Shave-
J Allen SR
Zenith boar
Stirling Triumph soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Stirling Triumph AS

The Process-
Quick update today. Outstanding shave and I am BBS for the win! Life is good!

E4CD6A73-0301-4125-AC70-6469A878560B.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 363 SE: 9 SR: 413)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Schick Stick
Schick blade (9)
DSC Badger
CBL Patchouli soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Home brew Patchouli AS

The Process-
Man, that staycation week went quick and the weekend is upon us. Overcast and rainy today. So let’s brighten the day with some Patchouli. CBL Patchouli got the nod today and it’s about time. Not sure why, but it hasn’t seen much action lately. Grabbed the DSC and whipped up some lather goodness. I had a monster lather going and it was awesome.

Went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. The Schick Stick is a playful razor, reminiscent of another time I guess. However it is an injector at heart and it delivers in spades. Outstanding shave and I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a pat dry. Skipped the WH and hit it with a glug of the home brew AS. And you know everything was right as rain! Man, I smell good. I need to find a better home brew recipe that you can just add EO to as desired. Life is good!

Home Front-
Been busy around the place the last few days and really enjoying the 80+ degree days. Another front rolled through bringing cooler temps and rain. So ... kinda bumming around today. The majority of our company has been doing work from home for two weeks and it seams to be going well. Got an email that we are extending it for another two weeks and then they will review. I’m not struggling with it, I’m a Gen X’er. The forgotten generation, the original latch key kids. We invented self-isolation and self-distancing ... so buck up buttercups.

E230A78C-E770-40B9-B427-457F77CFC263.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 364 SE: 9 SR: 413)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Slim
Wizamet blade (9)
Semogue boar
Stirling Executive Man soap sample

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Stirling Executive Man AS sample

The Process-
Late morning shave ... you know it. Just enjoying life’s little pleasures. Grabbed the Executive Man again. I am really smitten with that scent right now. The Semogue took are of business and whipped up a nice lather. Had plenty for the shave and post shave.

Went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. Man that was an awesome shave and I am BBS for the win! Yeah baby! That was a really enjoyable shave ... most are. But the scent carried throughout the shave and the Slim made quick work of the stubbier removal. I tend to just take my time shaving anyway, but the late morning shaves are something special.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a pat dry. Skipped the WH again and hit it with a glug of the AS. Oh yeah ... everything was right as rain! I am really digging this scent, it’s a winner. Life is good!

Home From-
Just a few things to work on around the house today. Should

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Post-shave lather? Sounds fun and it’s the first I’ve heard of it. Does it work as good as witch hazel or alum or does it just give you a brief bit of luxury before you start or end the day?

Post-shave lather? Sounds fun and it’s the first I’ve heard of it. Does it work as good as witch hazel or alum or does it just give you a brief bit of luxury before you start or end the day?

Not really a replacement for WH or Alum. I just squeeze the remaining lather out of the brush and lather up with it. It allows me to enjoy the scent a bit longer while I clean my shave gear. And maybe the skin absorbs any skin food from the lather, lanolin, oils, etc. Then rinse and then hit the WH, Alum and/or AS.

Shave Count (DE: 364 SE: 9 SR: 414)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
J Allen SR
Stirling boar
Noble Otter Two Kings soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Florida Water AS

The Process-
Early morning shave today. I am still on vaca for two days. But for whatever reason, I woke up at my work from home time. So ... shave time. Decided to revisit the Two Kings today. Also mixed up the kit with the J Allen and the Stirling boar. I loaded a damp brush and added water as I went. Whipped up a nice lather that was rose dominant. Not bad.

Hit the leather for 40 laps and it was go time. Went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. That was a good shave. The lather held the rose scent the entire shave too. There was a hint of something trying to come forward, but I can’t identify it. Took my time to enjoy the shave, but I missed a smidge in one trouble area. So we’ll call it a DFS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a pat dry. Then hit it with a glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! The Florida Water doesn’t really pair with the soap, but what the heck. Life is good!

Home Front-
Winding down the staycation and it was great to have the time off. Just bumming around doing what you want on your own schedule can really be relaxing. Cool and raining with a high of 60 today, so I’ll be wrapping up a few things in the house. Have a great day!

OY - I double checked - its actually called "The 9 minute strength workout".

I was only off by 1 minute ~ its a terrific workout and very challenging.

7AC008E7-A65D-4696-AE01-4A26A6249C84.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 364 SE: 9 SR: 415)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Solingen SR
Stirling boar
Mike’s Natural Soap - Barbershop

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Avon Tai Winds AS

The Process-
Early(ish) morning shave today. A bit later than yesterday, but it’s all good. I may run this kit for the remainder of the week, just because. I haven’t used Mike’s lately, really haven’t used it much at all. When I had used it before, it was alright. But today ... today I had it dialed in and it clicked. Man I had a great lather going on, nice and slick. The Stirling did a bang up job of whipping it up too.

Hit the leather for 40 laps and the Solingen was ready to go. Went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. That was an outstanding shave ... man oh man. The lather was plenty slick for an SR and the Solingen make easy work of it. I really enjoyed that and I am BBS for the win! Very nice!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a pat dry. I have been skipping the WH lately and did again today. Hit it with a glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Tai Winds was on deck today and that’s a nice change of pace. Great stuff all around. Life is good!

Home Front-
Just a few things to work on around the house today. Then get back into the work grind tomorrow

Shave Count (DE: 364 SE: 9 SR: 416)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Solingen SR
Stirling boar

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Avon Tai Winds AS

The Process-
Just a quick update today. Kept the same setup and had a great shave. Everything was right as rain! And ... life is good!

