What's new

Mistura May Madness

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I'm betting on the Mistura ⬆ having given up on the Mixed Midget myself.

On the other hand, that doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy losing the bet.

Reactions: Cal
I think my butterscotch is ready for facetime after four days of palm lathering on the side. Not much "madness" here, as I only have one Mistura (did I really say that!?), but I'll rotate all my soaps through the butterscotch.
Imagepipe_33.jpg

Semogue SOC in Taj resin today, and I think I may have to use it tomorrow, too. It's just too good.

Still think the Taj is boring to look at? How about that cherry?
I like the way the Taj looks. It's honestly one of my favorite faux ivories. With the two-band hair, it's pretty good-looking. I ought to post a pic of it at some point, I guess, along with the other Misturas I have.

MMM SOTD
SOTD-Y-K_2021-05-14.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Semogue Torga-C3 Finest Mistura 22/49
Cream: La Toja Classic
Razor: Yuma YM-403
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (6)
ASL: Clubman

A brilliant shave. :biggrin:

My Semogue Mistura is the BEST and it's just proved that my Mixed Midget still retains the title of "THE SCRITCHMEISTER."

La Toja Classic shaving cream is fab and goes with anything. Its scent is definitely different (to me anyway) but in a way that doesn't clash with any ASL.
Definitely a top team today. Who knew shaving could be so much fun? :letterk1: :laugh:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

I've been watching this thread and considering adding a mixed knot brush to my rotation. Bullgooose has a SOC caravela and scamazon has a SOC finest mistura, both mixed knots. What, if any difference is there between them? Does it have to do with the grade of hair used?

I've been watching this thread and considering adding a mixed knot brush to my rotation. Bullgooose has a SOC caravela and scamazon has a SOC finest mistura, both mixed knots. What, if any difference is there between them? Does it have to do with the grade of hair used?
They are the same thing. Mistura is just the Portuguese term for mixture. Finest Mistura being a mixed knot of 50% Finest badger hair plus 50% Premium boar hair.

Caravela was a limited edition mixed knot brush that was available a few years ago. Sometimes people use the Caravela name because it was considered a really desirable brush that they wanted Semogue to make available again.

1621083287013.png

Has anyone transplanted the Mistura knot into another handle? Just wondered if the knot is easy to remove without damage.
Recently got a butterscotch Mistura but thinking about buying another and transplanting the knot.

First use of the Mistura on the face today, fifth time lathering. Very pleased. Good ergonomics, very good flow-through with both scrubbing and painting, but quite a lot of scritch. Perhaps that will diminish over time, but I also used quite a bit of menthol with my soap this morning which would make any scritchiness feel worse.
Imagepipe_34.jpg

Thanks for the info. I'm really liking the look of the butterscotch handle. Assume that the knot is the same if you get it in wood or resin. Thanks

QUOTE="Atlantic59, post: 11264101, member: 127433"]
They are the same thing. Mistura is just the Portuguese term for mixture. Finest Mistura being a mixed knot of 50% Finest badger hair plus 50% Premium boar hair.

Caravela was a limited edition mixed knot brush that was available a few years ago. Sometimes people use the Caravela name because it was considered a really desirable brush that they wanted Semogue to make available again.

View attachment 1266905
[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom