What's new

More Omega Silvertips

No one fell for this one? seems pretty nice!

proxy.php

Okay, so my new Omega shaving brushes finally arrived! Thanks to Dinder1 or the 411 on where to get these beauties! Like several others, I ordered the Model 6215 (variegated grey & green handle) & Model 599 (The Sunshine Brush). Hopefully, I;m not re-duplicating too much for everyone...

The packaging/presentation by Omega is very good, IMO.

Here are some comparison photos with some of my other brushes (selected for similar size, and/or relatively high familiarity among the forumites): Omega 6215, Shavemac 436, Savile Row 3824, Crabtree & Evelyn by Edwin Jagger, Omega 599, Wilkinson Sword.

A couple of "in the hand" shots...

Here's the specs on the Omegas:

Omega 599
---------
Hair Quality = Best Badger
Knot size = 19mm
Overall Height = 73mm
Handle Height = 28mm
Loft Height = 45mm

Omega 6215
----------
Hair Quality = Silvertip
Knot size = 25mm
Overall Height = 115mm
Handle Height = 54mm
Loft Height = 61mm

Omega 599 intial impressions. Yep -- pretty small. But, it does indeed feel usable, as Goosemeplease pointed out. The hair feels very springy and solid from about midway down the loft to the base. I think this will make an awesome little brush!

Omega 6215 intial impressions. Yeah, now this is nice! It's bigger than I expected too. The hair tips are very soft -- softer than the SR 3824 (which has had several latherings) -- more like my SMF II. Though the tips are very soft/flexible, the density of the knot appears to keep it firm. This should make a nice, luxurious-feeling brush.

Now, on to the "Elegant" & "Peachy!"

Good Grief.. Thanks Alot! Now I had to go and order one (the 6215)... :mad: Gotta say for $52 if it's even half as nice as it looks it'll be a steal!

Lovely looking brushes.
These omega brushes are really excellent quality and for the price, you cant go wrong. I recently purchased one for my dad and i dont think he has lost any hair on the brush.
Great product.:thumbup:

I am particularly looking forward to even more reviews of that little brush. It looks like a great candidate for a travel brush.

Thanks,

John and Pokkuhlag,

Well done, guys!

Curious to see if your brushes come ready for the Ritz with a bowtie:

full

Cheers,
Richard

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom