Shave-
Dovo SR
Vulfix Badger
Haslinger soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Florida Water AS

The Process-
@Smattayu put the Florida Water idea in my head, so it got the nod. Late morning shave and I am trying a new soap, Haslinger. I read people’s thoughts on it and finally got my hands on it, thanks KJ! So I dropped that puck in the OS mug and got to it. My gosh, I went after it with a damp brush and the lather exploded. I think this one is Marigold, which is a very light scent. Did I mention that it whipped up a ton of lather?

40 laps on leather and it was time to get down to business. I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. That was an outstanding shave and I am BBS for the win! I lost the scent every once and again, but it is slick. Man oh man.
Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a pat dry. Followed that with a healthy splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Man I dig that Florida Water! Man, that soap has a great post shave feLife is good!

Home Front-
Got my clippers honed up and I’m no longer a Chia pet. Have a mower repair and then mowing. And I’m sure a few other honey-do’s will pop-up. Have a great day!

4FD7FB39-B0FA-43D4-B80C-B068D214D828.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 377 SE: 9 SR: 431)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Slim
Wizamet blade (2)
Semogue Boar
PdP #63 soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
PdP #63 ASB

The Process-
Yup, you guessed it, an early morning shave. And I had another one of those indecisive mornings ... with PdP 63 getting the nod. That was a good choice. A 30 second load time whipped up a bunch of later and I got down to business. The lather did start out a bit pasty, but that was easily corrected with a bit of water. The PdP has a nice warm scent that continues through the shave too.

I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. I almost felt guilty for going with the easy, peasy DE shave. Almost, because it was worth it. I had a great shave and scored a BBS for the win! Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a pat dry. Then a smear of the ASB and everything was right as rain! The one thing I don't care for with PdP is the ASB. I would prefer to have a splash, but it is what it is. Still digging the scent. Life is good!

Home Front-
More new Covid19 cases in our county. Other that that, I got nothing for ya.

705406AD-813A-4036-8694-1FC6E136C97C.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 377 SE: 9 SR: 432)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Black Diamond SR
DSC Badger
Ethos Succes soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Ethos Succes AS

The Process-
Very nice early morning shave today. On deck is a new to me, shave ready SR. Of course it got the nod. And a bit thank you to @Dave in KY . It sounded like a good day to go decadent, so I grabbed the DSC which has a large knot. And for some Pineapple Noir goodness, Succes got the nod. Loaded a bit into my copper bowl and got after it. I may or may not have had a good size dollop in the bowl today. It started out pasty, but with the addition of a lot of water it just exploded. Man I dig that Pineapple scent. Had more than enough lather for 3 passes, a post shave lather, and then some. Good stuff right there.

No leather this morning, I wanted to check out an unmolested edge on this SR. I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. That was an outstanding shave and I am BBS for the win! The razor was very smooth and removed the stubble without incident. This is a really nice edge. I was just engulfed in the smooth edge and the scent of Pineapple that stayed throughout the shave. Yup, really digging it. Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a pat dry. Then a healthy splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! For me, the AS starts off with a light scent that is green. I don't really pick up the Pineapple and once the green fades, I still don't smell the Pineapple. But there are some really nice skin food ingredients in both the soap and AS. That is a great start to the day. Life is good!

83842F0A-CC64-4859-A97A-D39162B45C0B.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 378 SE: 9 SR: 433)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Slim
Wizamet blade(2)
Vulfix Badger
Noble Otter Two Kings soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Noble Otter Twi Kings AS

The Process-
Late morning shave today ... come on, it’s Saturday. Decided to give the Two Kings the nod today, since I have the AS now. My usual 30 second load time whipped up a really nice lather. On this scent, I’m not sure what I can smell. I can’t identify any specific notes. To me, the scent is rather unusual. Had plenty of lather going with the Vulfix and the brush actually behaved.

