What's new

More new Czech Platinum blades (Tatra Platinum)

Tatra and Tiger blades are the same.I shaved with both.Also I read a description of the blades I believe from a Czech barber supply that stated they were made in the same facility and were the same blade.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Tatra and Tiger blades are the same.I shaved with both.Also I read a description of the blades I believe from a Czech barber supply that stated they were made in the same facility and were the same blade.

So you think it's just marketing then - basically the same blade?

since you're already started, why not test the blade until it gives up, then we can have a really in depth look at the quality ?
Hi Mal,I really like your comments.I tried the Tatra blade and its very good...it is like the Derby USTA blade thin and sharper and smoother than a Astra SP.Im on my 3rd shave and its slicing just fine.I also recently tried the Vi-John Platinum and Ss blades and they were both good the Platinum just a little bit sharper and smoother than the SS.Your suggestion on the Indian creams was also spot on too.Thanks

Hi Mal,I really like your comments.I tried the Tatra blade and its very good...it is like the Derby USTA blade thin and sharper and smoother than a Astra SP.Im on my 3rd shave and its slicing just fine.I also recently tried the Vi-John Platinum and Ss blades and they were both good the Platinum just a little bit sharper and smoother than the SS.Your suggestion on the Indian creams was also spot on too.Thanks

great news !...thanks for the reviews !

Promising blades, I believe Astra were manufactured originally in Czech Republic before Gillette bought it.
i would like to know how they compare to my standard of sharpness BIC ?

Rigel, have yours arrived or are you still.......

proxy.php
Once Upon a Time in the West is a great movie!

I thought I gave my two letter review somewhere in here? It was....
Ok.

I thought that they were good. Just seemed thin or something to me. Im not as enthusiastic about em as others but they work well. I’d put em just under Rapira Lux.

I thought I gave my two letter review somewhere in here? It was....
Ok.

I thought that they were good. Just seemed thin or something to me. Im not as enthusiastic about em as others but they work well. I’d put em just under Rapira Lux.
Duller than Rapira Lux? 🙁

I’ve always wanted to try any carbon blade but I’ve never purchased any. I’ve never heard anything good about carbon blades.
As someone who has attempted to use quite a few vintage ones over the years. I have yet to finish a full pass with one some only 1 stroke and out it came. They're just not worth it. Some modern ones aren't bad like Treet but I can only get 2 shaves out of it.

I could do a side by side comparison now that I think about it. I have two WCS lithe heads and two Yaqi handles. This could become a hobby of my hobby. Testing blades against each other. I have thousands of blades...

Blade V Blade DEATH MATCH!!!!!

As someone who has attempted to use quite a few vintage ones over the years. I have yet to finish a full pass with one some only 1 stroke and out it came. They're just not worth it. Some modern ones aren't bad like Treet but I can only get 2 shaves out of it.
I've got several vintage blades that I've been tempted to try. I wonder if stropping them in a TwinPlex might help bring them back after decades of storage. Haven't tried, but has me thinking.

Top Bottom