Gillette Old Type
Astra SP (6)
Omega 48 boar
GTB soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GTB AS

The process -
Woohoo ... TGIF! Wrapping up the work week, so let's start the day with a good shave. Went back to the setup that I had started the week with, before the AS testing. I can't believed I have rocked the DE all week long. I'll have to change that this weekend. Hit the GTB for 15 seconds with a wet brush. Once again it whipped up a ton of great smelling lather. I had enough lather for all my shave passes and a post shave lather.

Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have not drama to report. I am still using the same blade, so I'm not sure how I scored the irritation anomaly yesterday. Anyway. I had a fantastic, easy peasy shave and I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and ... everything was right as rain! I know you guys have been missing that. Man the difference in the two aftershaves seems rather large today. I had a great post-shave feel and I smelled great. No worries of this scent trailing off in the next little bit. Look out world, here I come.

Home front -
The cat tree was put together last night and appears to be working. When I left this morning the problem cat, that has been sleeping on my wife's convertible, was sleeping on one of the beds in the tree. I hope that continues to work. Checked the status of my Avon soap and after 4 days at Chicago USPS, it finally made it out of the state and should be here tomorrow. That is the second package that I have had come through there that has taken 4-5 days to pass through. What the .... I'll just leave that right there. Nothing planned for the weekend yet except working on the shave shelf. Hopefully I can finally get that done. It's not really alot of work, it's just fingdin the time. I may also end up bringing some work home, we'll see how the day goes. I think that's all I have at the moment, Have a Great Day! Life is good!

https://Badgerandblade.com/attachments/ab7c9ad4-f6bf-4e59-9424-c85afa2b9495-jpeg.3061/?hash=c3c97860885d568d08ae957b5018ac7b

Shave mail. The Clint soap came in today. I let the missus check it out and she wants the bowl. She told me to find something else to put the puck in. Then she saw the way the puck was molded and told me I couldn’t use it.

She relented and I can use the soap now. Don’t know how old this stuff is, but it smells great. Still has a strong scent on the puck. I know what I’m shaving with tomorrow.

DD3A4482-39FB-4E03-BE1B-AC89F00EA1F4.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 272 SR: 190)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Henckel SR
DSC Badger
Avon Clint soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Avon Clint AS

The process -
I was rocking some old school sh...stuff this morning. I parked the car close and left it running, just in case the missus caught me with her new dish. I bloomed the puck for a bit since it’s older than dirt and loaded it for 30 seconds with a wet brush. Took a minute and then the soap started to lather. The soap scent is stronk on the puck and when lathering. It’s a deep woody, smoky kinda scent. I dig it. It cranked out a really nice lather, but the brush was kinda hoggin’ it.

Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have not drama to report. I didn’t rinse between passes because I didn’t want to risk breaking the lather. I did dip the brush tips between passes without any issues. Lather was a bit thinner than modern stuff. But that could have been the brush. No issues during the shave and I am BBS for the win! Even had plenty of lather for a post shave soak.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! That’s right, I said it. The AS is a stronk continuation of the soap. Very nice! Man, that was a truly cool shave. The only thing that would have made it better is a vintage brush to seal the deal. That’s it, I’m going shopping. Have a Great Day! Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 272 SR: 191)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Henckel SR
Zenith boar
Avon Clint soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Avon Clint AS

The process -
This morning I kept most of the kit, but changed brushes. The lather was nice yesterday, but a tad thin with the badger. Not bad, just kinda inconsistent. I bloomed the puck again for a bit and loaded it for 30 seconds with a wet brush. Took a minute and then the soap started to lather. The lather today didn’t do near as well. It was thinner than yesterday and drying during the shave.

20 laps on nylon webbing and 50 laps on the leather today Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. I did dip the brush tips between passes but that didn’t help matters. No issues during the shave, but it required a lot of swiping with a wet hand to get through the shave. I pulled off a DFS and I’m calling that a win! I didn’t have enough lather left for post shave. What little was left was very airy with large bubbles.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Again. I am still really digging the scent. But I think the lesson for the day is: if you shave with hand soap use a badger brush. I may try it with a synth to see how it does. But at least I know I could survive a shavepocolypse with bar soap. Maybe Dove, it has moisturizing cream.

Home front-
My shave shelf is put back together and hanging on the wall. Waiting for the Teak oil to dry before I can load it up. Hit a thrift store yesterday, but no joy. Let’s see what today brings. Have a Great Day! Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 273 SR: 191)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette New LC
Vulfix badger
Baker Street soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Baker Street AS

The process -
So, I cleaned up the new to me Gillette New and wanted to give it a go this morning. Never used an LC, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I also decided to go with Baker Street for the week. I think it's been awhile since I have used this soap/AS combo. Went with the standard load of 15 seconds and whipped up a really nice lather that smelled great.

Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. Very nice easy peasy shave today, but I did pick up one small nick and that was my fault. This is a really nice shaving razor and has a place in my rotation. That was a nice lather. I had enough for the shave and post shave also. Did I mention that I walked away BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! I'm digging this scent too. Clean shaven and smelling great, look out world here I come.

Home front-
I was able to clean that Gillette New a bit this weekend. It's not where I want it to be yet, because I wanted to try it out. I was also able to finally load my shave shelf back up. Ah Mondays ... back to the grind. Have a Great Day! Life is good!

F905608D-5DE3-4F4C-B911-FA18896F2DAC.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 273 SR: 192)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Torrey SR
Vulfix badger
Baker Street soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Baker Street AS

The process -
Changed the razor out today, but kept the other gear. I really need to take a pic from a different angle to show the spine work on this razor. That and clean some patina off. Anyway went with the standard load of 20 seconds and whipped up another nice lather that smelled great.

20 laps on nylon and 50 on leather for this razor. Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. Last time I used this razor I had a hard landing, but avoided that today. Had a great shave, but missed a touch by my Adam’s apple. So we’ll call that a DFS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Nice ... very nice! Very enjoyable shave and I smell great! Starting the day off right.

Home front-
Took the day off today. Have to run a dog to the vet and mow before the rain comes. Not a fun way to spend the day. But it is what it is. Have a Great Day! Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 272 SR: 191)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Henckel SR
Zenith boar
Avon Clint soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Avon Clint AS

The process -
This morning I kept most of the kit, but changed brushes. The lather was nice yesterday, but a tad thin with the badger. Not bad, just kinda inconsistent. I bloomed the puck again for a bit and loaded it for 30 seconds with a wet brush. Took a minute and then the soap started to lather. The lather today didn’t do near as well. It was thinner than yesterday and drying during the shave.

20 laps on nylon webbing and 50 laps on the leather today Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. I did dip the brush tips between passes but that didn’t help matters. No issues during the shave, but it required a lot of swiping with a wet hand to get through the shave. I pulled off a DFS and I’m calling that a win! I didn’t have enough lather left for post shave. What little was left was very airy with large bubbles.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Again. I am still really digging the scent. But I think the lesson for the day is: if you shave with hand soap use a badger brush. I may try it with a synth to see how it does. But at least I know I could survive a shavepocolypse with bar soap. Maybe Dove, it has moisturizing cream.

Home front-
My shave shelf is put back together and hanging on the wall. Waiting for the Teak oil to dry before I can load it up. Hit a thrift store yesterday, but no joy. Let’s see what today brings. Have a Great Day! Life is good!

Not that I have tried a lot of DEs, but I like my New LC best so far.

It’s the first one I’ve tried and I’m digging it.

I didn’t realize, until I organized my shelf, that most of my DE are OC.

78251F3F-32FA-49A5-81E0-50A1D9C18F2D.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 274 SR: 192)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette New
Astra SP (2)
Vulfix badger
Baker Street soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Baker Street AS

Just a quick entry today. I overslept a bit, but had a really nice shave.