I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. The Gillette and Wizamet combination made quick work of this shave and I am BBS for the win! The soap also has good slickness and residual slickness. Another very nice shave. Finished that up with a post shave lather, while I cleaned the shave gear.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a pat dry. Then a healthy splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! The scent is the same as the soap with no strong alcohol smell. The post shave has a bit of a tacky, Witch Hazel feel to it. I’m curious to see how it feels in 30 minutes or so. I asked the missus what she thought and she said “It’s nice”. Allow me to translate. That means it’s ok, but don’t replace it. So there you have it. Life is good!

Home Front-
The missus was back in my CBLSoap.com Patchouli again last night. She absolutely loves the soap base and scent. It actually dethroned her beloved Stirling Plumeria. A big thanks to Spider also for getting that scent produced. The ribs are not looking good for today either, it may be tomorrow. What the crap. A task today is to repair/teplace an 8’ florescent shop light that fell out of the ceiling onto the missus new car last night. She was not amused.

18C2688F-34C7-4B75-9BF4-B5133AFC7798.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 380 SE: 9 SR: 435)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Slim
Wizamet blade (5)
Semogue Boar
B&M Vespers soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Avon Deep Woods AS

The Process-
Early morning shave ... yeah me. So, on deck today is another soap that is new to me that I picked up in a trade. The scent notes, according to the maker are: Cranberry, Rose, Sandalwood, Fougére Accord, Patchouli, Geranium, Cardamom, Balsam Fir, Mousse de Saxe, and Bergamot. Yeah I don't get that, but my sniffer doesn't work right. I get a warm, spicy type scent from the puck. And my google-fu says: Cardamon is a subtle, mildly spicy and a bit woody scent. Yup, that's what I get from the puck. Hit it with a damp brush and got to it. I loaded it a bit pasty, but threw water at it as I went. When lathering, on top of the Cardamon, I picked up a slightly smoky scent that was really nice too. I whipped up a nice, low volume lather and got after it.

Skipped the SR today to try and let my hard landing heal up a bit. I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. That was a really nice shave and I am BBS for the win! Man, I love those easy peasy DE shaves. I was able to smell the soap through the entire shave and I ejoyed the scent. This one may be a keeper. But I definitely want to circle back and hit it again. Looks like I was able to keep Murphy at bay today.

Wrapped everything up with a post shave lather while I cleaned shaving equipment. Followed that up with a quick rinse and pat dry. A splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! But, you knew that already. Today I wanted to match it with an Avon scent that I thought might have a similar feel to it, so I went with Avon Deep Woods. Great scent, but I was way off the mark. I may have been thinking of Oland, for a bit of a smoky scent. Anyway, it's all good. So ... clean shaved, smelling great and the sun is shining. It's going to be a great day. Life is good!

Home Front-
Not much to report on the home front. Same on the work front, just taking care of business. It is a short week for me, with Friday off. So, long weekend for the win! Oh yeah!

A56E8DFD-EB99-4C0D-A80D-5E465422CC36.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 381 SE: 9 SR: 435)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Slim
Wizamet blade (6)
DSCosmetic Badger
Stirling Frankincense soap (sample)

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Avon Tai Winds AS

The Process-
TGITHM! You know what that means ... an early morning shave. So the soap today is a sample that I pulled and set aside from the sample pass around box. My note says Stirling Frankincense, but I don't know if it was the one with Myrrh or not. Anyway, Stirling doesn't make it anymore and the sample is old. Didn't notice when I took the sample, but I don't really smell a scent on the soap. I thought it would open up when lathered, so the DSC lather monster got the nod. This was a bowl lather and I just kept throwing water at it. It built a mountain of lather goodness. Unfortunately, there was not scent. I was hoping for something like Wickham's Frankincense, which is very nice. Oh well.

I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. Even with the lack of scent, the soap really did a great job. The slickness and residual slickness was great. Did I mention that I had a ton of lather? The Slim and the Wizamet did a bang up job and I am BBS for the win! That was a great shave to wrap up the work week.

