Gillette Slim
Astra SP (6)
Zenith Boar
Ghost Town Barber soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Ghost Town Barber AS

The process-
TGIF ... am I right? Ok, so I am wrapping up the work week and finishing it off with the same gear. Really nice shaves this week that were quick, clean and consistent. Can't ask for anything more than that. The boar and GTB were on this week, man oh man. Ran 30 second load times and cranked out a ton of great smelling lather. I still can't believe this GTB isn't wiped out yet, but it's close. Tomorrow I'll be mixing the shaves up with random bits.

Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. Same same and BBS for the win! Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A double glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! That's right ... so nice I had to hit it twice.

Home front-
Not much planned for the weekend, but something always pops up. Grrrrrr! 20-30% chances of rain all the way through next Thursday. Life is good ... but pass the floaties.

22ADEE51-E35A-4AB8-94DD-4899BA609EA4.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 283 SR: 207)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Dovo SR
Vulfix Bagder
SC Vetiver and Vanilla cream

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Avon Oland AS

The process-
Late morning shave today and mixed up all the kit. The SC cream is one I have without a matching AS, so I use it with the Avon AS. The cream itself is nice, but I’m not much on the scent. To me it smells like my wife’s foundation makeup. Anyway, this one will be a one and done with no reorder. It does crank out a decent lather, so there is that.

50 laps on leather for the Dovo. This is the razor that bit me last time, so today was the rematch. Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. Wife poked her head in the bathroom when I was lathering for my last pass, to say we had company. “This is the pass that decides the fate of nations. Begone woman!” Her response was not very lady like. Anyway, nailed the rematch and I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! The Oland is missus approved and I dig it too. These vintage aftershaves are nice, I’m glad I found them.

Home front-
Nothing much to report at the moment. Just chilling ... so stay tuned.

03988208-676B-42B4-97AA-31464FBCC060.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 283 SR: 208)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Torrey SR
Vulfix Bagder
Stirling Glastonbury soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Stirling Glastonbury AS

The process-
Mixed up all the kit again and I was kinda conflicted on which way to go. Back to that conflict in just a minute. The Glastonbury has a nice, complex scent in the tub. You can smell the Patchouli and it’s blended well with the other scents. The soap lathered easily and the Vulfix does a bang up job of cranking out lather. 30 second load, just because, and I was good to go.

50 laps on leather for the Torrey today. I almost went with the Sheffield, but the Torrey was up next. Used a bit heavier pressure during the strop to continue testing that. Once again I heard the pitch change while stropping, which is interesting. Doing that on the Dovo, it definitely felt like it was getting keener. Anyway, went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. Very nice shave indeed. I did miss a tad on the jawline so we’ll call this a DFS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A splash of the AS and ... what is this? Of course everything was right as rain! But this AS started off with a different scent, more of a green, grass type scent. I’m curious to see how it changes as it dries down.

So back to the conflict. After receiving the Glastonbury yesterday, I was really wanting to try it. With that said, the horsehair brush appears to really be coming along too. I don’t know it it was using the hair conditioner or what, but it’s doing nicely. No more hair clumping while loading or lathering. It pulls in a nice amount of soap and releases it with a nice splay. I almost went with modern Williams and the horsehair today. Almost. Looks like the horsehair has earned a place back in the rotation and I am going to have to try that Williams too.

On the Williams, maybe I just have decent water, because it hasn’t given me any trouble. I threw it in the OS mug and bloomed it while I showered and shaved one day. It swelled up a bit and has lathered like a champ ever since. I think I’m going to have to try MWF next and see how it does. I think that’s all for now. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 283 SR: 209)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Torrey SR
Vulfix Bagder

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Stirling Glastonbury AS

The process-
Thought I would take the Glastonbury for a spin this week, so I kept the same kit that I had yesterday. Hit the soap for 30 seconds and the Vulfix made quick work of cranking out the lather. The soap has an interesting scent and I am digging it.

40 laps on leather for the Torrey today. Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. Very nice shave again today, but I missed that same spot on the jawline. So we’ll go with a DFS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! I mentioned yesterday that the AS has a green scent. It starts off way different than the soap. I may have hit it a bit too hard this morning because it's really green. Like "I just edged the yard and have that green crap all over me" kinda green. I've got one heck of a headache this morning and I hope it's not from the AS. We'll keep on keeping on and see what happens.