Shave Count (DE: 274 SR: 193)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Henckels SR
Vulfix badger
Baker Street soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Baker Street AS

The process -
TGITHMF! And thankfully had time today to squeeze in a SR shave. Kept the same kit to wind down the work week also. I stayed with the standard load of 20 seconds and whipped up another nice lather. I'm still digging this scent too.

20 laps on nylon and another 50 on leather for this razor. Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. Outstanding shave this morning, no muss no fuss and I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Very nice shave today and it ticked all the boxes. Not sure what else there is to say but it was a good week, regardless of hardware. I may sit this soap/AS combo aside and start the weekend early tomorrow with something different, we'll see.

Home front-
Not much has changed the last few days on the home front. And staying true to form, I don't know of any plans that we have for the weekend. Besides, it's supposed to rain Friday and Saturday. When I took off on Tuesday, I had a chance to hit up an antique mall. I don't know why, but I picked up another scuttle. I think it was just because it was from England. At any rate, below is a pic. That also maxed out my VADER spending for the year, so I am done shopping. Have a Great Day! Life is good!

B85539DA-577D-4CD2-9237-D19FF437431C.jpeg

94562BC9-B4D1-4833-933E-58205B0E7D09.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 274 SR: 194)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Henckels SR
Zenith boar
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Proraso Red AS

The process -
Very nice late morning shave today. I thought I would give that new scuttle a try to. I guess I didn’t have my water steaming hot enough for the lather to stay real warm the whole shave. But that first pass was really nice and the hot water made the bristles really soft. I went with a 30 second time and whipped up a great smelling lather. Ah Sandalwood ... good stuff.

20 laps on nylon and another 50 on the leather strop. Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. Outstanding shave this morning, no muss no fuss and I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Very nice shave today and adding the scuttle was pretty cool. I’ll have to play with that more. Did I mention that I smell great?

Home front-
Not much going on today, just an easy day. It’s 58 degrees out and everything is wet. Have a Great Day! Life is good!

314CB5D8-8599-49C0-AEA5-4CFFD4928558.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 274 SR: 195)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
J Allen SR
VDH badger
SC Vanilla and Vetiver soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Clint AS

The process -
Decent shave is morning. Not awesome, but decent. Went with random bits and this is what I ended up with. The brush is a cheapie I bought a long while back for travel. Scored it at a Marshalls for $4, so I can’t complain. Wanted to try and break it in and this was the first use. It lathered ok and had decent face feel. It has badger funk and is a lather hog. I started with a 20 second load and had to hit the cream a second time to finish the shave. I will be pounding it on a modern Williams to continue the break in.

20 laps on nylon and another 50 on the leather strop. Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. The J Allen is smooth, but the edge has faded. Back to the honing queue with this one. I did manage to pull off a DFS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A double splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! The Clint covered up the soap nicely. The missus and I both dig the scent of the Clint, so that’s a bonus. Decent shave and smelling great.

Home front-
Horrible weather today. Low 60’s and raining. Good grief! Have to get out and run a few errands and knock out some shopping today ... that should be fun. It is what it is ... Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 274 SR: 196)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette New
Astra SP (3)
Omega boar
GTB soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GTB AS

The process -
Grabbed the boar brush that started it all. It’s an Omega 10019. It’s broken in, the tips are soft and it has a ton of backbone. I started with a 30 second load and whipped up a really nice lather.

Needed a quick shave, so I grabbed a DE. Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. Very nice, easy shave and I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Very nice shave and I smell great! Excellent way to start the day.

Home front-
Another 2.5” of rain yesterday. That makes 6.5” in 3 days. That should be enough to last a while, but more is on the way. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 275 SR: 196)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
J Allen SR
Omega boar
Gaelic Tweed soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Gaelic Tweed AS

The process -
I had goofed around with the J Allen a bit on the stones yesterday, so I wanted to give it a try today. Only hit it on the stones and didn't use the pasted balsa. Kept the same brush again, just to beat on it a bit more too. It sounded like a nice week for Gaelic Tweed, so let's do that. I went with a 20 second load and whipped up a nice lather. It started a bit wet and then cranked up nicely.