Wrapped everything up with a post shave lather while I cleaned shaving equipment. Followed that up with a quick rinse and pat dry. A splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Since this was a scentless soap, the Tai Winds was a great choice. I haven't used this AS in a while and it was due. So I am once again clean shaved and smelling great. Let's kick this pig. Life is good!

B7378968-1B6A-4AA3-9A24-68B4FDE85CF9.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 381 SE: 9 SR: 437)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Solingen SR
Omega Pro Boar
RR Mudder Focker soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
RR Mudder Focker AS

The Process-
Late morning shave today ... oh yeah! Decided to go with the MF today. I had used this for about a week before the shelter in place started, so it was about due. It’s also been a while since the Omega Pro was on deck, so it got the nod. This is a good sized brush and should chew through this soap fast enough. This is one that I will use up and not replace, just because. Went with a 30 second load time and whipped up a bunch of lather.

10 laps on cloth and 40 on leather and it was go time. I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. That was a very nice shave and I am BBS for the win! The soap does a good job and I had no issues with slickness or residual slickness. I think the issue for me, is the scent of the soap. It has a powdery scent. And I am not a fan of cedar or powder. I know, I know. Oh well, I can use it up and move on. Good shave though. Wrapped everything up with a post shave lather while I cleaned my shave gear.

A quick rinse and pat dry. Then brought it home with a healthy splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! No issues with the splash except for the same scent (it’s the same as the soap). But the dry down leaves the skin feeling good. Was setting with the missus for breakfast and she could smell the splash. Then she said “That smells good.” And that was a sincere approval ... well crap. So I may not be in a rush to finish this one off ... we’ll see. Life is good!

Home Front-
Lawn mowing is on the schedule today. Also have some dog grooming to do. Then I think it’s whatever comes along. Have a great day!

Shave Count (DE: 381 SE: 9 SR: 438)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Solingen SR
Zenith Boar
B&M Vespers soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
WH and Vespers EdT mix

The Process-
Late morning shave today. I have tried the Vespers before but can’t remember the AS that I paired it with. It got the nod again today. I ran the Zenith a bit wetter than I have been and in about 15 seconds, I had bubbly protolather running everywhere. So I gave it another 10 seconds for good measure. I’m at a loss to describe the scent of the soap and can’t pick out a single note. It comes across kinda warm and spicy. But there is something else that I just can’t nail down. It built a nice lather, but looking back, I may have needed a touch more water.

10 laps on cloth and 40 on leather and it was time for business. I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. The shave felt a little dry and I did add more water. But as I said, I should have added more. Re-wetting some areas did help too. All in I did walk away with a DFS for the win! The typical trouble spots could have used a bit more work. I think with another shave I could get this soap dialed in. I then went with a post shave lather while I cleaned the shave gear.

Followed that up with a quick rinse and pat dry. I used a mix of Witch Hazel and the EdT and everything was right as rain! The EdT does have a slightly different scent than the soap. I guess to bring some other notes to the forefront. Anyway it’s a unique scent and I don’t hate it ... not sure but I may be digging it. And it’s missus approved, so there you have it. Life is good!

Home Front-
Mostly a chill day. I have a few things to wrap up and then looking after the missus. We think she has a Kidney stone. I asked if she could wait until after the pandemic ... and I got the look. Be careful out there.

FB62178C-2F19-4D38-BDDA-43CC80B5FCA8.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 382 SE: 9 SR: 440)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
J Allen SR
Stirling Boar
LNHC Barber Shoppe soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
LNHC Barber Shoppe AS Elixir

DFS today ... yay me!

