Razor: Shumate’s Barber SR
Blade: none
Brush: Graydog Boar
Soap: MWF

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Ethos Lavender

The Process-
Yup mark that one on your calendar folks, I didn’t shave yesterday. I am a dairy shaver, so you won’t see that very often.

My stomach still was kinda queasy and I feel like I have been beat up. I was a bit nervous with this shave because my hands were pretty shaky. Probably because I hadn’t eaten since Wednesday. More on that in a minute. I proceeded with my shave and decided when I got the first cut, I was switching to a DE. I didn’t cut myself and I ended up BBS for the win! I used a lightly scented soap and AS because of my stomach and it was the right call. Life is good!

So here’s the backstory. I had a day surgery on Wednesday to remove a skin cancer. They cut it out, then take it to the lab and check to make sure they got it all. If not, they repeat the process until they get it all. They had to go back in a second time, but thankfully managed to get it all. They gave me a script of Tramadol, as needed. And I did need it. Yesterday I got up for work, but couldn’t do it. My boss let me take the day off. As I mentioned the last time I had eaten was Wednesday. After getting excused from work yesterday, I spent the next 24 hours sleeping. Waking up to puke, taking the script and going back to bed. I also found that the medication gives me a very intense headache. Well that gets us to this morning. I am shaky and stomach doesn’t feel right, but I will live. I can also tell that I am dehydrated, but clean shaved.

For the weirdos that like to see open wounds, it’s in the spoiler. This was after the first removal. They went back a second time and cut out more. The black stuff you see is cauterized blood vessels. It now has internal stitches and 20 external staples. It’s gross, don’t look.

A7EB243C-2E71-43E9-A831-23655167D46C.jpeg

View attachment 1228754

Shave Count (DE: 465 SE: 9 SR: 634)

Pre Shave-
Strop: Tony Miller Plain Vanilla
Scuttle: none
Splash and go

Shave-
Soap: MWF

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Ethos Lavender

The Process-
Yup mark that one on your calendar folks, I didn’t shave yesterday. I am a dairy shaver, so you won’t see that very often.

My stomach still was kinda queasy and I feel like I have been beat up. I was a bit nervous with this shave because my hands were pretty shaky. Probably because I hadn’t eaten since Wednesday. More on that in a minute. I proceeded with my shave and decided when I got the first cut, I was switching to a DE. I didn’t cut myself and I ended up BBS for the win! I used a lightly scented soap and AS because of my stomach and it was the right call. Life is good!

So here’s the backstory. I had a day surgery on Wednesday to remove a skin cancer. They cut it out, then take it to the lab and check to make sure they got it all. If not, they repeat the process until they get it all. They had to go back in a second time, but thankfully managed to get it all. They gave me a script of Tramadol, as needed. And I did need it. Yesterday I got up for work, but couldn’t do it. My boss let me take the day off. As I mentioned the last time I had eaten was Wednesday. After getting excused from work yesterday, I spent the next 24 hours sleeping. Waking up to puke, taking the script and going back to bed. I also found that the medication gives me a very intense headache. Well that gets us to this morning. I am shaky and stomach doesn’t feel right, but I will live. I can also tell that I am dehydrated, but clean shaved.

For the weirdos that like to see open wounds, it’s in the spoiler. This was after the first removal. They went back a second time and cut out more. The black stuff you see is cauterized blood vessels. It now has internal stitches and 20 external staples. It’s gross, don’t look.

Mark me down in the weirdo column Tim. Ouch, Ouch, Ouch! Best wishes and luck on your prognoses and healing. Stay Well.

06DE3031-4852-4DE2-8047-D4F36BD7E83F.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 465 SE: 9 SR: 635)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: Yaqi Badger
Soap: HeV Duc De Santal

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: HeV Duc De Santal

The Process-
On deck today is a new set that I just received. The scent is nice off the puck, so I was interested in how it opened up when lathered. You will have to check out the scent notes from the vendor because my nose is of no use. Loaded with a 20 second load time and got to work. The soap whipped up a really nice lather and I am digging the scent.

10 laps on cotton and 40 on leather and I was ready to go. I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. The lather has a lighter feel to it and it is slick. I had three enjoyable passes and I walked away DFS for the win! I did miss just a smidge on the chin, but I’ll take it. I have also found that certain head movements pull the skin in different directions. I had never noticed until I had a large cut on my head ... ouch.

Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and pat dry. I followed that with a splash of the aftershave and everything was right as rain! The scent of this set is nice and a bit muted. I would like it just a touch stronger, but again it’s nice. Life is good.

