Shavet-
Henckel SR
Vulfix badger
SC Patchouli soap sample

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Nivia ASB

The process -
A very nice shave today. I changed out a few things and went straight up Patchouli. Grabbed the sample of Stone Cottage Patchouli and smeared a bit in the Turkish bowl. Got after it and whipped up a great smelling lather. Man, there is just something about that earthy scent.

50 laps on the leather and the Henckel was good to go. Went with the standard shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. That was a good shave with the scent coming and going. Plus, I am BBS for the win! Can’t argue with that.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and quick towel dry. A bit of the ASB and everything was right as rain! Beautiful Easter Sunday. It’s currently 75 with a high of 80. Very nice! A nice scent choice for the day also.

Home front -
Nice lunch with family yesterday. No joy on the car repairs, so it’s gotta go to a shop. I have a few unfinished projects on my workbench that need attention, so I will be working on those today ... Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 264 SR: 186)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shavet-
Henckel SR
Omega 48 boar
AA Bay Rum soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
AA Bay Rum AS

The process -
Starting a new work week, so let's kick it off with some attitude. I grabbed the eye patch and the Bay Rum. Started my shave with the same simple process, a splash of water and a 30 second load time. Rinsing between passes and dipping the brush tips in water, I cranked out an awesome, great smelling lather. And in keeping the same load time, I had plenty of lather for all three passes and a post shave lather.

50 laps on the leather and the Henckel was ready to rock and roll. Went with the standard shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. A great shave and I am BBS for the win! Yup, this is the razor for this week. It delivers a really nice shave. Smooth and sharp.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Now I am ready to tackle the day! Ended with a great post shave feel and I know that this AS will deliver in the longevity department. Oh ... and I smell amazing!

Home front -
A few things on the home front. This is my regular week to have Friday off, so it's a shorter week. Yay me! My allergies seem to be doing a bit better also, so that is good. Yesterday I did finish up one project and got it off my work bench. It's a speaker box I built and installed in my wife's car. It's a subtle box in that you only see the speaker. I should have a few mail calls this week of samples. They were not purchases, but more info on those when they arrive. Hopefully more of my soapmaking equipment will make it in this week too. I also need to start gathering up the ingredients to make soap. Oh, I also had a moment over the weekend and bought a razor on the bay. It will need a bit of TLC and I'll post a pic when it comes in. I think that's all I got. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 264 SR: 187)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Henckel SR
Omega 48 boar
AA Bay Rum soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
AA Bay Rum AS

The process -
Motoring right along and kept the same kit again. I am late posting, so you guys get the leftovers today. I did get my shave on this morning and it was nice! I reduced my load time today to 15 seconds and really didn't notice any difference in the lather. Lathered right up with no issues and I never did break it with water. And it smelled awesome!

50 laps on the leather and go time. Went with the standard shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. I can't say enough about this razor, it just shines. I am starting the day BBS for the win! Arg!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Not sure if it's by design or just age, but the reducer in the AS bottle just has glug mode. Not that there is anything wrong with that. A pirate's splash for me. Nice dry down and and the longevity of this juice is outstanding.

Home front -
Expecting shave mails, but they haven't come yet. They will. Crazy busy at work today, that's why you get the leftovers. We have more rain coming to finish out the week also. I think that's all I got. Life is good!

"Right as deluge" you mean. :)

Park you car on a flight out of Love field?
temp.jpg

Shave Count (DE: 265 SR: 187)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Senator
Israeli blade (3)
Zenith boar
Krokos soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
CC "insert name here" test AS

The process -
I had a bit more time this morning, due to a training class, so I was able to test a new aftershave. Captain's Choice is working on a new AS and I was lucky enough to get on the testing list. It's publicly posted on the forum, so it's not top secret or anything. The AS sample was awaiting me when I got home last night. I did give it a sniff last night too. So this morning I had to give it a test run. The AS has a light scent, so I went with the lightest scent that I could think of ... the Saffron. Anyway, grabbed that and really mixed everything up. Decided to go with a DE and the Zenith. So, I went with a 15 second load time and whipped up a really nice lather. I threw water at it between passes, but it never broke. I also had enough for a 3 pass shave and a post shave lather.

