Blade: Astra SP (3)
Brush: Stirling Boar
Soap: Stirling Executive Man

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Stirling Executive Man
Frag: Stirling Executive Man

The Shave-
Late morning shave and I was pressed for time, so the Gillette got the nod. Almost an all Stirling shave there. Three pass BBS and I smell great. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 401 SE: 9 SR: 488)

Pre Shave-
Strop: none
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Gillette Super Speed
Blade: Astra SP (4)
Brush: DSCosmetic Badger
Soap: CC Venture

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: CC Venture
Frag: none

The Shave-
Early morning shave and I kept most of the kit, but I did switch up razors. Once again I was behind the 8 ball and needing to shorten my shave time. Oh the humanity! I didn’t oversleep, just reading too long before getting ready for work. I have done several 3017’s on soaps. I usually waffle between knocking out the soap and moving on or wanting variety before I finish the 3017. Anyway, I know some are doing a 1508, but I am going to try a 754. Hm ... we shall see. If I make it through the week, I’ll be off to a good start. Loaded the badger heavy again this morning and whipped up another really nice lather.

Be prepared to be shocked and amazed folks, but I went with a two pass shave today ... what? What?! That’s right WTG and ATG, knocking out a pass and taking a few minutes off the shave. The shave was really nice and I was almost there. I missed just a smidge on the jaw line, so we will call it a DFS. Good stuff right there. Had a ton of lather left for the post shave lather while I cleaned the shave gear. Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and pat dry. A healthy splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Ok so I now know that a two pass is doable, but I dig the three pass shave ... so. I think that’s all I have for you at the moment. Life is good!

A9336152-ECC7-4A13-A4C2-BBB0B482E7D1.jpeg

have Count (DE: 402 SE: 9 SR: 490)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Gillette Super Speed
Blade: Astra SP (5)
Brush: Graydog Boar
Soap: MWF

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: CF GTB

The Shave-
My face needed a break today, it’s been a rough week. Changed up the whole kit and that was definitely the right call. First up, the soap ... The Fat. I know it can be hit or miss for some, but on our Co-op water, it is a lather beast. I have not had any issues with it. Went with the Marco Method and had some glorious, messy fun. The lather just built and built. Slickness and residual slickness were spot on. Light fresh scent and it rinsed easily. It just kicked the CC Venture into the PIF pile. Yes, it was that good.

I already had a blade in the Super Speed and kept that. Added in the Graydog Boar and that was all she wrote. An outstanding three pass shave and I am BBS for the win! I can sum that shave up in one word A-MAZ-ING! You know I had plenty of lather for my post shave while I cleaned my shave gear.Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and pat dry. Followed that up with a glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Yes ... yes it was. That was the shave I needed today. Life is good!

So a few changes to be made. As I said, CC Venture to the PIF pile. I am also moving the J Allen into the practice/ backup razor lot. I would like to find another low cost, English SR to replace that one. And ... I think that’s it for now. Have a great day!

94963A69-1FAB-4F7B-BF0F-B495405E7F10.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 402 SE: 9 SR: 490)

Pre Shave-
Strop: Tony Miller
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: H Diamond SR
Blade: none
Soap: MWF

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Avon Clint

The Shave-
Very nice shave and I smell great. I think today is a chill day. Life is good!

C0FA277D-1021-4DFC-8B99-CBDE530639D1.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 403 SE: 9 SR: 490)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Gillette Old Type
Blade: Wizamet (1)
Soap: PAA Sangre de Drago

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: PAA Sangre de Drago

The Shave-
Early morning shave today. Now that the CC Venture is out of the way, what to use, what to use? Hm ... Sangre de Drago sounds nice. So it got the nod, as well as the Graydog boar. I am really digging the TGN knot in this brush. I went with a 20 second load time and whipped up a really nice, wet lather that smelled great!

I went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG with minimal drama to report. Nothing major but I did manage to cut myself on the jaw line and there was some fluid loss. I managed that on the first pass, but with each rinse, the blood was gone. That aside, it was a great shave and I walked away BBS. I'm digging this soap/AS set too. The scent lingered throughout the entire shave. I also had enough soap for a post shave lather while I cleaned my shave gear.

Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and a pat dry. I then hit it with Witch Hazel and that stopped the bleeding. Followed that with a healthy splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Oh yes it was. A nice shave and I am smelling great. Life is good!

DEFE1DD2-7115-4E19-A94C-3C49499998BE.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 405 SE: 9 SR: 490)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Wizamet
Soap: CBL Tonsorial

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Avon Oland

The Shave-
Late morning shave. Yup, I hit snooze too many times, but luckily I’m working from home. Mixed the kit up a bit today and it delivered. CBL on deck this morning and it whipped up a really nice lather with a 30 second load time. The Stirling boar has settled in nicely, stopped shedding and is really comfortable.

I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. A very nice, easy peasy shave. The vintage razors just work so well for me. I’m digging this Tech and it delivered a relaxing BBS shave. Had enough lather for a post shave lather while I cleaned my shave gear.

Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and pat dry. Followed that up with a healthy splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! The Oland ranks really high in my vintage scents. It’s going to be a great day. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 406 SE: 9 SR: 490)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Soap: SV Opuntia

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Avon Tai Winds

The Shave-
TGITHMF! That’s right friends and neighbors it is that time again. To celebrate, I got up at my normal time and had an early morning shave. Yay Me! Another change up on the kit because I wanted to try the SV Opuntia soap I had recently picked up. I cannot even begin to describe the scent on this, but it smells nice. To my nose, there seems to be a bit of a bitterness just under the surface, (kinda like a bitter citrus) but it’s not bad. So let’s give it a spin. The overall performance and scent when lathered is just ... meh. JK! The scent lost that bitterness when lather and it really did whip up a nice lather. I really can’t describe the lathered scent, but once again it is nice. I had tons of lather to work with also. When I want to go big or big and messy, the DSC Badger gets the nod.

I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. Had a very nice lather going on and the Tech made quick work of the stubble. I don’t know why I got rid of previous Techs ... I was foolish I guess. Anyway, it was a great shave, nice, smooth and relaxing. Did I mention that I am BBS for the win? Oh Yeah! The soap had very nice slickness and residual slickness too ... no complaints there. As I mentioned I had enough lather for a post shave while I cleaned my shave gear.

Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and pat dry. Followed that up with a splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! The Tai Winds really doesn’t complement the SV at all ... nope not at all. It just covers it right up. I should have the matching AS on it’s way soon, so no worries. Life is good!

5D82AEA4-796A-4378-BB1E-5F29846CB693.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 407 SE: 9 SR: 491)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: Zenith Boar
Soap: ETHOS Succes

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: ETHOs Succes

The Shave -
Some great shaves using the Tech this past week. But it was time for a nice relaxing SR shave. Complete kit mix up and it was go time. Three luxurious passes and I am BBS. Life is good!

5819600E-1709-48B4-AB0D-8058DBF82A53.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 407 SE: 9 SR: 492)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Soap: Wickham Cashmere (sample)

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Wickham Cashmere (sample)

The Shave -
Very nice shave this morning using a sample of Wickham Cashmere soap and AS. I accidentally started out with a very wet brush. Marci method wet. Well crap ... let’s see what we can do with it. So I worked it and worked it some more. I think that’s the most lather that I have whipped up before. The soap feels light on the skin and rinses clean. Three passes for a very nice BBS. I really dig the AS too. It’s on the thin side, goes on light and absorbs quickly with no residual. Great post shave feel and I am ready for the day. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 408 SE: 9 SR: 492)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: SV Opuntia

The Shave -
Afternoon shave due to yard work. Oh ... forgot to mention that I am on stay-cation this week. Anyway, after the yard work I cleaned up with a shower and shave. Luckily the mail ran and I got in my matching SV AS. That set was on deck and delivered an outstanding shave. The Tech took care of business effortlessly and I am BBS for the win! That was a great shave and I am digging the scent. The post shave feel is also outstanding and the scent has some longevity to it. Very nice and I am ready for the rest of the day. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 409 SE: 9 SR: 492)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: SV Opuntia

The Shave -
Yesterday’s shave was so nice, I had to do it twice. Early morning shave this time. Life is good!

E3EDE9CE-D4E3-45D2-B435-BFC161B9DECF.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 409 SE: 9 SR: 493)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Black Diamond SR
Soap: WSP Gaelic Tweed

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: WSP Gaelic Tweed

The Shave -
Late morning shave. Nice ... very nice! BBS and smelling great! Life is good!

I wish SV soaps worked better for me with the water at my house. But alas, it doesn't reach "elite" status for me, and thus don't use them anymore. Glad it works for you!

Yeah the SV did great! Some time in the distant future, I will have to get the SV 70th.

3CCB217A-1C58-40E7-8F65-07B7396088EC.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 409 SE: 9 SR: 494)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Black Diamond SR
Brush: Zenith Boar
Soap: Stirling Piacenza

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Stirling Piacenza

The Process -
Late morning shave ... oh yeah! Was a bit indecisive today but opted for a lighter scent. Stirling is my go to soap and it did a great job again today. The light scent was the right choice. Went with a two pass shave and almost had it. I just missed a smidge on my jawline, so we’ll call it DFS+. Life is good!

Home Front -
Working on getting the garage straightened up a bit and it’s hot out here. Picked up a buffing wheel for the bench grinder, so I’ll get that installed today too. I’m looking forward to playing with that. Well after 90 days, the Yaqi brush didn’t show up. The vendor offered a refund and I was able to pick one up one the bay. Hopefully it will get here. I think that’s all I have for you today.

Stirling is my #1 favorite soap. After 500+ soaps/creams/sticks that I've used, it still is the top dog soap for me. And that Piacenza is one of my favorite scented Stirling soaps.

Same for me. I haven’t tried nearly that man soaps, but for me Stirling checks all the boxes.

Top Bottom