(from sky to floor) as normal. It was a really nice shave.

I switched back to stock r41 at this point.
Normally my next two passes are xtg and atg. I barely needed the second pass. Just some touch up spots in the common areas that usually need it.
I really think this has been my best shave yet in my whole career.

So thanks for the tip.

@ChriWilson - You have both heads, so nothing to lose and something possibly to gain by trying it out.

@esky15 - Very happy to hear that it worked out for you. :001_smile
Possibly tomorrow.
My M-F shaves occur during windows of opportunity so to speak.

I can get on with a shave routine during the weekends.
I'll post back with results, as I'm actually curious given I prefer a steep angle.

Top Bottom