What's new

Mike's first date in a long time last night.......

You don't have to decide the rest of your life from a first date. Relax and have fun! If it turns into something, great! If not, so what? Yappy dog, Sweet Tea, Tequila Sunrise! These are not very meaningful criteria to judge someone. I recommend you hold off on the judging and coast a little. Much more important is: Does she have a good heart?: Can you communicate with her?; Do your interests overlap? These may take a while to find out. Who cares what some bartender thinks! She loves animals and has a nice house. These seem like good things to me. She even went out of her way to try new things with you. That is also a good sign.

-They seem very much straight out of a Fellini film...

I love Fellini! A New Years Eve party with a cast of Fellini characters sounds like a whole lot of fun!

Dave

Wow, that sounds like a real bummer... but remember, things can be really nervous on the first date.. maybe she showed her nervousness thru weird actions??? For all you know she may be sitting at home banging her head against the wall saying omg, now WHY did I act like that...

either that, or she is truly strange.. if you want to go, go.. I want to hear about the people at that party, but not enough to make you spend your new years unhappy... but yep, you might meet someone else there too.. life is such a gamble, at least you are taking a chance! :thumbup1:

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
A side note... She respected that I didn't continually stare at her rather sculpted endowed chest like most men she meets. (Im apparently just much better at concealing my glances.)

Don't be too quick to dismiss a potential romance, my friend. She might be really supportive of your varying ADs... may even be enough to offset some other less than desirable traits:tongue_sm

A side note... She respected that I didn't continually stare at her rather sculpted endowed chest like most men she meets. (Im apparently just much better at concealing my glances.)

You didn't mention this before! Stop at PETCO and buy the mutt a gift and then pick up some flowers for her.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
She has sent me 3 text messages so far today. Barring something unusual I will be at that New Years Eve party. I wouldn't miss it for anything. I hope I can post some iPhone shots from the festivities as well as commentary in the days following.

Too bad about the date, but it sounds like the party may be worth the aggravation. Can't wait to hear the update.

She has sent me 3 text messages so far today. Barring something unusual I will be at that New Years Eve party. I wouldn't miss it for anything. I hope I can post some iPhone shots from the festivities as well as commentary in the days following.

Hmmmm, are you developing a little chemistry?

She sounds a bit clingy... depending on the content/context of your txt messages.

Glad that New Year's party is on!!! :sneaky2:

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
She sounds a bit clingy... depending on the content/context of your txt messages.

Glad that New Year's party is on!!! :sneaky2:

Putting this into proper perspective I add the following info found out during dinner last evening.

#1 Her daughters (2) fathered by "baby daddy" never married the guy. They have been apart for 15 yrs or more... She claims he is still madly in love with her.

#2 Her ex husband is a cop. (no offense to one of my favorite cops, Scott (groundhog).... He is always heavily armed and despite their divorce 2 and a half years ago and his having a live in girlfriend, he purchased perfume as a gift for his ex wife (my date) I found this..... Strange.

#3 She claims her boss (Martin Frankelesque) is madly in love with her. It is at his enourmous estate grounds where the NYE party will be held.

This all sounds to me like I may become an unwilling participant on an episode of the Oxygen Network's "Snapped"

Yowza. I'd probably tend to enjoy the party, then cut this one loose soon thereafter. However, it should be noted that I'm WAY too cautious nowadays with relationships/etc.

I agree with Rich -- too much drama.

I'm pulling for you, Mike. Just about a month and a half ago I started dating again after 3 years of being very happy being alone. I felt pretty much the same way after our first date, but in my case it might have been the severe PTSD from a bad divorce and a few horrible rebound choices that was keeping me from enjoying myself:001_rolle
Sounds like she might be a bit of a handful though, seeing as how every guy she knows is in love with her:001_huh: At any rate, good luck with what ever happens!

B

bluefoxicy

Egad.

You're almost 50.

This sounds as bad as dating a middle schooler.

Never mind girls, do humans ever grow up?

Putting this into proper perspective I add the following info found out during dinner last evening.

#1 Her daughters (2) fathered by "baby daddy" never married the guy. They have been apart for 15 yrs or more... She claims he is still madly in love with her.

#2 Her ex husband is a cop. (no offense to one of my favorite cops, Scott (groundhog).... He is always heavily armed and despite their divorce 2 and a half years ago and his having a live in girlfriend, he purchased perfume as a gift for his ex wife (my date) I found this..... Strange.

#3 She claims her boss (Martin Frankelesque) is madly in love with her. It is at his enourmous estate grounds where the NYE party will be held.

This all sounds to me like I may become an unwilling participant on an episode of the Oxygen Network's "Snapped"

This sounds like she has an ego that needs to be stroked a good bit and if what she says about her ex's are true, then enjoy the party and look for someone with a little less drama.

hmmm... a rich fantasy life can be an important part of any new relationship!

good luck.

( remember: 9-1-1 <send> )

Top Bottom