No laps today since I am on easy street. Went with the standard shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. Nice ... very nice BBS for the win! I'll take an easy peasy shave any day of the week.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and quick towel dry. A healthy shot of the test AS and everything was right as rain! I almost stopped there, but I will give you my initial impression.

"It’s a softer, pleasant scent from the bottle. Faint, but there. In my hand, I lost the “blue” scent and got more of a synthetic / menthol scent. I applied it to a damp face and it was not sticky. Had a brief alcohol hit and then the menthol kicked in. The menthol is spot on. I don’t want it to freeze my face off, just wake me up. I could smell the menthol when applied.

The dry down left a great post shave feel and I could smell the powder. Post shave is spot on. I would give this a solid 7 of 10. Would I buy it? Not at this time. I would like the scent to be stronger, more present. I work in an office and can wear scents. I don’t want to leave a vapor trail, but I do prefer a strong longer lasting scent."

See ... told ya. Right as rain!

Home front -
Speaking of rain ... good grief. At least I got a nice shave in. I set my navigation software to get me to the training class this morning 10 minutes early. That didn't work, I arrived 30 minutes late. Yes, due to the monsoon that passed through overnight, I spent 2 hours in traffic this morning. What a mess. Still crazy busy at work, but Friday is on the way. Tomorrow is pretty open on my calendar, so maybe I can get caught up on things. Looks like I may also have another shave mail at the house. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 266 SR: 187)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Senator
Israeli blade (4)
Zenith boar
Krokos soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
CC "insert name here" test AS

The process -
TGITHMF! Oh yeah, it's that time of the week again. You know what I'm talking about. Morning shave, but a late post. You guys get the leftovers again. So ... just a quick update today, because my shave was a carbon copy of yesterday. Same process, gear and results.

Wrapped everything up and you know ... everything was right as rain!

Home front -
I received a mail call last night that I was waiting on. It's a Gillette New long comb. I was watching several on the bay and accidentally bought the wrong one. I actually wanted the short comb, but the price was right. So it is what it is. It's user grade, so I'll see if I can get the remaining gold wash off and clean it up. A few errands and honey do's this weekend. I also have some projects to wrap up, so we'll see how it goes. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 266 SR: 188)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Torrey SR
Vulfix badger
Venture soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Venture AS

The process -
Great late morning shave! I was really conflicted on what to use today. Not sure why, I don’t usually have that problem. Anyway, finally got that sorted and got my shave on. Went with a 15 second load and whipped up a really nice, great smelling lather. I think 15 seconds may be my new normal.

Went with 40 laps on the nylon mesh and 50 laps on leather. Just because. Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG, ATG and have no drama to report. An outstanding shave and I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! That was the right choice today. An excellent shave and I really dig this scent. This soap has great slickness and residual slickness. I’ve read this is an Advetus clone, so I may have to try Stirling Executive Man to see if the scent is a touch stronger. Man I dig it.

Home front -
Should be in the high 70’s today. I have a list of to-do’s and projects for the weekend. But today I think I may kick it like my backyard smoker ... low and slow. Have a great day everyone! Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 266 SR: 188)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Torrey SR
Vulfix badger
Venture soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Venture AS

The process -
Great late morning shave! I was really conflicted on what to use today. Not sure why, I don’t usually have that problem. Anyway, finally got that sorted and got my shave on. Went with a 15 second load and whipped up a really nice, great smelling lather. I think 15 seconds may be my new normal.

Went with 40 laps on the nylon mesh and 50 laps on leather. Just because. Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG, ATG and have no drama to report. An outstanding shave and I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! That was the right choice today. An excellent shave and I really dig this scent. This soap has great slickness and residual slickness. I’ve read this is an Advetus clone, so I may have to try Stirling Executive Man to see if the scent is a touch stronger. Man I dig it.

Home front -
Should be in the high 70’s today. I have a list of to-do’s and projects for the weekend. But today I think I may kick it like my backyard smoker ... low and slow. Have a great day everyone! Life is good!
What grade hair is the Vulfix? I love their Badger brushes.

