What's new

More new Czech Platinum blades (Tatra Platinum)

Two excellent shaves with this blade and a response from the factory for all to see re an inquiry about other blades in the future and I quote:

...Currently we produce only Tiger and Tatra Platinum.
In near future we will offer Tiger and Tatra Superior, but they are not platinum coated

Make of that what you will.

Very interesting...Since they have to print new wrappers for the uncoated blades I wonder why they just didn't use the other brand names they already have
blades.JPG
?....Also, the new blades are not even on their web site !

Two excellent shaves with this blade and a response from the factory for all to see re an inquiry about other blades in the future and I quote:

Make of that what you will.

Fine detective work. I presume they will be stainless steel shaver grade blades opposed to the Carbon Steel ones they already make? I've been using the Tiger Platinum for the last two days and it is an excellent blade. Look forward to seeing their new blades, I'd be intrigued if they plan to repress some of their byegone SRO blades of yesteryear (non platinum ones) like the one they made for Gillette the Stainless Red.

My Tatras showed up yesterday but I just put a new blade in my razor yesterday morning. It'll be a few days before I need to change it. I'm facing a dilemma here.

Well I put the Personna Med Prep in another razor for safe keeping and tried the Tatra Platinum. I'm glad I did. After 1 shave I can say they are promising. Smoothness and sharpness seem on par with my favorites. Personna Lab/Med Prep, Gillette Silver Blue and 7 O'Clock Yellows are probably my top 3 and the Tatra's 1st shave seemed a lot like those. After a few more shaves, I'll update how they're doing.

Packaging is pretty nice too. The boxes are a little thicker and nicer feeling than Russian Gillettes. Blades are double wrapped with very little wax but enough to hold the blades in place.

The price I paid on the auction site was right in line with the Labs and maybe a little less than GSB and 7 O'Clock Yellows.

These could be some winners.

Last edited:
Great!
I’m pretty much a Rapira guy and I’m looking forward to comparing these. If a SS version comes out I’ll be on it.
thanks for the review.

The second shave is always the best on a blade. :001_cool: But the first can tell you a lot. I’m not one to stretch a blade life past six so I won’t be the one to test the longevity.

The second shave is always the best on a blade. :001_cool: But the first can tell you a lot. I’m not one to stretch a blade life past six so I won’t be the one to test the longevity.
Yes, that's what I'll be looking for in the 2nd shave but the 1st was really good. I usually don't go past about 5 shaves so I won't be looking for much more longevity than that either.

Great!
I’m pretty much a Rapira guy and I’m looking forward to comparing these. If a SS version comes out I’ll be on it.
thanks for the review.

Look at Bogeyman's post at the top of page 2 of this thread. Non Platinum versions of the Tiger and Tatra will be released, presumely SS variants?

Oh! Sharper. So they are indeed like Personnas.
I've been using Personna Med Preps for the past week or so and yes, I'd say they're very similar. The Tatras may even be a little smoother on the first shave but it would be a very slight difference. I'm not a huge fan of the Israeli Personnas. They're decent but not as sharp or as smooth as the US made ones for me.

Top Bottom