What's new

Mistura May Madness

linty1

My wallet cries.
First use of the Mistura on the face today, fifth time lathering. Very pleased. Good ergonomics, very good flow-through with both scrubbing and painting, but quite a lot of scritch. Perhaps that will diminish over time, but I also used quite a bit of menthol with my soap this morning which would make any scritchiness feel worse. View attachment 1266964

What razor is that? I really like that handle

20210516_134316-01.jpeg
Today's shave was okay, I needed three passes plus touchups to get to the DFS level. The KAI is significantly fading after completion of eight shaves.

However, at least the Mistura was excellent again and a joy to use! :thumbsup:

Happy Mistura shaves!

Last edited:
Today I used the Mistura with Ethos. Worked very well.
Imagepipe_35.jpg

View attachment 1267378Today's shave was okay, I needed three passes plus touchups to get to the DFS level. The KAI is significantly fading after completion of eight shaves.

However, at least the Mistura was excellent again and a joy to use! :thumbsup:

Happy Mistura shaves!
The claws on that razor! Yikes!
What razor is that? I really like that handle
The handle is a brass Charcoal Goods. The head is a Yates razor with H plate.

MMM SOTD
SOTD-Y-R_2021-05-16.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Semogue Torga-C3 Finest Mistura 22/49
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: Yuma YM-403 head on Phoenix aluminum handle
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (8)
ASL: TFS Mandarino Tachibana

A lovely shave. :biggrin:
The whole team gave an exemplary performance. We're high on life here at ZenShaveLand. :punk:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

linty1

My wallet cries.
Those Torga brushes look really nice, I almost picked one up from the bst (a C5) before going for the longer handle on the soc. Speaking of, the sotd:

A2C4A662-8C4B-4F7D-A1FD-4D0865B65B02.jpeg

Still using the same other things (mwf/standard/gsb) and still getting great shaves.

MMM SOTD
SOTD-Y-Y_2021-05-17.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Semogue Torga-C3 Finest Mistura 22/49
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: Yuma YM-403 head on Phoenix aluminum handle
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (9)
ASL: Orange Empire

A good shave. :biggrin:

Post-shave the Orange Empire ASL was too sickly sweet… two hours later (now) it's acceptable. I think I'll "file" it. :yesnod:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

...Post-shave the Orange Empire ASL was too sickly sweet… two hours later (now) it's acceptable. I think I'll "file" it. :yesnod:
You could cut the ASL with witch hazel to get the scent toned down a bit. Add a few drops of glycerin if desired.

Reactions: Cal
You could cut the ASL with witch hazel to get the scent toned down a bit. Add a few drops of glycerin if desired.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not too keen on "interfering" with proprietary mixes (with the exception of adding the occasional menthol crystal). So I'll file it and come back to it at a later date to see if my olfactory "taste" has changed any.

I tend to like my own simple mixes which are alcohol, water, (one single) essential (or fragrance) oil, and menthol.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not too keen on "interfering" with proprietary mixes (with the exception of adding the occasional menthol crystal). So I'll file it and come back to it at a later date to see if my olfactory "taste" has changed any.

I tend to like my own simple mixes which are alcohol, water, (one single) essential (or fragrance) oil, and menthol.
I have a few Razorock aftershaves that are really quite nice, but so strong I find them difficult to use. I found I could mix just a few drops in the palm with some witch hazel "in real time" so to speak. That way, I could enjoy the ASL without gassing everyone out.

I have a few Razorock aftershaves that are really quite nice, but so strong I find them difficult to use. I found I could mix just a few drops in the palm with some witch hazel "in real time" so to speak. That way, I could enjoy the ASL without gassing everyone out.
:laugh: You're way too advanced for me.

I tend to decant my favorite aftershaves into 50ml squirt bottles. I always have one containing distilled water too. Four small squirts into the palm of the hand tends to be my "standard measure." Any ASLs that I like, but are too strong... I simply measure two squirts ASL plus two squirts distilled water (or variations on that theme).

:laugh: You're way too advanced for me.

I tend to decant my favorite aftershaves into 50ml squirt bottles. I always have one containing distilled water too. Four small squirts into the palm of the hand tends to be my "standard measure." Any ASLs that I like, but are too strong... I simply measure two squirts ASL plus two squirts distilled water (or variations on that theme).
I guess everyone has their own system. When I cook, I don't usually do recipes, just measure by eye.
:laugh:

linty1

My wallet cries.
I'm not sure if I'm just imagining it or its some sort of comfirmation bias, but it feels? today there was less skritch? Still some, but felt a little less. My brain might be playing games with me though...

I call this mixed-knot VP Leonhardy "Murder-of-Soaps" because the tips really do lift off the soap fast. The scritch being too much for my neck and face to lather there, I do it in the palm, as pictured here, or in a bowl. Lather build-up as shown was just enough for two passes, plus a number of touch-ups, so hardly any soap was wasted. Applying the lather in a painterly fashion works fine. An unusual brush, but good to have in my arsenal at times.

Also, I had a whale of a time trying to color-correct this image. My hand's skin-tone was way too red, so correcting it made the "Acqua" soap label turn more towards blue, away from turquoise.

LOTD-5-17-21.jpg

Last edited:
C3 today. Maybe better than the SOC?

No, not better. Just different. Very, very good. Best lather release of any brush I've ever used.

Top Bottom