So ... my head still hurts. Using ice packs and Advil to help. No exercise, heavy lifting or bending over for two weeks according to the Doc. Got to do a bandage change last night and for my twisted friends, I took a pic.

0C73942C-0EB2-4B36-AACB-D2742969265F.jpeg

BFE31F7B-941E-487F-BACD-24512FDBFDA0.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 466 SE: 9 SR: 635)

Pre Shave-
Strop: none
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: RR Mamba
Blade: ?
Soap: PdP

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: PdP

The Process-
Enough of my whining about the booboo on my head, let’s talk shaving. On deck today is a new to me set, that I picked up in a PIF. I have tried PdP 63 before and liked the scent. But I absolutely hated the balm because it was thick and greasy. I did use it for a bit and then PIFed the set. I had a damp brush and loaded this one for 20 seconds, which was plenty.

I skipped the SR today and grabbed the Mamba. I keep a DE on the shelf as a backup and the Mamba will deliver a great shave. But after today it will be replaced with a vintage. My vintage DEs will also deliver a great shave. I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. That was a very nice shave and I am BBS for the win! So nice. The soap is light, but the scent held during the shave.

Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and pat dry. The moment of truth would be smearing on the ASB. I had recently read that applying to a damp face works best. So I smeared on a pea size bit and everything was right as rain! Yup I guess that’s the trick. That was a nice shave with a really light scent. Life is good!

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
View attachment 1229452

Shave Count (DE: 465 SE: 9 SR: 635)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-

Post Shave-
Post shave lather

The Process-
On deck today is a new set that I just received. The scent is nice off the puck, so I was interested in how it opened up when lathered. You will have to check out the scent notes from the vendor because my nose is of no use. Loaded with a 20 second load time and got to work. The soap whipped up a really nice lather and I am digging the scent.

10 laps on cotton and 40 on leather and I was ready to go. I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. The lather has a lighter feel to it and it is slick. I had three enjoyable passes and I walked away DFS for the win! I did miss just a smidge on the chin, but I’ll take it. I have also found that certain head movements pull the skin in different directions. I had never noticed until I had a large cut on my head ... ouch.

Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and pat dry. I followed that with a splash of the aftershave and everything was right as rain! The scent of this set is nice and a bit muted. I would like it just a touch stronger, but again it’s nice. Life is good.

So ... my head still hurts. Using ice packs and Advil to help. No exercise, heavy lifting or bending over for two weeks according to the Doc. Got to do a bandage change last night and for my twisted friends, I took a pic.

Reminds me of the mole cancerous mole I had removed from behind my left ear last January. The scar ended up 4" long with 20+ stitches, and went all the way down to my neck. Has made shaving the left side of my neck a real PITA the last year, the scar is finally laying down. Hope your surgery heals well!

Reminds me of the mole cancerous mole I had removed from behind my left ear last January. The scar ended up 4" long with 20+ stitches, and went all the way down to my neck. Has made shaving the left side of my neck a real PITA the last year, the scar is finally laying down. Hope your surgery heals well!

Thank you!

A1D14B3B-B304-48FA-8F09-A6F1A49AE870.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 466 SE: 9 SR: 637)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Shumate SR
Brush: Simpson Badger

Post Shave-
Post shave lather

The Process-
Had to give this setup another run today, and show the badgers a little love. The boars are breaking in well. And I guess if I treat the few brushes I have with care they should last a lifetime. I’m kinda digging this soap/scent but I wish the scent was a tad stronger and longer lasting. I have also been playing with the water ratio, just for fun. I may also may need to throw in a bowl shave.

I used a 20 second load time on the soap. And I stayed with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. Yes friends and neighbors, that was another very nice shave and I am BBS for the win! The AS goes on with a slightly different scent and then settles right down. This obviously makes everything right as rain! I think that’s all I have at the moment. Life is good!

E2A434B4-ABBE-4E28-8C47-12C5234BD041.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 466 SE: 9 SR: 638)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Waterville SR
Soap: P&B Spitfire

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Avon Wild Country

The Process-
Whoops ... I changed up all my kit. I received this soap in a PIF and thought I’d give it a go. This is my first use of this soap/vendor and the missus didn’t like the scent off the puck. Me ... not sure what I smell ... kinda tart maybe. Hit it with my typical 30 second load time and got to it.

On the strop: 10 laps on cotton and 40 on leather for the Waterville and I was ready to go. There is just something about this Waterville ... I really like this razor. I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. Three nice passes and I am BBS for the win! The soap did fine, but I need to work on dialing in the lather just a bit. The somewhat tart scent carried throughout the shave and didn’t seem to open up any more when lathered.

