What's new

Mixed Witchhazel and Barbasol Pacific Rush

I hit the Dollar General Friday to pick up some Yardley's soap bars, and also to check out the Barbasol Pacific Rush I'd read about in the reviews here.

As I was shopping I saw a bottle of witch hazel, so I picked it up as well ( and the Vi-Jon Brut clone DG carries ).

Being a tinkerer I couldn't leave good enough alone. I grabbed an empty plastic hand sanitizer bottle ( well cleaned ) and poured the witch hazel to about the 25% full area,and then topped it off with the Barbasol Pacific Rush AS.

The result ... a cloudy blue liquid with a pronounced menthol cooling kick, and a slightly minty smell.

P.S.I noticed the Barbasol bottle had a Vi-Jon logo on the bottom.

Interesting mix. I sort of like the Pacific Rush. Not an everyday AS for me, but I do like the menthol.

Do you mean you used 25% witch hazel and 75% Pacific Rush?

I like mine straight, but I might give it a shot.

Interesting mix. I sort of like the Pacific Rush. Not an everyday AS for me, but I do like the menthol.

Do you mean you used 25% witch hazel and 75% Pacific Rush?

That is the mixture I used. I don't really like the plain Witch Hazel smell myself, so the Barbasol gives it a strong menthol/minty scent that I like more.

I like mine straight up too. The only real reason for using it, is the menthol content is off the charts. The smell reminds me a bit too much of mouthwash.

I did, however, work through an entire bottle of it (as I love menthol), and would very likely buy it again (after I work through my approximately two year supply of Aftershave).

Top Bottom