Home front-
Not much to report at the moment. Spent some time over the weekend gathering different things to donate to the thrift store. I will probably work on more of that this week as well. I am off Friday, so it will be a shorter week. Although shorter there won't be less work, so we'll see how things pan out. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 284 SR: 209)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Old Type
Edison blade (1)
Zenith Boar

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Stirling Glastonbury AS

The process-
Hit snooze way too many times this morning and had to speed up the shave. So today I broke out the Old Type. Also decided to grab a boar brush, just because. Went with a 30 second load time and cranked out plenty of lather. I'm still digging the scent of this soap too. I kept throwing water at it during the shave and it never broke. It did thin out just a tad, but I still had plenty for all 3 passes and a post shave lather.

Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. Nice, quick easy peasy and BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! I'm not sure what I think about this AS yet, it smells green. Green. I mean really green ... oh my gosh that's all I smell is green. Yes, I think there may be a green type of scent to it. I think the only thing I smell on the dry down is ... wait for it ... green. So we'll see, maybe it will grow on me. You know ... the way green things do.

Home front-
Still not much on the home front yet. The dog that had hives is doing better, so that's a relief. I guess I should have mentioned that several days ago. Other than that, I am just trucking right along. Life is good!

D817C981-952D-40EC-9883-723FAFCD324E.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 285 SR: 209)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Old Type
Edison blade (2)
Semogue Boar
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Proraso Red AS

The process-
Hump day! Had to leave a few minutes early for Dr appointment. Just the usual checkup and script refills. But I had to speed the shave up and stayed with a DE. I was wanting to try the new boar brush today and halfway expected it to be terrible on the first shave. Surprisingly it was not. Soft(ish) tips, built and released lather well and had just a bit of splay. That splay will come around a bit more with use. But a good first outing. As for the Proraso, what can I say? Oh ... I know. It’s a good soap! I have no probs lathering and getting it slick. It is slick enough to shave with a straight. And that scent? Awesome!

Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and once again I have no drama to report. Another nice, quick easy peasy and BBS for the win! Gotta love it.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! That’s right baby ... and I hit it twice. There is just something about this scent, simple and great smelling. Who smells awesome? I do!

Home front-
Busy work week, pretty laid back at home. Just one more sleep and a wake, then it’s my weekend. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 286 SR: 209)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Old Type
Edison blade (3)
Semogue Boar
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Proraso Red AS

The process-
TGITHMY! You know what I'm talking about. I'm a little late in joining the "ABC" theme week, but I'll see what I can do. Today's shave is brought to you by the letter "D", as in (D)ay-hum I smell good! Sorry, I don't have a soap that starts with the letter D. So I substituted with the same setup as yesterday because it was mighty fine. Same prep, kit and results as yesterday. The new brush is working well and Proraso is ... well Proraso.

Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and once again I have no drama to report. Easy peasy but not lemon squeezy and I am BBS for the win! Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Did I mention I smell good? Bet I did. I am ready for the day.

Home front-
Few errands and what not to know out tomorrow. Then just a fluid weekend taking things as they come. Life is good!

15E4F04B-0737-4ABC-A532-49D782519C34.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 286 SR: 210)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Henckel SR
Vie Long horsehair
Williams soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Thayers Lemon WH
Avon Oland AS

The process-
Late morning shave today ... man I love those. Went random today. Since I had been working on the Vie Long, I grabbed it and the Williams. The brush is doing better and has earned its way back into the rotation. I discovered something interesting on this brush. If you load clockwise, the bristles gather together. Load counterclockwise and it opens up. Anyway I loaded for 30 seconds and got after it. Built a decent lather, not awesome. That could be my inexperience with the soap. The soap feels lighter, less thick on the face than other soaps. First pass tried drying out on me. Added more water to the rest of the passes.

50 laps on leather and the Henckel was good to go. Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and once again I have no drama to report. Man it was nice to be back to the straights. DEs are nice, but I really like the straights. I’m mostly BBS, but needed some work around the Adams Apple, so we’ll call that a DFS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. Hit the witch hazel today. On a damp face and lighter than I had been. That absorbed well while I cleaned shaving gear and wasn’t sticky. I must have been heavy handed before. Speaking of heavy handed, a handful of the AS and everything was right as rain! Yup I’m accidentally “that guy” today. The restrictor on the Oland is bigger than the Proraso, so I ended up going heavy. Oh well, it’s all good and I dig the scent. So no apologies.