I finished up with a quick rinse and pat dry. Followed that up with a splash of the aftershave and everything was right as rain! Yeah baby! The soap has bergamot in it and maybe that’s what I was smelling. Avon Wild County also has it ... so there ya go. Trying my hand at using non-matching, but complimentary splashes today. Life is good!

6BB034D1-9A6B-4896-B162-D592B1027E9D.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 466 SE: 9 SR: 639)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: Simpson Badger
Soap: PAA Sangre De Drago

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: PAA Sangre De Drago

59518833-E325-4698-9C11-54D9090FDF22.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 466 SE: 9 SR: 640)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: RR 400 Plissoft
Soap: Stirling Deton-8

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Stirling Deton-8

The Process-
Today I broke out a few more bits just to see how the other half lives. Typically my bowl is for samples because I face lather and don’t use creams. The RR 400 was also on deck and I’m not a big synth fan. I guess I see it as a new spin on an old product, that didn’t need improvement. I like the traditional vibe from natural hair. I would envision that the common man used boar and the more well off used badger. I am not rich, but I have both. And except for the occasional badger love, you will mostly find me using a boar.

So today, I loaded my brush for 30 seconds and took it to the copper bowl. I added water multiple times and whipped up a really hydrated lather. I went a little overboard with the water, but it never broke the lather.

On the strop, 10 laps on cotton and 40 on leather and it was go time. I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. A very nice shave indeed and I am BBS for the win! I was also reflecting on straights today. I only have one modern and all the others are vintage. I was kinda wondering how all the steel work added up. Jimps, thumb notch, Barber notch, blade etching, spine work. I bet each one of those additions added to the price, regardless of the maker. Anyway, I was putting too much thought into it but it makes me appreciate all my shaves.

Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and pat dry. Followed that up with a splash of the aftershave and everything was right as rain! Yes it was. This is another scent that I really dig. So all of that to say that a great shave was had. Life is good!

6C06B0E9-3B1E-422C-BBB4-50C166198CC7.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 466 SE: 9 SR: 6401)

Pre Shave-
Scuttle: PAA Brush Warmer
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: SV/TSC LE Badger
Soap: Krokus

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Avon Tai Winds

The Process-
Just looking for something different this morning and I found it. I know I have told the story of picking this soap up in a trade with a gent in Israel. Anyway, I have used it sparingly over the years and it is a nice soap. I noticed that I have used a lot of it and it is getting thin on the bottom of the tub. So I may use it a bit more and try to wrap it up. The soap has a light pleasant scent of Saffron that I hadn’t smelled before using this soap. The lather is also light, not heavy like a super fatted soap. A 15 second load time was all it took to get my shave on.

Not pictured, but I also broke out the brush warmer ... very nice. On the strop, 10 laps on cotton and 40 laps on leather and it was go time. I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. The lather was slick and warm, with the saffron scent lingering throughout the shave. Very relaxing and I am BBS for the win! I also had more than enough lather for the post shave.

Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and pat dry. Followed that up with a splash of the aftershave and everything was right as rain! The Tai Winds was also a good call. That was a very nice shave. Life is good!

D188E88C-4D9C-4F4F-A78C-9B59D132436C.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 466 SE: 9 SR: 642)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Solingen SR
Brush: SV/TSC LE Badger
Soap: SV Opuntia

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: SV Opuntia

The Process-
Opps, grabbed the wrong setup today and it was so nice. I was originally going to use Krokus, but it was a great mistake. Didn’t hit the exact shave that I wanted, but I am DFS for the win! Also got my staples out today. Life is good!

Psych ...you weirdo

4C918B41-9C9A-4A07-B416-0785A53B6E78.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 466 SE: 9 SR: 644)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Solingen SR
Soap: Krokus

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Avon Windjammer

The Process-
Lunchtime shave! That’s right friends and neighbors, I way overslept today and had to push my shave back some. Thankfully I am still working from home at the moment. Went with a 20 second load time and probably could have dropped that down even more. This whipped up a really nice lather too. I may have mentioned it, but I can see the bottom of the tub in one section. There is still plenty of soap for maybe a week or two of shaves.

On the strop. 10 laps on cotton and 40 laps on leather. I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. Another very nice shave and I am BBS for the win! The edge on this razor was just a smidge crisp when I started using it, but has really smoothed out with stropping. I also had a lot of lather for a post shave too.

Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and pat dry. I followed that up with a splash of the aftershave and everything was right as rain! Man, these lunchtime shaves are nice too. Kinda like wiping away the morning work fog. Life is good!

Top Bottom