0835AE30-9BC2-4013-8055-206F1747C68F.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 266 SR: 189)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Torrey SR
Graydog synth
Tabac soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Tabac AS

The process -
Not so great late morning shave. Haven’t used Tabac in a while, so I mixed up a few bits and got to it. Went with a 15 second load and whipped up a really nice lather.

50 laps on leather. Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG, ATG and have minimal drama to report. No fluid loss, thankfully but I have irritation on the jaw line, on one side. I also had a hard landing on my cheek on the other side. I am BBS for the win, but at a cost. I’ve used this razor a few times and I’m convinced the blade is warped. I’ll pull it out of rotation and see what I can do with that.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A slap of the AS and everything was right as rain! That was a good choice with the Tabac.

Home front -
Should be in the 80’s today. The wife picked up her sister’s dogs at the vet today. While she was there, some punk kids broke the antenna of her car. What really sucks is that it broke off the top of the signal booster. That won’t be cheap. Anyway other things to work on around the house. I’ll have to order her parts a bit later. Have a great day everyone! Life is good!

Last edited:
Shave Count (DE: 267 SR: 189)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Old Type
Astra SP (1)
Omega 48 boar
GTB soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GTB AS

The process -
Outstanding late morning shave. Thought I would bang on the GTB a bit more today. Not sure yet but I may just use it til it’s gone. We’ll see. Mixed up all the kit today as well. Went with a 15 second load and whipped up a really nice lather that smelled great..

No laps today, I went for the easy shave. Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG, ATG and have no drama to report. Easy peasy mid-century modern shave. Very nice indeed. And I am also BBS for the win.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Mmmm outstanding shave.

Home front -
Should hit 80 today. Had a chance in plans today. Helped my stepson repair the A/C in my eldest granddaughters car. Got home to discover that we are babysitting the youngest granddaughter also. Oh well, best laid plans and all that. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 268 SR: 189)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Old Type
Astra SP (2)
Omega 48 boar
GTB soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GTB AS

The process -
Ahh, back to the grind today. I had the same shave setup on the bathroom counter this morning, so I'll run with it. Once again it delivered an outstanding shave. Went with a 20 second load (just because I can) and whipped up a ton of great smelling lather. Dipped the tip of the brush in water between passes and also rinsed between passes. The lather just kept building and building.

No laps again today. Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG, ATG and have no drama to report. I am also BBS for the win! I just don't know what to add to that. It was just an awesome, relaxing shave.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! You know it! Great shave and I am ready to tackle any obstacle, look out world.

Home front -
So ... our weekends are usually dynamic, just because they are. Didn't get a chance to mow, so may try to squeeze that in tonight. I also have my shave shelf in pieces on my work bench for a remodel. It's subtle changes that are more geared towards long time. For some reason I got it in my head that I wanted to try a 3 day fast. I don't know why, I just did. Last meal was dinner last night. So, we'll see if I can make it through the day without passing out from hunger. I think that's all for now. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 269 SR: 189)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Old Type
Astra SP (3)
Omega 48 boar
GTB soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GTB AS

The process -
Just a quick update as I am rocking the same setup again today. The shave was a carbon copy of yesterday's as far as process and end result. Another great shave. The bottom of the tub is showing and it's about as big around as a half dollar. So I may work on finishing this one up. We'll see.

Home front -
Got the yard mowed last night, just in time for the rain. The rain should be rolling in today and stay until Friday ... oh joy. Received the updated AS sample from CC yesterday. I didn't try it this morning, but will soon. As of tonight at 7:00pm, it will be 48 hours since my last meal. 48 hours. I was really hungry last night, but it has faded some this morning. I probably cut this short and just do a 2 day fast instead of 3. There was really no driver for this other than I wanted to try it. Besides, if I only do 2 days there is room for improvement. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 270 SR: 189)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Old Type
Astra SP (4)
Vulfix badger
SC Vanilla 7 Vetiver cream

