What's new

Mike's first date in a long time last night.......

I've been married so long I would not have a clue about dating. Glad I don't, and won't have to put up with what you describe.

Good luck!!!

Putting this into proper perspective I add the following info found out during dinner last evening.

#1 Her daughters (2) fathered by "baby daddy" never married the guy. They have been apart for 15 yrs or more... She claims he is still madly in love with her.

#2 Her ex husband is a cop. (no offense to one of my favorite cops, Scott (groundhog).... He is always heavily armed and despite their divorce 2 and a half years ago and his having a live in girlfriend, he purchased perfume as a gift for his ex wife (my date) I found this..... Strange.

#3 She claims her boss (Martin Frankelesque) is madly in love with her. It is at his enourmous estate grounds where the NYE party will be held.

This all sounds to me like I may become an unwilling participant on an episode of the Oxygen Network's "Snapped"

Wow! Hang on! It sounds like you are in for a wild ride! :em2300: Seriously, do you have anything better to do on New Years? At worst, you will have a good story to tell. All women are complicated and they all are high-maintenance. See how it goes. If I were you I would not miss it for the world! :thumbup:

P.S. Try bringing some treats for the dog. They are easily bribed!

Dave

Last edited:
Hang in there and enjoy yourself. If you want to keep seeing her, keep in mind that it can take a few dates (or more) for people to start acting naturally.

Hang in there and enjoy yourself. If you want to keep seeing her, keep in mind that it can take a few dates (or more) for people to start acting naturally.

I think the real concern is what she will be like when she is comfortable and being more herself.

... wow.

I'm not even sure how to take a girl out on a date. I've never been on a date in my life.

Though, I'm half your age. Which around here means if I was a chick you'd probably try to date me too, at the same time as someone even younger and someone your own age just to keep things balanced (40 years total of teenagers, and a 40 year old wife... yeah that's balanced).

Huh... maybe I'm a couple decades too young to be dating yet.:001_huh:

I'm reminded of the guy that told his wife that when she turned forty he was going to trade her in for two twenty year old chicks. Her reply?
"Bubba, you're not wired for 220"!

#2 Her ex husband is a cop. (no offense to one of my favorite cops, Scott (groundhog).... He is always heavily armed and despite their divorce 2 and a half years ago and his having a live in girlfriend, he purchased perfume as a gift for his ex wife (my date) I found this..... Strange.

:lol: I was just kidding before, but you seriously need to scope out the other talent at this party.

Or else run. :lol:

I've got a buddy on the job who's on # 4. He gets along great with all his ex'es. I don't think he buys any of 'em perfume, but get this - when he picks up and drops off his daughter with #3, he and wife #4 have dinner and spend the night with #3 and her husband since they live about 2.5 hours apart. Now, that's strange...

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Just discovered that thread...

Best of luck mate! I think you will be fine... I don't know if you can find someone without any 'past' today... Even my 15 yo sister-in-law seems to have one... :eek6:

Can't wait to see the pictures and know if it went well!

Putting this into proper perspective I add the following info found out during dinner last evening.

#1 Her daughters (2) fathered by "baby daddy" never married the guy. They have been apart for 15 yrs or more... She claims he is still madly in love with her.

#3 She claims her boss (Martin Frankelesque) is madly in love with her. It is at his enourmous estate grounds where the NYE party will be held.

This all sounds to me like I may become an unwilling participant on an episode of the Oxygen Network's "Snapped"

Easy one word response to her as a potential Mrs.....NEXT!

Wait. Cut the music. Place your serving tray in the upright locked position. Hold the phones. The hampster is telling me this does not compute over:

Wt....? Did I miss something? Or are you taking a brown paper sack for, well, you know.....

I was kind of wondering that myself. Not about a brown paper sack for the above mentioned purpose. Just about the mask. Why are you taking a mask with you?

Last edited:
mmm.... I think with the cinema theme of the New Year party Mike is going to... Fellini... Kubrick... the mask is de rigueur.

without it he might be... underdressed!

Note Mike's new avatar.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Guys.... I had a GREAT time at the most culturally diverse "party" that I have ever attended. I never realized that Tampa was such an international melting pot. My date and I enjoyed each other's company very much as well. There were about 90 people in attendance. Food galore....an open bar that would have put the selection at any restaurant to shame. Great music... Champagne, bonfire, Russian, Latin, European women galore ( this was an unofficial function for the Tampa International Singles Club) I met Oksana, Valentina, Ingrid, Julianna, etc etc as well as Vlad, Viktor, Swen, Trung, etc etc. My date looked fantastic....she had been to these parties in the past sponsored by her boss an Insurance brokerage owner who throws these soirees on a fairly regular basis. Had I not been with her I would have had no trouble at all finding any number of very attractive female company. I plan on trying to make another one of these shindigs because even though many of the guests reminded me of the cast of Stardust Memories... it was truly some of the most fun that I have had in years!

I left the "mask" in the car...

Guys.... I had a GREAT time at the most culturally diverse "party" that I have ever attended. I never realized that Tampa was such an international melting pot. My date and I enjoyed each other's company very much as well. There were about 90 people in attendance. Food galore....an open bar that would have put the selection at any restaurant to shame. Great music... Champagne, bonfire, Russian, Latin, European women galore ( this was an unofficial function for the Tampa International Singles Club) I met Oksana, Valentina, Ingrid, Julianna, etc etc as well as Vlad, Viktor, Swen, Trung, etc etc. My date looked fantastic....she had been to these parties in the past sponsored by her boss an Insurance brokerage owner who throws these soirees on a fairly regular basis. Had I not been with her I would have had no trouble at all finding any number of very attractive female company. I plan on trying to make another one of these shindigs because even though many of the guests reminded me of the cast of Stardust Memories... it was truly some of the most fun that I have had in years!

fantastic! Enjoy your new friends! (good news - good for you... envy descends on me....]

left the "mask" in the car...
:001_rolle

I am not a fan of pomeranians, yappy methed up little furballs.

I am a few years younger than you (41) and I have been on a dating hiatus for the past few years (school for a new career and family) but I can relate to the chemistry issue.

You know what, my last girlfriend and I dated for almost five months before chemistry kicked in overdrive. I have found after that relationship ended (we're still close friends) a lot of women I have gone out with are a lot less patient in terms of allowing chemistry to develop than I am. It rarely happens instantly or even overnight.

So the big skill testing question do you like her company? Do you have enough common interests?

Granted this is all for the next one, the date you had for New Years sounded like one of my online dates from a few years ago before I went on my dating sabbatical.

I hope you got phone numbers and emails from that night:).

Last edited:

I left the "mask" in the car...

That sounded like one cool party. Wish I was there.

Top Bottom