Razor: Black Diamond SR
Blade: none
Brush: Graydog Boar
Soap: MWF

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Ethos Lavender

The Details-
I wasn’t feeling tropical today. Let’s try some Lavender ... didn’t help it was still a Monday. Great shave though. Life is good!

CBF2A253-267D-4C7F-8F87-2C5920D7BE38.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 470 SE: 9 SR: 661)
Pre Shave-
Strop: Tony Miller Plain Vanilla
Scuttle: none
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: Knothead Boar
Soap: Stirling Scarn

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Stirling Scarn

The Details-
Very nice shave. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 470 SE: 9 SR: 662)
Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: Knothead Boar
Soap: Stirling Scarn

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Stirling Scarn

The Details-
Thought I would just keep life simple and use the same kit today. It was a great shave and start to the day. Life is good!

I finally tracked down the artisan that created the Silverloaf wedge. For those that didn’t see my update, it is a 1 of 2 prototype that he sold when in a cash crunch. I can totally relate to that situation. I was seeking him out for information on the razor and he offered to buy it back. How often do you get the chance to get something back that you regretted selling?

All of that to say that I am going to sell it back to him. I used it a few times and actually prefer the smaller hollows better. It also seemed like the right thing to do.

64119C53-57BF-4485-9EB3-0CC17F1AFB6D.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 470 SE: 9 SR: 663)
Pre Shave-
Scuttle: PAA Brush Warmer
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: SV/TSC LE Badger
Soap: Atomic Age Bay Rum

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Atomic Age Bay Rum

The Details-
A very nice shave this morning with warm lather. I would say TGITHMF, but alas I am working tomorrow and possibly all weekend. I am also salary, so I shall embrace the suck. But damn I smell great! Life is good!

Last edited:
96483459-62FD-4DA1-894C-3AE8C9591AD6.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 471 SE: 9 SR: 663)

Pre Shave-
Strop: none
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Feather
Brush: Graydog Boar
Soap: MWY

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: GTB

The Details-
Yesterday was just a quick shave to start the day and then off to work. Life is good!

5C635E19-C125-436C-A479-169BE34F507D.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 471 SE: 9 SR: 664)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: Simpson Badger
Soap: Stirling Gentleman

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Stirling Gentleman

The Details-
Had a great shave this morning. It’s been a while since Stirling Gentleman got the nod, so it was on deck. Oh yeah, this one is a keeper. And a very nice BBS to start the day. Life is good!

6AC522ED-F467-498C-8FCE-13D818CF457F.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 471 SE: 9 SR: 665)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Ralf Aust SR
Brush: Simpson Berkley
Soap: Stirling Nag Champa

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Stirling Nag Champa

The Details-
I know some of you are all about the dets, so here we go. Changing things up a bit today. I will probably use the Ralf Aust and the Simpson this week. It was time for a weekly razor change and the Simpson still needs to break in. There is still a bit of scritch in this brush, it’s not bad but can use some work. I changed up the soap just because I like the funkiness of the scent. A 30 second load time was more than enough to get my shave on.

10 laps on cotton and 40 on leather and it was shave time. I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. A very nice, relaxing shave and I am BBS for the win! I also had plenty of lather left for a post shave.

I wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and pat dry. Followed that up with a splash of the aftershave and everything was right as rain! You know it! I’m still digging the scent of the Nag Champa, with its funky incense scent. Life is good!

C8122093-7AE1-42AE-814A-6BF638B4AFC0.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 471 SE: 9 SR: 666)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Ralf Aust SR
Soap: Stirling Executive Man

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Stirling Executive Man

08CAC9EE-CD9D-44B9-BF31-AB2A75EFE8B5.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 471 SE: 9 SR: 667)

Pre Shave-
Strop: nine
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Bauer SR

Post Shave-
Post shave lather

The Details:
For those that are detail oriented, you read that right ... no strop today. The only other change of the kit was the razor. I am testing an edge that Eric put on this razor and I wanted to try it before I took it to the leather.

I stayed with my regular shaving routine and it went very well. The razor was smooth and sharp. This edge delivered a much better performance than the last edge I tested. This one glided along laying waste to everything in its path without a hint of tugging or irritation. I was focused on the razor, but really enjoyed the shave. The first shave on the original edge left me DFS with some irritation. With this edge, I am BBS for the win! That’s right friends and neighbors. If I were to make a criticism, it would be that the edge could be just a touch smoother. It is smooth, but I think a bump would put it into buttery smooth territory. A great shave with a very nice edge. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 471 SE: 9 SR: 668)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-

Post Shave-
Post shave lather

The Details:
Same setup today so no pic for you. I kept the same kit today for a second shave on this razor. The only change for today was that I did strop the razor.

10 laps on cotton and 40 on leather. I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. Another very nice shave and I am once again BBS for the win! Eric, you have got the sharp down my friend. Another easy peasy shave that was comfortable and smooth. Once again, no irritation either. If you can push the smooth just a touch, you are there.

One thing I didn’t mention yesterday. The longevity of the shave was outstanding. I couldn’t believe how long I stayed BBS. Once again, very nice work Eric!

14DAA3ED-7B64-4506-8CB0-C4DC2933B10D.jpeg

Yesterday’s Shave
Shave Count (DE: 471 SE: 9 SR: 669)

Pre Shave-
Strop: none
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Solingen SR

Post Shave-
Post shave lather

The Deets-
Early morning shave and I had my Solingen back in the house. Gerry was kind enough to put a Coti edge on it before sending it my way. The edge was smooth, but I could tell during the first pass that it needs to be sharper for my taste. Went with my standard three pass shave and walked away DFS for the win! I’ll take that any day. The edge did skip a bit on my neck, but I don’t know if that was the edge or my sore arm from Rona shot #1. So we won’t count that one this shave. It’s a good edge, but I’m curious if it could be a great edge.

Today’s Shave
Shave Count (DE: 471 SE: 9 SR: 670)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Soap: HeV Duc De Santal

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: HeV Duc De Santal

The Deets:
So ... nice late morning shave today. And as you can see, I had Duc De Santal back on deck. I used this soap for my first test of Eric’s edges and the shave left a bit to be desired. So this was a redemption shave.

I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. That was a very nice shave and I am BBS for the win! Oh yeah! Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and pat dry. A splash of the aftershave and everything was right as rain! Yes it was!

Then we had an incident. So I was cleaning things up and wiped the razor down with my shaving towel. I typically do this without incident, but today it went sideways. I guess my fingers were a bit misplaced and I sliced through the towel and into my finger. My poor towel took a laceration to the midsection ... oh my. I didn’t cut myself too bad. More of a paper cut without fluid loss. I hope I didn’t trash the edge.

Top Bottom