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
CC test sample #2 AS

The process -
Yesterday I received my new test sample of the CC aftershave, so I wanted to give it a try this morning. I hit snooze one too many times, so no straight shave again today. Kept the Old Type on deck but mixed up the other kit. I picked up the Stone Cottage awhile back. Picked up some cream samples, bar soap and a 3 oz puck of this cream. Everything I bought was on sale, so I saved money right? I went with what I thought was a lighter smelling cream for my shave today and since it's a cream, I opted for the badger. Just because. The cream is firmer than say a TOBS, but very workable. I went with a 15 second load and went from proto-lather to full blown lather before I was done loading. Hit it with the normal rinses and brush dips between passes and the cream never faltered. It had good slickness and residual slickness too. Not sure what I think of the scent yet. I don't hate it, but it's not awesome. I would imagine that it would grow on me. I don't smell the vanilla, so it must be the vetiver that I smell.

Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Very nice shave and I am BBS for the win! Man, I love these old vintage razors. They deliver an outstanding shave for a low cost of ownership.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. Then I grabbed the new test AS. The scent was stronger in the vial than the previous sample. Poured some in my hand and once again it was stronger than the previous sample. Slapped it on my face and the scent was gone. Gave it another splash and the scent was gone again. The soap was overpowering the AS (so much for the lighter scented soap). I got the menthol and post shave feel, but that was it. So, I'm sitting at my work desk 2.5 hours later with a faint hint of the soap and no AS. Guess I will have to try another soap tomorrow. In spite of the scent issue with the AS, it was a great shave.

Home front -
Finished up with the 2 day fast and I know I could do three days. Not that I am, but I could. Plugging away at work with keeping the lights on, resolving issues and working on projects. Not much going on with the home front today. Nothing long range planned because you guys know we are dynamic that way. So with that, Have a Great Day! Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 269 SR: 189)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Old Type
Astra SP (3)
Omega 48 boar
GTB soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GTB AS

The process -
Just a quick update as I am rocking the same setup again today. The shave was a carbon copy of yesterday's as far as process and end result. Another great shave. The bottom of the tub is showing and it's about as big around as a half dollar. So I may work on finishing this one up. We'll see.

Home front -
Got the yard mowed last night, just in time for the rain. The rain should be rolling in today and stay until Friday ... oh joy. Received the updated AS sample from CC yesterday. I didn't try it this morning, but will soon. As of tonight at 7:00pm, it will be 48 hours since my last meal. 48 hours. I was really hungry last night, but it has faded some this morning. I probably cut this short and just do a 2 day fast instead of 3. There was really no driver for this other than I wanted to try it. Besides, if I only do 2 days there is room for improvement. Life is good!

I have to say it. Was expecting rain the past two days, but NO! No "right as rain" either day so no rain. :) Maybe tonight.

Shave Count (DE: 271 SR: 189)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Old Type
Astra SP (5)
DSC badger
Krokus

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
CC test sample #2 AS

The process -
Ok, giving the new CC AS sample another test today so went with a lighter scented soap. I also switched out brushes just for giggles. The Krokus did great this morning. I went with a 15 second load time and had a nice lather building on the soap. The more water I threw at my brush, the lather just kept building. I like it's pleasant scent and man oh man did I have a ton of lather. I had enough for 3 passes and a post shave lather. I probably had enough left to shave at least one of the dog too.

As you can see, I am still rocking the DE. Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and have just a touch of drama to report. Not sure how I managed it, but I had a spot of irritation. It may be time to ditch this blade. Other than that, it was a very nice shave and I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A splash of the new test AS and ... crap that burned. I found that spot of irritation. The scent has been increased in the second sample and the menthol/post shave feel is spot on. The downside is that the scent is still not strong enough and it does not have the longevity that I am looking for. All in all, a good shave. Not awesome, but good. So, I think that's all I have on that. Stay tuned tomorrow to see what I wrap the work week up with.

Home front -
Goodness have we been getting hammered with rain, another 2 inches last night. I think we get a break Sunday and then more rain next week. I may have mentioned before we have a few outside cats, but they will hang out in our garage. So a few days ago I bought them a cat tree, hoping they will stay off the cars. It was delivered today, so I should be putting that together this evening. I also need to wrap up the changes to my shave shelf and get it hung back up. So ... that's it at the moment. Still waiting on a shave mail or two. I'll post those when they come in. Have a Great Day! Life is good!

Top Bottom