Home front-
Several errands today. Donations to the thrift store, run to the vet (different dog), cleaners and a few other places. So that should keep me busy for a while. Life is good!

B0BDDF3B-DDD4-4C3F-858D-0C6C4F1756C1.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 286 SR: 211)

Pre Shave-
Quick shower and splash and go

Shave-
Henckel SR
Vie Long horsehair
CC Venture soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
CC Venture AS

The process-
Quick shower and a late morning shave today. Kept the same hardware, but changed out the soap/AS. Well, it was a bit different with the way the brush acted today. I went with a 30 second load time and the brush mostly clumped together and didn't splay well. Again. It lathered and was decent, but not awesome. So back to the Williams for this bi-polar brush. Anyway, it whipped up a decent lather and smelled really nice.
Just 40 laps on leather for the Henckel, just because I was lazy. Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. Got the Adams Apple squared away today, but missed a bit on the jawline, so we will call this another DFS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. Skipped the witch hazel today. Went straight to a splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! I like the scent of this soap/AS, but probably will not reorder. I think once it's done, I'll replace it with Stirling Executive Man. Anyway. it's good enough to use up.

Home front-
Got all my errands ran yesterday. Today I am working on the A/C on my granddaughter's car and I think that's all I have today. I may be advised (on very short notice by the missus) that I need to help more her daughter. I did bring some work home, so I will be working on that some time as well. A quick request for those that are inclined to pry, please put my wife, Debbie, on your prayer lists. That's all I have at the moment. Life is good!

9819CB8F-D208-4900-890A-89663812B08D.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 286 SR: 212)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Torrey SR
Vie Long horsehair
Williams soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Proraso Green AS

The process-
Late morning shave today ... you know it. Changed a few things up again today too. I went with a 30 second load time and the brush did fine. I think this brush just likes Williams for some reason. Had enough lather for three passes and to slap some on the strop.

50 laps on leather for this Torrey. Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. The shave was decent, but the blade still needs more work. With this shave I am also DFS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! A refreshing splash with a nice menthol kick. I guess for a casual weekend shave, it’ll do.

Home front-
After the AC work yesterday, got most of the mowing done. A little bit to finish up today. May detail the cars and then a few more errands. Please keep my wife, Debbie, on your prayer lists. We are not sure if she has a pinched nerve or what. Had a CAT scan on Friday and hopefully we will know more this week. I know it’s causing a lot of pain and keeping her down. In spite of this obstacle ... Life is good!

29B14522-A594-475F-8C25-97F2DD3B2DDE.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 286 SR: 213)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
J Allen SR
Semogue 610 boar
Ghost Town Barber soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Ghost Town Barber AS

The process-
Early morning shave today ... ya know, because of the whole work thing. Changed out all of the kit to start this new week too. Thought I would beat on the Semogue a bit this week to break it in and it also sounded like a good week for GTB. Went with a 30 second load time and whipped up a really nice lather. And you know it smelled great.

40 laps on leather for the J Allen and it was go time. Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. Thankfully I had a better shave today, than the past few, and I am BBS for the win! I needed that win.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A heavy splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Man oh man that's some good stuff right there and I dig that slight menthol kick. That was a great way to start the day. I might even use this all week.

Home front-
Nothing new to report yet, just work ... work ... work. Oh wait, I have something ... no, that's nothing. Never mind. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 287 SR: 213)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Old Type
Edison blade (4)
Semogue 610 boar
Ghost Town Barber soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Ghost Town Barber AS

The process-
I hit snooze way to many times today ... and I had been doing so well. Anyway I still had to get in a quick shave so I went with the DE. I did keep everything else the same. That Semogue is breaking in really nice, even with the limited use that it has received. Hit the soap for 30 seconds and cranked out a ton of lather. Had enough for 3 passes and a post shave lather. Man, the GTB smells great!

Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. Quick easy peasy shave and I am BBS for the win! Good stuff right there.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A double splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Not much else to say there, I am ready for the day. I'll keep hitting this thing and see how many shaves are left in the tub. Or I may go random tomorrow, who knows.