A98D1737-E69D-4235-B2A4-9C88C309A9B6.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 382 SE: 9 SR: 441)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
F Reynolds SR
Vulfix Badger
Stirling Executive Man soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Stirling Executive Man AS (sample)

The Process-
Early morning shave today and for this shave Stirling Executive Man got the nod. I had a sample of the soap and AS, but managed to pick up a full tub of the soap in a trade. As you know, I am a big Stirling fan and I am digging this scent. Grabbed the Vulfix brush, just because, and I didn't hate it. The brush did a bang up job and whipped up a nice lather. I stayed with my typical 30 second load time and whipped up a really nice lather with a great scent.

20 laps on cloth, along with 50 laps on leather and I was ready for business. I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. That was a great shave! The scent stayed with me the entire shave and the performance of the soap was fantastic. A really enjoyable shave and I am BBS for the win! I finished the shave up with a post shave lather while I cleaned shave gear.

Wrapped the everything up with a quick rinse and pat dry. A healthy splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Yes ... yes it was. I am really digging this scent. Once this sample is done I will have to buy a bottle of this AS. I am clean shave and smelling awesome ... Life is good!

Home Front-
Just waiting

82F5A9C0-229F-42EC-80B7-B76D5526E5F2.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 382 SE: 9 SR: 442)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
F Reynolds SR
Zenith boar
Stirling One soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Stirling One AS

The Process-
BBS and smelling great!

4A71AF2C-8AC5-4F1E-8D8C-BDDDCE45C9A8.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 382 SE: 9 SR: 442)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Super Spped
Wizamet blade (8)
DSCosmetic Badger
PAA Sangre de Drago soap (sample)

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Avon Oland AS

The Process-
Great late morning shave. BBS for the win and smelling great

5B2CFB20-ABF1-46FF-B670-A3A40D186798.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 382 SE: 9 SR: 443)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
F Reynolds SR
Stirling Boar
Haslinger Marigold soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Proraso Red AS

The Process-
Marigolds and Sandalwood BBS for the win!

Home Front-
T-1

A445DEE9-F7E6-4171-9E46-D00AC0D7D48E.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 383 SE: 9 SR: 445)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Dovo SR
Zenith Boar
Krokos soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Florida Water AS

The Process-
Early morning shave today. I haven’t had the Krokos on deck in a while, so it got the nod. This soap has a nice light scent, so you can really pair it with any AS. I loaded it for 30 seconds with the Zenith and it whipped up a ton of lather.

15 laps on Cotton and 40 on leather and it was go time. I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. Great shave today. It was nice and relaxing, but I did lose the scent during the shave. I scored a BBS for the win too. Very nice! I did notice my hinge getting loose, so I will adjust that this evening. I had a lot of lather left for the post shave while I cleaned the shave gear. That was greatness.

Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and pat dry. A healthy splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! That was the right follow up for a great shave. Life is good!

715F7C5F-84AD-410B-B77C-FE26DDBB003B.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 384 SE: 9 SR: 447)

Pre Shave-
Strop: none
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Gillette Suoer Spoed
Blade: Wizamet blade (?)
Brush: RR 400 synth
Soap: WSP Gaelic Tweed

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: WSP Gaelic Tweed
Frag: none

The Process-
Late morning shave, which is my typical weekend shave. Gaelic Tweed got the nod for today’s shave and that was a good choice. 20 second load time and I whipped up a really nice lather. Had it a tad wet and it was great! In spite of the lather, I am still on the fence with synthetic brushes. I had originally wanted to yank out this knot and replace with a TGN boar. Now I’m kinda torn and might like to try a boar/badger mix. If I can find one that will fit the handle.

I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. I was kinda lazy and went with a DE today, but it’s all good. I had an outstanding shave and I am BBS for the win! Great relaxing shave that was easy peasy. I did try something a bit different with the shaving stokes, nothing earth shattering. And it worked well. I went with a quicker, shorter stroke and that seems to eliminate buffing for me. I had plenty of lather for a post shave lather while I cleaned the shave gear.

Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and pat dry. Followed that up with a healthy splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Yup, I’m digging today’s scent choice. I don’t follow up with many frags, simply because I don’t have them. Not an issue and I am not falling down that rabbit hole. The AS choices that I have made carry the scent long enough for me to enjoy them. Life is good!

