What's new

Mitchells wool fat

I like to think of this as a clean type of scent or something in the laundry family, like linen.

Floral scents definitely put me off and I do stay away from dominant feminine notes. But I have no problem with the scent on MWF.

(Sent from mobile)

It's a real nice "soapy/clean" scent.

Good luck lathering it though.
I use the bath soap and the shave soap. They both smell like clean soapy smell. I’m not into all the scents and prefer the smell of The Fat to everything else I’ve tried.

you won’t find a slicker soap.

The parfum itself is subtle and pleasant; notes include heather and lavender, ime.
However, curiously, my last puck included a bit of an off-putting (barnyard-like) undertone, seemingly from the soap base itself (vs parfum).

A very mild but really nice scent to my nose. Sort of creamy-fern? My favourite of all the soaps I've tried.

Also the slickest of any soaps I've tried.

Unfortunately my skin doesn't seem to like lanolin :(

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
It has a clean, creamy soap smell but the lather and slickness is the best of any soap I have tried
Don't be put off by those who say it's hard to get a lather out of the fat, I just keep mine in an airtight tub and keep it wet and it gives a fantastic thick lather

Fresh, clean and “soapy” without being powdery. +1 on the amazing lather. This is a soap that is worth trying no matter the scent.

I pulled the trigger and ordered it along with a bunch of AS and a few other soaps😂 i think im developing SAD 😔 ...

A puck of MWF will last you a long, long time; perhaps six or eight months of daily use. If you can get along well with MWF, you can bypass the whole SAD rabbit hole before it's too late.
:eek2:
I bought a puck of The Fat in May. It is just now showing the bottom of the crock. I’ve ordered a replacement puck so that I’m ready when the time comes. You can always PIF the other soaps. I only keep one other soap in reserve and that’s TOBS Jermyn Street for those mornings when I’m running late.

Jermyn st cream has a amazing scent probably my fave out if any soap/cream
Unless the scent is just out and out awful, I don’t worry about it. Once I spray on the EDT, the scent is gone. To me it’s all about the slickness. That’s one reason I like The Fat, the other reason is the way the lanolin leaves my skin.

Top Bottom