Razor: Ralf Aust SR
Blade: none
Brush: Simpson Badger
Soap: PAA Sangre de Drago

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: PAA Sangre de Drago

The Process-
Late morning shave today and it was luxurious. Kicked the snooze button to the curb for the weekend and enjoyed waking up naturally. I went with a 20 second load time, with a warm brush and it whipped up a really nice lather. Did I mention the scent? ... very nice!

10 laps on cotton and 40 on leather and it was go time. I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. No playing today, I wanted to enjoy all three warm passes and that was some goodness. Slow, steady and smooth. Did I mention that I am BBS for the win! Also had extra for a post shave lather.

Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and pat dry. Followed that up with a healthy splash of the aftershave and everything was right as rain! Oh yes it was. That’s a shave to start the day. Life is good!

7AA772B1-5F8A-4600-80A8-68C5D385ABDE.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 460 SE: 9 SR: 622)

Pre Shave-
Strop: Tony Miller Plain Vanilla
Scuttle: PAA Brush Warmer
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: SV/TSC LE Badger
Soap: PAA Porthos

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: PAA Porthos

The Process-
I didn’t realize how exceptional yesterday’s shave was until this morning. I hardly had any stubble to shave today. But that won’t stop us from another glorious BBS ... no it won’t. I am one again clean shaved and smelling great! Life is good!

38DF22C6-2062-4C2B-BBB4-574A3A38E764.jpeg

Yesterday’s Shave
Shave Count (DE: 461 SE: 9 SR: 623)

Pre Shave-
Scuttle: none
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Solingen SR
Blade: None
Brush: Knothead Boar
Soap: Haslinger Marigold

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Proraso Red

The Process-
Early morning shave. This blade let me down and delivered a DFS for the win! Back to the stones it goes.

Today’s Shave
Shave Count (DE: 462 SE: 9 SR: 623)

Pre Shave-
Strop: none
Scuttle: none
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: RR Mamba
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Knothead Boar
Soap: Haslinger Marigold

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Avon Everest

The Process-
TGIWMF! You read that right friends and neighbors and no pic for you today. An early morning shave and it was very nice. I switched out the blade and grabbed a Wizamet. Three easy peasy passes and I am BBS for the win! So nice. I think I can get two more shaves out of this soap. That will free my mug for another soap that is waiting off stage. Life is good!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.

That is cheer worthy of Prince Spaghetti Day. And also the lead up to the two most romantic holidays - Valentine’s and US Presidents’ Day (I think both were started with axes and now feature chocolates and incredible savings on new and quality pre-owned motor vehicles).

That is cheer worthy of Prince Spaghetti Day. And also the lead up to the two most romantic holidays - Valentine’s and US Presidents’ Day (I think both were started with axes and now feature chocolates and incredible savings on new and quality pre-owned motor vehicles).

I say we kick it old school.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
If you mean a red sauce with the meat from at least three different animals or an alfredo sauce, this Prince Spaghetti Day is going to be off the hook!

2E12E32E-14A8-4F57-8C14-9AD725B378E5.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 462 SE: 9 SR: 624)

Pre Shave-
Scuttle: PAA Brush Warmer
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: SV/TSC LE Badger
Soap: SV Opuntia

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: SV Opuntia

The Process-
So I am off work today and thought I would indulge in a premium shave. I can sum it up in three words ... A MAZ ING. Had my brush soaking in very warm water, shook it out and went with a 20 second load time on the soap. That built up a really nice warm lather. I am truly digging the warm lather on cold days.

10 laps on cotton and 40 laps on leather and the Aust was ready for action. I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. Those were three great passes: slow, smooth and warm. Outstanding! And for the finish, I am BBS for the win! That’s right, you know it. I still had plenty left for a post shave while I cleaned my gear too.

Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and pat dry. Followed that up with a healthy splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! That was a great way to start the day. Life is good!

What is this polar vortex crap that has settled in down here? Who left the door open?

05A25BDC-E14D-4BE8-8CED-667ECC3CA3A2.png

Top Bottom