1578BB13-4B25-409F-BB2D-92311E16EE27.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 384 SE: 9 SR: 448)

Pre Shave-
Strop: TM Plain Vanilla
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Dovo SR
Blade: None
Brush: DSC Badger
Soap: AA Bay Rum

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: AA Bay Rum

The Process-
Late morning shave, you know it. Today seemed like a good day for Bay Rum. So ... I snatched that up and hit it for a 20 second load time. It started out pasty, but was quickly remedied with a generous addition of water. Yup ... I had some lather going on. This brush just oozes big lather and that was some goodness.

10 laps on cotton and 40 on leather and it was go time. I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. That was a great shave! I never lose the Bay Rum scent when shaving and I didn’t this time either. Had a great lather throughout the shave and I am BBS for the win! Oh yeah! Still working with the shorter strokes and that is working very well. Had more than enough lather for the post shave lather while I cleaned my shave gear.

Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and pat dry. Followed that up with a glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Oh yeah, this Bay Rum will always have a place in my rotation. A great start to the day indeed! Life is good!

62134F35-C427-433B-A576-BB4F455EA9A0.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 384 SE: 9 SR: 449)

Pre Shave-
Strop: TM Plain Vanilla
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Dovo SR
Blade: None
Brush: Stirling Boar
Soap: MWF

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Avon Oland

The Process-
Late morning shave today. MWF was on deck and that was a very good call. When I have an AS without a matching soap, The Fat gats the nod. I really dig this soap, it has all the ingredients of a lather making machine, without the experimenting. It has a nice, light scent that doesn’t get in the way of an AS. So a 20 second load time and it just kept building lather. That was some greatness right there.

10 laps on cotton and 40 on leather and it was go time. I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. Outstanding shave and I am BBS for the win! Yup, this soap will deliver a slick, creamy lather for days. Another really enjoyable shave. And I had more than enough for the post shave lather while I cleaned my shave gear.

Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and pat dry. Followed that up with a healthy splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! I am ready for the day, Oland style. Life is good!

Yesterday’s shave.

Shave Count (DE: 385 SE: 9 SR: 452)

Pre Shave-
Strop: none
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Gillette Super Speed
Blade: Wizamet (?)
Brush: Stirling Boar
Soap: Mitchells Wool Fat

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Aramis
Frag: Aramis

The Process-
Last early morning shave of the work week and I am going out strong. I don't usually wear a frag, but when I do it is Aramis. My wife purchased my first bottle for me decades ago and it's a great Chypre scent that has stood the test of time. It is similar to Avon Clint, for those that have tried that vintage juice. There was a matching soap at one point, but if you can find it now it is way overpriced. From what I have read, the soap wasn't that great anyway. No worries, when I have an AS with no matching soap The Fat gets the nod. I have not had any lathering issues with MWF, it produces a great lather for me. A 30 second load time this morning and I had more than enough lather to take care of business. The soap does have a scent, which is fairly light, but it is pretty much gone once it is rinsed off. The Stirling boar was also on deck today and I am really liking this brush. It has plenty of backbone and the tips have really softened up.

I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. That was an outstanding shave! Using short strokes, I made quick work of those whiskers and I am BBS for the win! Oh yeah ... that's how you pound out the work week! Once again, a stellar performance from The Fat and the Gillette combination, although I do need to give credit to the Wizamet blade as well. I have lost count of the number of shaves on this blade, but it is still going strong. And once again, I had enough for a post shave lather while I cleaned the shave gear. Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and pat dry. A dab of the ASB and everything was right as rain! Yup, it's a ASB, but thinner than some. It does a good job with post shave feel and it has an awesome scent. Yes, I smell amazing! I just so happen to have the matching frag also, so a few squirst of that and I smell super amazing! It's going to be a great day. Life is good.

Top Bottom