What's new

Morris & Forndran Group Buy Discussion Thread

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
The bloom looked great, I m am sure the second set of pictures were post bloom. Can't say enough about Ken's work on this.

The first photo was as delivered. The rest were post-bloom. I received two bulb-shaped prototypes. The first has loft of about 51mm. The second (in the photos) is 49mm. Understand those were both one-off brushes. There will undoubtedly be some variance, and it absolutely will not work in the context of this group buy to make specific requests. Lee will target an average of approximately 50mm, as described. The reason the second (final) prototype had slightly less loft is that Lee wanted to sink the knot in the handle a tad more than he had in the first one. He was still dialing in at that point.

Sent in my order as soon as I saw it as well. Fingers crossed. Love everything about this brush - the material, the knot and the hybrid M7/Emperor shape. Hats off to Ken!

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Thanks.

Here's a bit of advice. I took a set of photos of the brush, both before and after use, on the day it arrived. It was raining, so I all the shots were taken indoors, with the resulting reflections you can see in the pre-bloom photo.
The next day was sunny and windy. I set up to take some shots outside, and while I was adjusting focus, a gust hit the paper and knocked the brush off onto a concrete patio. No major damage, but no longer pristine. (I think it will polish out, though)

Don't do that with this brush.

Ages ago, or so it seems, when the interest thread was still relatively new I remember loving the handle design and thinking the knot specs sounded great. I was only worried that the handle might be some non-traditional style. As soon as I heard it would be traditional I knew I wanted one. I kind of assumed it would be ivory or maybe black. But I"ve always wanted a tortoise shell brush and even remember remarking in the M&F thread how nice one looked that someone had posted a picture of. All I can say is just an incredible job on the design Ken.

And of course thanks for the enormous amount of work that I know must have gone into this.

Design looks great! Description of the hair density/softness/backbone/etc sounds perfect for what I want...and a tortoise shell handle? Awesome!

Lee and I discussed that, and my understanding is yes. I'll confirm when I can. He mentioned the red ones.

In my experience he usually ships in just an envelope with some bubble-wrap around the brush. The first time one came that way I thought "oh no." But they've all been OK, and it's cheaper that way. This will push the cost up a bit with delivery confirmation and insurance. I put my prototype in a box and stacked it with packing materials inside a larger box; it came out to 187 grams.

Good question.

Sounds great - it is not a big deal to me at all. I like having the boxes but they end up just being another item for me to store in the den.

It does make for a nice presentation though if say I were to hand the brush down some day

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
I've received a few invoice requests via email. Please check and make sure you sent your request by PM. Please don't, however, resubmit a request by PM if you've already sent one previously.

PMs work much better as 1) I can associate B&B usernames with requests, 2) I don't have to track information across platforms, and 3) I can downoad PMs directly into an Excel spreadsheet, which is a huge convenience. Email is fine for other stuff, but for the ordering process please stick with PMs in accordance with the instructions.

Thanks.

I sent a PM before work this morning. Also hoping I made it in time.

Ken, can you tell us what the handle material is called? It sure looks like a faux tortoise but I just wanted to check.

I'll be surprised if this is not one of the fastest sell out of a group buy in B&B history. Sent a PM and hope to get in but if not those who did are in for a real treat.

I've received a few invoice requests via email. Please check and make sure you sent your request by PM. Please don't, however, resubmit a request by PM if you've already sent one previously.

PMs work much better as 1) I can associate B&B usernames with requests, 2) I don't have to track information across platforms, and 3) I can downoad PMs directly into an Excel spreadsheet, which is a huge convenience. Email is fine for other stuff, but for the ordering process please stick with PMs in accordance with the instructions.

Thanks.

Have the 100 brushes all been claimed yet?

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Have the 100 brushes all been claimed yet?

Please be patient. You've done all you can do for now. I'll post updates when it's ripe to do so. I am presently sorting stuff. I have double PMs, mis-labeled PMs, emails instead of PMs, PMs that say no-thanks, etc. It's all good, but takes a little time.

Thanks

Last edited:

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
I think I am one of those who double pm'd. Me not mart...... Sorry Ken..........

No worries. A few did because the caught an address mistake. That's a lot smarter than having a brush shipped to someone else.

It's truly all good. Just not instantaneous. :biggrin1:

Top Bottom