What's new

Modern May, 2023

I believe I qualify to participate.
My KCG razor and alum block are about 1.5 years old.
My Noble Otter brushes are less than 1 year old.
My Cube 2.0, Noble Otter soap / After shave are just a few months old.

And, being a minimalist, these are all I use at this time.

I believe I qualify to participate.
My Cube 2.0, Noble Otter soap / After shave are just a few months old.

Wow! How are you on here with that type of discipline? That is extremely, I mean extremely impressive. The modern cutoff here is after 1973 as before 1973 was the vintage so I think you'll be fine there. The KCG razor I have yet to use and will for Modern May. I am looking forward to it.

I'd love to play but I only own vintage razors. I'll follow along to see the cool new gadgets y'all have!

Yea I am mostly on the vintages myself. If not for the post 1973 "moderns" (this makes me laugh so hard but those are the guidelines set out as pre 1973 was "vintage" so like my Black Beauty, she's a modern, mine is extremely well kept got revamped, took really good care of herself, made sure she is up to date (better be careful here rofl)) counts as modern, so does my 1976 flair tip but to me those are not moderns.

If not for that I have all of 4 real modern razors in eyes (Rex Ambassdaor XL, KCG, Rex Konsul and yes the razor that start it all my Manscaped De (almost ashamed to have posted this) with the rest of my razors being vintage. I got an Athena coming, hopefully she makes it in May with a few others coming that I consider modern because well they are.

I am going to try and shave more with my adjustable and vintages as I was in both before the month is over but I got way too busy and felt so awful today that its not even funny so we shall see how it goes.

I was going to slip in my Super 109 Adjustable into Vintage April but will now use it in Modern May as it was made in 1976. :lol:
I thought about doing the same thing but didn't want to be "Well the Black Beauty was made after 1973"..... then you know the back and forth, its starts with a word, then a few words, then posts are exchanged and then.....

Angry The People GIF by The Spine of Night

I did fit it i the Adjustables so at least I could do that, show her off that way. :001_smile

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have two razor lists: all of them and my Top 6, but I always include the Claymore Evolution I use around my nose for every shave so actually Top 7. My “oldest razor” was released in 2021, though mine was probably manufactured in early 2022.

I think I’m set for Modern May by default. <eg>

I'm sorry, but how can one not Tech for a month?:c8:

It's actually quite hard. I haven't touched a proper 3 piece since commiting to Vintage and Adjustable all month and my newest Tech is 1965. So, I'm looking at an entire month again with out touching a tech. But if I find a hybrid tech sure as heck I'm using it right away.

For normal sane people, just use what you want and pop on in here and post up when you use something "modern."

I was going to slip in my Super 109 Adjustable into Vintage April but will now use it in Modern May as it was made in 1976. :lol:
I did this. 1973 was put out there but for me is not a matter of a specific year but a model run. To me if you count the first year of Super Adjustables as vintage then you count the last year as well. That's just me. So like I said, I used a couple of them because I consider them all vintage.

I did this. 1973 was put out there but for me is not a matter of a specific year but a model run. To me if you count the first year of Super Adjustables as vintage then you count the last year as well. That's just me. So like I said, I used a couple of them because I consider them all vintage.
Yea I didn't do that but its ok with me, just gives me another razor use to for Modern May.

Revising my participation:

My Cube 2.0
Proraso Green cream and A/S. Purchased due to my wife's sinus allergies with Noble Otter BarrBarr soap and A/S

Top Bottom