40 laps on the nylon and 60 laps on the leather strop to get going. Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. So the razor was honed up to 12k. It was very smooth, but I think could be a tad sharper. For whatever reason, I picked up some irritation today, but didn't notice until the AS hit it. I may run this up on the balsa strops. But with that said, I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A double shot of the AS and woohoo!, man that lit me up. I picked up some irritation during the shave. After that settled, everything was right as rain! Nice shave and man oh man, I smell great! Very good choices to start the week off.

Home front-
Last night, after hitting the J Allen on the stones, I broke out a Torrey. This Torrey was the first one I picked up and I wasn't sure If I would get it honed out well. So I set it aside and went hunting for the second one. At any rate, I brought out the 600 grit sandpaper and hit that Torrey like it owed me money. I finally managed to pull out all the chips and, so next up is a bevel set and an edge. We'll see how it ends up. Life is good!

CB043856-9224-4B9F-8EFC-92A85996293E.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 275 SR: 197)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Torrey SR
Omega boar
Gaelic Tweed soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Gaelic Tweed AS

The process -
It's Torrey Tuesday, so that razor is on deck today. Speaking of razors, this morning I figured out my irritation issue from yesterday. It was not irritation, I managed a really nice cut on the underside of my jawline. It just didn't bleed, so I didn't see it until today while shaving. Anyway ... I kept all the other kit the same just to put some shaves back on this brush. It's not as soft as the Omega 48, but it will crank out some lather. After all the shaves that are on this one, I can't believe the amount of backbone and minimal splay that it still has. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it's just holding up really well. So went with a 30 second load today. Was face lathering and dropped the brush into the half full sink. Snatched it back up and it just exploded with lather and didn't miss a beat. So ... this soap will hold a bit of water.

50 laps on the leather strop and I was ready to rock and roll. Went with only a two pass shave of WTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. I was rushed for time, but determined to get in an SR shave and not fall back on the DE. The shave was nice, but I don't have the mad skills yet for a 2 pass BBS. So I walked away DFS for the win! I'll take it.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! I know I've mentioned it, but I really dig this scent. And this juice works really well for me. I can catch whiffs all day long. As a bonus, the missus really likes it also. Once again a very nice way to start the day.

Home front-
Ended up the youngest granddaughter last night. Looks like we are baby sitting for the week, so that will probably be what occupies most of our time. I think that's all I've got for now. Sniff sniff ... yup, I still smell amazing. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 275 SR: 198)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
J Allen SR
Omega boar
Gaelic Tweed soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Gaelic Tweed AS

The process -
It's Hump Day! Back to the J Allen, but other than that still rocking the same gear for the week. Man I am really digging this scent. It has been crazy busy at work so far and when I get home, there is the toddler duty to help with. So, this morning, I tried something a bit different. I wanted to really, really focus on my shave and push my time constraint a little farther back in my mind. Went with a 30 second load today and whipped up a really nice lather. Some scrubbing strokes, some paining strokes ... man it was all good.

50 laps on the leather strop and it was go time. Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. No drama at all ... zip, zero, nada. This razor is an odd duck. It will not pass a hair test for me, but is super smooth and gets the job done. Not sure why that is, but who am I to argue. It works great! That was an outstanding, very relaxing shave and I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Man, that was just what I needed and ... OH CRAP! I'M LATE! Totally worth it, not sorry. The soap/AS combo works really well for my skin too, which is an added bonus. I am starting the day once again smelling great and ready for anything.

Home front-
As I mentioned, crazy busy at work again this week. But from what I understand, that is the new normal. I also get to put together a baby bed when I get home today, so that should be fun. Have a few razors that I wanted to play with on the stones, but that can wait until this weekend. Life is good!

Top Bottom