Home Front-
Back at the work from home. Our governor also shut everything down yesterday. Originally it was just individual counties, now it’s the whole state.

Shave Count (DE: 365 SE: 9 SR: 416)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Slim
Wizamet blade
Stirling boar

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Avon Tai Winds AS

The Process-
Opps, hit the snooze button today and had to grab a DE. No worries though, the Slim can deliver. Went ahead and kept most of the same kit again today ... just because. Once again the soap lathered well and the Stirling did a bang up job. I think when I originally tried Mike’s, I just didn't give it a fair shake. It has done well for me this go around.

I went with my standard shave of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. Had a very nice shave and as expected, the Slim just knocked it out. That was some goodness there and I am BBS for the win! Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a pat dry. A healthy splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Man, I really dig those easy shaves. Life is good!

Home Front-
It is Thursday ... yay! It's been s short week, which was nice to settle back in. Picked up where I left off and have grabbed some new projects/assignments. I am not really hampered with the work from home thing, I am blessed to have that option. With the type of work I do, most can be done remotely. My main concern right now is the oil market. Man, a pandemic, massive lay-offs and an oil crisis ... looks like we hit the trifecta. Goodness, what a mess. I think that's all I've got at the moment. Stay safe out there.

F5FE95E1-574F-490C-BBAB-60ED91AA2F89.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 366 SE: 9 SR: 417)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Solingen SR
Stirling Synth
Stirling Glastonbury Soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Stirling Glastonbury AS

The Process-
A very nice late morning shave and I mixed the kit up a bit. The Glastonbury hasn’t seen much action lately, so it got the nod. And the synth was back on deck again as well. I’m still kinda on the fence with the synth brushes, but I think I like this one better than the Plissoft knot. Anyway, a 30 second load time and the synth whipped up a nice, creamy lather.

40 laps on leather and it was go time. I think I’ll hit this razor on the balsa a bit later today. I went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. That was a nice shave and I am BBS for the win! Oh yeah, that’s how to start a day.Wrapped everything up with a rinse and a pat dry. Then a healthy splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! I really love the simple things in life. A constant in these crazy times. Life is good!

Home Front-
I should have a mail call coming in on Monday ... most exciting. But for now, another front is blowing through. Highs in the upper 40’s today and more rain. With all the rain we’ve had this year, I should have started a rice farm. All this rain will probably ruin the first hay crops of this year too. Looks like I’m stuck inside today just doing ... stuff.

I know I don’t say it enough, but a sincere “thank you” to everyone working the front lines! We couldn’t make it through this mess without you.

2661F0C9-7F1F-4E9F-AA79-CECEC4EF50B8.jpeg
Shave Count (DE: 366 SE: 9 SR: 418)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Solingen SR
Stirling Synth
WK King of bourbon Soap sample

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Just water

The Process-
Early morning shave ... what ... what?! IKR? For some reason I woke up early. On deck today I am trying a sample that was sent to me by @Dave in KY, which is King of Bourbon. Smelled really good on the puck, so I had to give it a go. Put a bit in my copper bowl and it whipped up a fantastic lather. And the scent held throughout the shave.

I went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. That was an outstanding shave and I am BBS for the win! I really like the shave properties of this soap. Man it smells great too! .Wrapped everything up with a rinse and a pat dry. Yup, that was it. I wanted to gauge the post shave feel and see how long the scent would carry from just a soap. Great post shave and the scent will linger for awhile. Life is good!

C8C24828-DAF0-4AE6-AEDB-7954C8A2104A.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 366 SE: 9 SR: 419)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Boker SR
TSC Synth
LNHC Limited Edition Barber Shoppe soap

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
LNHC Limited Edition Barber Shoppe AS

The Process-
Late morning shave today ... oh yeah. I decided to hold off a bit and see if my mail call would arrive in time for my shave. Yes ... yes it did. So a new everything for this shave. Grabbed the Boker because I haven't used it in forever and wanted to test the edge. Using the @lnhc Limited Edition Barber Shoppe today with the matching balm and the TSC Anniversary brush. The shave started out kinda odd in that the brush felt like it was sticking to the soap. In spite of that, I loaded away and threw water at it. Oh my ... I had this way too wet and slung soap everywhere. With that said, it didn't break down and was a fun mess. The TSC brush appears to need a bit of a break in. It has a good backbone, but not much splay to speak of. I'll have to get a puck of modern Williams and beat on it for awhile to loosen it up a bit. I think it will loosen up with usage. Got my mess to settle down and got the first pass lather painted on. After the first pass, I changed brushes to the Stirling synth, which did a bang up job. With the Stirling synth, if didn't feel like the brush was sticking to the soap either.

40 laps on leather and then it was go time. I went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. That was a very nice shave! The soap whipped up really nice and has a pleasant scent that I could smell throughout the shave. I couldn't pick out a single note and I don't have anything to compare it to. It has good slickness and residual slickness as well. As a bonus, it works with a straight, so it's a keeper. Almost forgot to mention that I am DFS for the win! I did miss a smidge in my trouble area, but it's all good.

Wrapped everything up with a rinse and a pat dry. A a couple of pumps of the Barber Shoppe balm and everything was right as rain! It has a pump dispenser on it which is pretty cool. This is the first time that I have used her balm and thought that it might end of feeling greasy. It seemed to feel that way for just a minute and then it absorbed quickly leaving a really nice post shave feel. Yup, I'm digging this soap and balm. Life is good!

Top Bottom