What's new

Micromatic Monday

That is such a beautiful Gem Jr Bar -- and both the razors are just superb shavers!!! Well done, and an awesome reminder that....
Micromatic Monday (aka GEMonday) approaches!!! :a50:

Thank you. The Jr. Bar certainly is a superb razor. It's so smooth it's hard to believe it's removing any hair at times, yet so efficient I could almost get away with a single pass shave. I don't really need to pair it with another razor, I just like the variety.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Thank you. The Jr. Bar certainly is a superb razor. It's so smooth it's hard to believe it's removing any hair at times, yet so efficient I could almost get away with a single pass shave. I don't really need to pair it with another razor, I just like the variety.
I understand and feel the same way!!!

Slantember 30! Gotta be a double given ASR never made a slant.

It's kind of a shame they didn't, I mean can you imagine the shave an ASR designed slant would give had they made one. Although I do have a Damaskeene that may actually qualify as a slant, but it shaves like $#!+.

It's kind of a shame they didn't, I mean can you imagine the shave an ASR designed slant would give had they made one. Although I do have a Damaskeene that may actually qualify as a slant, but it shaves like $#!+.

My Yaqi slant just shaves like it was driven over by a car. Sounds like your Damaskeene actually was!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Looks like a GEMonday this morning fellows for the MicroMaticMonday gathering, I wanted something not overly aggressive & my eyes always like the looks of the milder Gem push button.

Razor : Gem push button ,MFG 1959-65
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (7)
Soap: Razorock "The Dead Sea" Great scent & post shave
Brush: Yaki Tuxedo knot 24+ mm
Preshave: Brush was the face with CeraVe soap
Post shave: Alum block + cold water rinse
Post shave : Nivea balm + Razorock The Dead Sea A.S with witch hazel
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum indicated irritation from prior shaving= :wink2:
Gemonday (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Flintstone65

Looks like a GEMonday this morning fellows, I wanted something not overly aggressive & my eyes always like the looks of the milder Gem push button.

Razor : Gem push button ,MFG 1959-65
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (7)
Soap: Razorock "The Dead Sea" Great scent & post shave
Brush: Yaki Tuxedo knot 24+ mm
Preshave: Brush was the face with CeraVe soap
Post shave: Alum block + cold water rinse
Post shave : Nivea balm + Razorock The Dead Sea A.S with witch hazel
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum indicated irritation from prior shaving= :wink2:
View attachment 1021427
Have some great shaves!
Good to see you, sir! It's been quiet today. I think Slantember and Schicktember ending is keeping some folks away, and I have to sheepishly admit that I shaved yesterday, and as I'm an every-other-day shaver, I think I'm going to miss today. Tomorrow is the start of OCtober, so I'll make sure to tee-up some OC Gems for my Monday shaves.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Good to see you, sir! It's been quiet today. I think Slantember and Schicktember ending is keeping some folks away, and I have to sheepishly admit that I shaved yesterday, and as I'm an every-other-day shaver, I think I'm going to miss today. Tomorrow is the start of OCtober, so I'll make sure to tee-up some OC Gems for my Monday shaves.
It has been a busy fall for postings Fred. See you at OCtober thread as a intermediate poster.

GEMonday here, present and accounted for!

Slantember double, recovery shave after a near Kai-tasrophe yesterday.

Pass 1 and second touchup: PBOCS/Kai(7)
Pass 2 and failed touchup: Featherweight/Gem PTFE(?)
Cream: LEA Mentolada (well mentholated!)
Plain label boar “REINE BORSTE
Alum and High Mountain Call Juniper AS
B6662CA9-898B-438C-BD4F-BA9A89F7E085.jpeg

Apologies to the GEM enthusiasts. Last night I honed a new (to me) Wade & Butcher FBU and owed it a shave test this morning. I'll be back next week. I really enjoy my BMMOC.

Today's Gemonday shave was inspired by @Tanuki well I matched the razors the best I could. It was a great shave.
Hot shower prep.
The Alpha took first pass with a 6th use Bluebird. The Gem Featherweight deluxe took second pass and some buffing cleanup with a second use Gem SS PTFE.
The Palmolive and Proraso green whipped up nicely on a two band badger. And a splash of witch hangeland a hot rinse finished things off.

20190930_205640.jpg

Flintstone65

Well done, guys!!! Daily Doubles, Slantember shaves, and of course, the most important: Micromatic Monday / GEMonday!!!

Today's Gemonday shave was inspired by @Tanuki well I matched the razors the best I could. It was a great shave.
Hot shower prep.
The Alpha took first pass with a 6th use Bluebird. The Gem Featherweight deluxe took second pass and some buffing cleanup with a second use Gem SS PTFE.
The Palmolive and Proraso green whipped up nicely on a two band badger. And a splash of witch hangeland a hot rinse finished things off.

View attachment 1021689

Nice GEMonday deluxe double! I am just getting used to my sudden influx of creams, mainly inspired by you and @Flintstone65 ! I think I can blame the B-20 blades that just got inventoried on you as well. It is all going to result in a lot of cream lathered Daily Doubles in OCtober.

Top Bottom