Blade: none
Brush: Stirling Boar
Soap: Haslinger Marigold

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Florida Water
Frag: none

The Process-
Great shave this morning. Mixed the kit up again and was rewarded with an outstanding shave. The AS didn't light me up today, I am BBS and ready for the day. Life is good!

Home Front-
I received a GF Trumper brush today. This thing is heavier than I thought and I believe it is vintage. The newer brushes have more of a designed GFT logo on them. I have seen this handle before on a vintage Truefitt & Hill Regency Super Badger. The brush was made by Vulfix for T&H, but I'm not sure if that's the case with this brush. Anyway, looking forward to trying it. The Super Badger is nice and soft and the bloom is not crazy wild. I will have to clean it up and see how it lathers.

9EDA465D-7CCE-4064-BD14-C68117CE9798.jpeg

I think I went the wrong direction, size wise, on this brush. The brush didn’t list measurements and there wasn’t anything around it for scale. Anyway, here it is between the 24mm DSC and the 22mm Yaqi.

15CD8C78-EE9C-477D-B305-D9B50A46C8F8.jpeg

The knot doesn't seem too much larger than the 24, except it looks like it fans more. Hard to tell from the photo. At any rate, looking forward to your impressions once you use it.

6D83BFA6-68E3-4439-91DC-FC5F469D7EE2.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 415 SE: 9 SR: 503)

Pre Shave-
Strop: Straight Razor Design
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Waterville SR
Brush: DSC Badger
Soap: Fine Santal Absolut

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Fine Santal Absolut

The Process-
Oh yeah! Life is good!

Home Front-
Smoking a brisket tomorrow.

3B9E1076-B88A-4D1A-9519-7E3624007164.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 416 SE: 9 SR: 503)

Pre Shave-
Strop: none
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: GF Trumper Badger
Soap: LNHC Barber Shoppe

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: LNHC Barber Shoppe

The Process-
Late morning shave and mixing up the kit. I haven’t used this Barber Shoppe in a while, so it was on deck. The Tech got the nod because it’s just a great razor and I was in a bit of a hurry. And I wanted to try the GFT brush again. I think the brush may be a 26mm because it is bigger than my DSC. It is softer and I think less dense than the DSC also. It does splay and will cover my whole cheek in one pass, so it’s more of a painting break. But it will scrub to build up lather. A 30 second load time and I was ready to rock.

I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. Had a great shave and I am BBS for the win! Oh yeah! Had a ton of lather for a post shave while I cleaned my shave gear too. This brush will flat hold some lather.

Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and pat dry. Followed that up with a double squirt of the ASB and everything was right as rain! It’s going to be a great day. Life is good!

Home Front-
The smoker is up and running low and slow. Brisket is on and I have some more firewood to cut down for the firebox. Today I’m cooking with an Oak and Hickory mix. Y’all have a great day!

41450A5C-A16D-4A3D-9CD9-819682CD381F.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 416 SE: 9 SR: 504)

Pre Shave-
Strop: Tony Miller
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Waterville SR
Brush: Graydog Boar
Soap: SV Opuntia

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: SV Opuntia

The Process-
Great late morning shave today. It’s my eldest granddaughters birthday so SV got the nod. She loves the scent of that set. And that’s why I smoked the brisket also. Turned out to be a great day. Life is good!

81CDC90F-FDB9-4278-9DDC-478052F6F8F1.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 418 SE: 9 SR: 504)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: whatever I used last one
Brush: TSC2A Synth
Soap: Ethos Succes

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Ethos Succes

669488DD-755C-4C15-93D3-D132F3DEF26C.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 419 SE: 9 SR: 504)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Blade: whatever I used last one
Brush: GF Trumper Badger
Soap: Wickhams Cashmere (sample)

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Wickhams Cashmere ASB (sample)

The Process-
Early morning shave today and I tried something a bit different. Using these samples for Wickhams Cashmere again and I am digging the scent. This will probably end up on the purchase list. The GFT brush is back on deck again as well and this is where I tried something different. I typically wet my brush as the sink is filling with water. Once the water level is where I want it, I am off and running. Today I grabbed a handy apothecary mug, stuck the brush in there and soaked it in warm water while I did other things. As I was building the lather in the bowl, I noticed it heating up from the brush ... pretty cool. I whipped up a lot of lather rather quickly and then began face lathering. Man the brush was very soft and pliable, you could tell the difference with using a longer soak time.

Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. That was a very nice shave! I was able to enjoy the light scent of this soap throughout the shave. And the difference in the feel of this brush, being soaked, was significant. The Slim and the blade were up to the task as well and it was a smooth, dare I say ... luxurious shave. I do have great shaves, but this one was just a bit above that notch. I looked at the clock and didn't realize how much time had elapsed. I guess I really was lost in the moment because the shave took longer than it should have. I had enough lather left for at least two passes. So I piled it on for the post shave while I cleaned my shave gear.

Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and pat dry. Followed that with a few dabs of the ASB, smeared that in and everything was right as rain! Oh yes it was. The ASB is a heavy liquid that goes on smooth and absorbs quickly. It does not leave a heavy, sticky feeling as some ASB's do. Oh yeah, this set made the purchase list for some time in the future. An outstanding shave and I am ready for the day. Life is good!

8A8B4621-4381-4F52-8B5A-984F94792D2E.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 419 SE: 9 SR: 505)

Pre Shave-
Strop: Tony Miller Plain
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Diamond SR
Brush: SV/TSC Badger
Soap: SV Opuntia

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: SV Opuntia

The Process-
TGITHMF! That's right friends and neighbors, it is a short work week for me and today is my Friday. I am wrapping up the work week in style with a very nice bit of kit. The Diamond got the nod today to slay whiskers. The new SV/TSC badger is in the house and ready for work. And completing the kit is the SV Opuntia ... mmmmm good stuff.

For the shave, I loaded the Opuntia for 30 seconds and began working this brush. Man I dig the scent of this soap. Lathered up great and delivered 3 very nice passes with the razor taking care of business. So I got the SV brush in late afternoon yesterday and gave it a good cleaning last night. This morning I loaded it pretty heavy just to run it through it's paces and it did very well. The brush is comfortable in the hand and has a nice weight to it. The knot is soft, dense and does splay nice for it's first lather. I have heard that the knot is set a little lower than others, but I like it like that. Like I said, it splayed well and will only get better as it gets broken in. This brush is a keeper. That was a glorious shave and I am BBS for the win! I also had lather left for a post shave while I cleaned the shave gear. Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and pat dry. Followed that with a splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! You know it. Man oh man ... I could get used to that. Life is good.

Shave Count (DE: 420 SE: 9 SR: 505)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Blade: something
Brush: AP Shaveco Beehive

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: SV Desert Vetiver (sample)

The Process-
Early morning shave today ... IKR what the crap? Had to get up early to knock out some tasks. Needed something light to try this AS sample, so Haslinger got the nod. Also trying the new to me AP Shaveco brush. I am really liking this brush too, it’s a keeper. Had a great shave and I am BBS for the win! Man I’m digging the Desert Vetiver too. Life is good!

5FFFBA97-3C76-48C7-A308-1BBA6C019698.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 421 SE: 9 SR: 505)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Blade: something
Brush: SV/TSC LE Badger
Soap: Stirling Executive Man

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Stirling Executive Man

The Process-
Got up way too early for a Saturday, but had a great shave! I am BBS and smelling good. Have some running to do today, but hopefully nit too hectic. Life is good!

0DD724C1-D6FB-42FE-9C0C-0E482DB2581F.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 422 SE: 9 SR: 505)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Blade: Wizamet maybe
Brush: APshaveco Badger

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: SV Desert Vetiver (sample)

The Process-
Nice and relaxing late morning shave today. I wanted to finish up the SV sample, so the Marigold got the nod for soap. It is the vegan formula, but the performance is just fine. And the light scent works with any AS. I also have a puck of Haslinger Honey that will go in a tin for travel soap. A 30 second load time with the new Beehive and I was ready to take care of business.

I went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. That was a great shave and the light scent of the Haslinger carried throughout. The Slim made quick work of the stubble leaving me smooth, clean and BBS for the win! Had plenty of lather left for a post shave while I cleaned my shave gear.

Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and pat dry. Followed that up with a splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! I am digging that Desert Vetiver and it’s missus approved too. Life is good!

Top Bottom