Home front-
Crazy busy at work and trying to wrap up some projects before the end of the week. I will be at a conference early next week, so these tasks have to be done this week. I did splurge and buy a Coke today and found out after I opened it, that it was not regular Coke, it was Cherry. Grrrrr ... That sucked. Tried to eat a little healthier today too and went with a Caesar salad. I didn't realize it at the time, but it had Salmon instead of chicken. Who does that? Really?! Fish tacos, fish salad ... what is wrong with these people? Good grief! Deep breaths ... deep breaths. I say those things in jest ... Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 287 SR: 214)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
J Allen SR
Semogue 610 boar
Ghost Town Barber soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Ghost Town Barber AS

The process-
Managed to have time for an SR shave today ... Yay me! Other than the SR, everything else was the same. And I guess as long as it's taken me to post this, I'll go with the quick entry today.

ave Count (DE: 288 SR: 213)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Old Type
Edison blade (5)
Semogue 610 boar
Ghost Town Barber soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Ghost Town Barber AS

The process-
Well ... it's two days in a row that I have hit snooze way too many times. Hope I'm not getting back into bad habits. There were a few differences or changes in my shave today. The first was that I tried a cold water shave. I can now say without a doubt that they suck. I also hit the soap just a bit harder than normal, more on that in a minute. Once again GTB didn't disappoint, cranking out another nice lather that smelled great.

Due to time and curiosity, I went with a two pass shave of WTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. Good results, but not awesome. I am DFS for the win! I'm not sure if it was my one eye technique or if the blade is failing. But I think I get about 5 shaves out of the Edison and they start fading on me.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A heavy splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! A good shave and smelling great! I'll take that any day. So there were a few differences with my shave today. The last one I hadn't mentioned yet. SQUIRREL! I'll just leave this pre-shave pic right here.

1B07BCE8-43AE-46E9-932B-B0CFE279C542.jpeg

Home front-
Still crazy busy at work and not much going on at the casa. Life is good!

8FB2F46A-7BD9-474C-8BF6-1923FF277B3F.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 288 SR: 215)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Henckel SR
Vulfix badger
Stone Cottage Vetiver & Vanilla cream

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Nivia ASB

The process-
Late morning shave all the way baby. Was a bit undecided on what to use today and finally reached for the SC. Then grabbed the badger and I was drawn to the Henckel. This cream is a bit firmer than some, so you can load it like a croap. Went with a 20 second load time and whipped up a nice lather. Had enough for three passes and a post shave lather. Wet my face between passes and threw water at the brush. It never broke, it got slick and a bit thinner. This worked well for the SR. Wasn’t real sure about the scent at first, but it’s growing on me. It has a light clean scent.

Hit the Henckel with 40 laps on leather and got to work. I went with a three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. That was a good shave and broke me out of the DFS funk. Yes friends and neighbors, I am BBS for the win! Nice!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A splash of the ASB and everything was right as rain! The Nivia is another light scent and it pairs well with this cream. Really thought about grabbing the Clint again today, but in hindsight Nivia was the right call.

Home front-
Helping the kids with moving and installing appliances today and just taking the day as it comes. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 288 SR: 216)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Henckel SR
Vulfix badger
Nanny’s Silly Soap - Patchouli sample

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Thayers WH
Nivia ASB

The process-
Late morning shave today, you know it. Kept most everything the same, but I changed out the soap and added the WH. I picked up the sample from @cmh737 and it is nice. I love a straight up Patchouli and will be adding one to the rotation. Broke out the copper bowl and got after it. The soap lathered up quickly and smelled great. Had it a bit wet and bubbly at first but the lather settled down and kept building.

Hit the Henckel with another 40 laps on leather and it was go time. I went with a three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. The shave felt kinda strange in that the razor kept trying to stick to my skin. Not sure if my angle was a bit too shallow or my lather needed a bit more water. Regardless the shave was very nice and oh yeah, I am BBS for the win! Man this razor shaves great!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A splash of the WH, then a splash of the ASB and everything was right as rain! I may have mentioned that I originally may have gone too heavy on the WH. It left me feeling kinda sticky. I have reduced it and it works a lot better. I also like the nice, light scent of the Nivia, it works well.

Home front-
Just light work around the house today and packing for my business trip. Life is good!

2E89B8FE-1C33-4526-A707-EA747A74EDEE.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 288 SR: 217)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Henckel SR
Zenith boar
Stirling Baker Street soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Stirring Baker Street AS

Top Bottom