What's new

Mistura May Madness

Mailcall 🤩

Got my parcel earlier today. It has already been cleaned for its debut shave later today. Had some light funk which will likely vanish after one or two shaves. Lost one single hair.

:001_wub: I have seen this handle on many pics, however, in reality it is even nicer*.

20210510_115647.jpg

*pics are straight ooc. Final picture has been taken after initial cleaning.

I feel a bit bad @Leverspro whilst posting this, but I am keeping my fingers crossed your parcel will show up soon.

Last edited:

linty1

My wallet cries.
Mailcall 🤩

Got my parcel earlier today. It has already been cleaned for its debut shave later today. Had some light funk which will likely vanish after one or two shaves. Lost one single hair.

I have seen this handle on many pics, however, in reality its even nicer*.

View attachment 1264426
*pics are straight ooc. Final picture after initial cleaning.

I feel a bit bad @Leverspro whilst posting this, but I am keeping my fingers crossed your parcel will show up soon.

Yes the funk disappears quickly, how are you liking it so far?

Also just out if curiosity what is your "clean a new brush" routine?

Yes the funk disappears quickly, how are you liking it so far?

Also just out if curiosity what is your "clean a new brush" routine?

I never had any issues wrt funky Semogues (boars/badgers). This brush is no exception.

Initial impression is: :001_wub:. Will report back later today.

I wouldn't call it a routine. I simply lather my new brushes with a mild baby shampoo in order to get rid of any dust and "remaining dirt" from the production process (if any), shake out the water - and call it a day. That's it.

Besides, I neither do any "frigde time" nor long term drowning with new boar brushes. If the funk is persistent after the initial cleaning, I shampoo it one more time. If this still doesn't help I just grap my Tabac for the maiden shave...:lol:

As they say in the ads:
Beware, Tabac kills... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Semogue SOC Mistura in Taj Resin
Palmolive shave soap
GEM Micromatic Clog-Pruf
GEM PTFE-coated blade day 2
Thayer's original witch hazel
Parfums de Nicolai Patchouli Intense

There's nothing else I want to use in terms of either brush or soap. Just stunning results.

20210510_113853-01.jpeg

First shave with a new Mistura.

In a nutshell: I'm quite blown away!

Similar to her cherry wood handled sister this butterscotch beauty provides soft tips, no scritch at all and such a nice and intense but gentle scrub.

The knot is still a bit stiff, but in course of the next 5 to 10 shaves the knot will soften up and splay more easy whilst hopefully keeping the marvelous backbone (my other Mistura kept it, therefore I have high hopes). The flow-through is remarkable, but this is no surprise for you guys - you already knew.

It lost one single hair when I cleaned the brush earlier today. During the shave, all bristles remained in place. No additional shedding.

I am very pleased with this brush. If there was any drawback I'd highlight it. But there is no single one.

Well done, Semogue!

MMM SOTD
SOTD-Y-Y_2021-05-10.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget 22/48
Cream: La Toja Classic
Razor: Yuma YM-403
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (2)
ASL: La Toja Classic

A very fine shave. :biggrin:

The new team member (La Toja ASL) fitted in well. The splash and immediate scent were great. Two hours later I'm not quite so sure about the scent. It's certainly not offensive and the face feel is very nice, so I'll stick with it for a few shaves at least to see how I get on with it.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

I used the BC Mistura today. I really do prefer the SOC. I will probably sell this BC at the end of Mistura May. It's a really nice brush, but the handle of the SOC coupled with its slightly less compact feel just nudges this one out. I'm thinking a butterscotch SOC is in order.

linty1

My wallet cries.
@JAHE . Got it! It appeared in my post box yesterday View attachment 1264991a week after being declared delivered. I love it when things fix themselves. Palm lathered it this morning. Looks great, but it will play along on the side until I trust it to not eat the lather before it gets to my face.

Thats awesome! Just not having to bother with the alternative is so nice. I wonder if the Semogue ppl in portugal are noticing a little uptick in sales on this brush.

Thats a nice Dubl duck, a handle in that shape (vintage or a hc etc) is on my "list".

Okay, okay, I'll pick up a butterscotch AND a cherry, but that's where I draw the line!
I thought I had settled on the Taj, but then @blantyre shows up with one in Ash :)

I already have a badger and a boar in Cherry and had considered completing the set with the Mistura. Oh, the choices we must make. Thankfully, I still have 235 days to decide...

MMM SOTD
SOTD-Y-Y_2021-05-10.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget 22/48
Cream: La Toja Classic
Razor: Yuma YM-403
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (2)
ASL: La Toja Classic
Cal, you're just full of surprises! Weren't you shaving with a $130 Fine razor recently? Now, you're in love with a $1 aluminum job from the Turkish bazaar.
:confused1

linty1

My wallet cries.
You guys are great at taking those photos! I've always wanted to get an injector but didn't want to invest in another blade type (de and ac/se are it for me) but very cool.

Top Bottom